Coronavirus megathread do you have a pretty mask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is having to pay for one now, one 24hrs before his flight and one when he lands.. 450£ boom.. thank you .. then he has to pay for 10 nights quarantine in a hotel @80£ a night.. so he is downm1250£ before he starts earning.. his flight is covered though..

To be fair, in his circumstances (work), and given Oman's wealth, the juice will definitely be worth the squeeze in this instance. I wouldn't mind so much, having to jump through those sort of financial hoops for a job, but for tourism purposes? Nope. Not a fucking chance.

To be fair, in his circumstances (work), and given Oman's wealth, the juice will definitely be worth the squeeze in this instance. I wouldn't mind so much, having to jump through those sort of financial hoops for a job, but for tourism purposes? Nope. Not a fucking chance.

Apparently the wages situation is down, he says Thailand is paying more for the same work.. but theres even more crazy hoops he has to go through to work there.. and a 14 day quarantine which has to be paid be the person travelling. But hes desperate to get out of the uk and needs the money so Oman is what hes trying to get to .. he is having to wait on the green light visa etc.. he has been working abroad for nearly 15 years and he has been stuck here for nearly a year, he says the red tape is unbelievable at the minute. But go look at flightrader 24 and theres a constant 11,000 planes in the sky.. so people are travelling.

Apparently the wages situation is down, he says Thailand is paying more for the same work.. but theres even more crazy hoops he has to go through to work there.. and a 14 day quarantine which has to be paid be the person travelling. But hes desperate to get out of the uk and needs the money so Oman is what hes trying to get to .. he is having to wait on the green light visa etc.. he has been working abroad for nearly 15 years and he has been stuck here for nearly a year, he says the red tape is unbelievable at the minute. But go look at flightrader 24 and theres a constant 11,000 planes in the sky.. so people are travelling.

Oman is a very strict country at the best of times, can't imagine what it's like now. There are very, very few countries I wouldn't rather be right now (and since March 2020 to be honest) than the fucking UK, so I don't blame him at all.

I have an Irish mate who lives in Australia and chose to go home for a few weeks to visit family he hadn't seen in a long time......poor bastard is still there, things went to shit just after he arrived in Ireland and he's been struggling to get back into Australia every since. His job is long gone, luckily his profession is reasonably in demand in Oz so he's still playing the waiting game.

But BLM riots were encouraged

the left seriously thinks everyone is as dumb as their voters

I wasn't encouraging ANY riots. Protests yes, riots no.

This "liberal lefty" has always said, "If anyone is breaking they law, they should be arrested." Check the War Room threads.

Period.

Point Blank.

That goes for failed insurrections against the United States also.

Lol, a girl can dream.

th

:)

Most people who have had Covid-19 are protected from catching it again for at least five months, a study led by Public Health England shows.
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55651518

This article suggests that having the virus doesn't provide long term immunity but a second infection shouldn't be as dangerous. This is a change from the original assumption that having it would provide years of immunity.

WTFies?!?!

I smoked for 30 years so I'm not looking down my nose at current smokers, but if I still smoked I wouldn't expect preferential treatment. Unfuckingreal.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/13/new-jersey-opening-up-covid-19-vaccine-to-smokers/

It’s the first time that smoking has been good for your health.

New Jersey is now allowing smokers to get the highly coveted COVID-19 vaccine — on the grounds that their habit is considered a high-risk health condition, reports said Wednesday.

“Smoking puts you at significant risk for an adverse result from COVID-19 and there are 2 million smokers in New Jersey who fit into these categories,” New Jersey’s Department of Health Commissioner Judy Persichilli said, according to NJ.com.

Gov. Phil Murphy announced the head-scratching expanded eligibility guidelines Wednesday, saying that anyone over the age of 65, or those with specific medical conditions, can start signing up for the booster as soon as Thursday, the outlet reported.

The conditions include cancer, chronic kidney disease, Down syndrome, severe obesity, Type-2 diabetes and a host of other maladies, the outlet reported.

With the expanded guidelines, an estimated 4.47 million residents, or about half of the Garden State’s 9 million people, are now eligible to receive the vaccine, the outlet said — but it’s not like anyone will need to show proof.

“No documentation of the medical condition or your age will be required,” Persichilli said, per NJ.com.

So far, the Garden State has administered 264,681 doses of the vaccine, including 236,503 first dose shots and 28,045 second jabs.

WTFies?!?!

I smoked for 30 years so I'm not looking down my nose at current smokers, but if I still smoked I wouldn't expect preferential treatment. Unfuckingreal.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/13/new-jersey-opening-up-covid-19-vaccine-to-smokers/

It’s the first time that smoking has been good for your health.

New Jersey is now allowing smokers to get the highly coveted COVID-19 vaccine — on the grounds that their habit is considered a high-risk health condition, reports said Wednesday.

“Smoking puts you at significant risk for an adverse result from COVID-19 and there are 2 million smokers in New Jersey who fit into these categories,” New Jersey’s Department of Health Commissioner Judy Persichilli said, according to NJ.com.

Gov. Phil Murphy announced the head-scratching expanded eligibility guidelines Wednesday, saying that anyone over the age of 65, or those with specific medical conditions, can start signing up for the booster as soon as Thursday, the outlet reported.

The conditions include cancer, chronic kidney disease, Down syndrome, severe obesity, Type-2 diabetes and a host of other maladies, the outlet reported.

With the expanded guidelines, an estimated 4.47 million residents, or about half of the Garden State’s 9 million people, are now eligible to receive the vaccine, the outlet said — but it’s not like anyone will need to show proof.

“No documentation of the medical condition or your age will be required,” Persichilli said, per NJ.com.

So far, the Garden State has administered 264,681 doses of the vaccine, including 236,503 first dose shots and 28,045 second jabs.

Well, the whole point is to keep the healthcare system from being overburdened. It’s not a reward for smoking imo, it’s more like, we need to keep the hospitals clear and this might help.

Besides, they’re also being used as test rats for the fastest vaccine ever developed in human history, so here’s to them

rat-anatoly-russian-he-drinks-260nw-1498303466.jpg
lol

Most people who have had Covid-19 are protected from catching it again for at least five months, a study led by Public Health England shows.
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55651518

This article suggests that having the virus doesn't provide long term immunity but a second infection shouldn't be as dangerous. This is a change from the original assumption that having it would provide years of immunity.

I read elsewhere that only 2 of 44 suspected reinfections from 6,600 patients were confirmed -the rest still to be evaluated. [COVID reinfections are unusual — but could still help the virus to spread] The immunity to this virus has already shown to be a matter of degree and it is too early to rule out long term immunity in some people -note the case of a Sars patient who reportedly still had neutralising antibodies 17 years after infection.

Well, the whole point is to keep the healthcare system from being overburdened. It’s not a reward for smoking imo, it’s more like, we need to keep the hospitals clear and this might help.

Besides, they’re also being used as test rats for the fastest vaccine ever developed in human history, so here’s to them

rat-anatoly-russian-he-drinks-260nw-1498303466.jpg
lol
Really good point. Hadn't thought of it like that.

Razer mask

This sweet smart mask is in prototype right now. It amplifies your voice (hopefully that means voice manipulation possible) it's see through so lip reading is possible, you can choose any colour for the lights, it's n95 and it comes in a case that charges it and bathes it in UV light to sterilise the thing.

I'm on board!

Good, now I'll really be able to sell what I've been saying all this time:

YOU ARE PART OF THE REBEL ALLIANCE. AND A TRAITOR.

Razer mask

This sweet smart mask is in prototype right now. It amplifies your voice (hopefully that means voice manipulation possible) it's see through so lip reading is possible, you can choose any colour for the lights, it's n95 and it comes in a case that charges it and bathes it in UV light to sterilise the thing.

I'm on board!

I'm WELL up for see through, I'm fed up with smiling with my eyes at people. And it looks pretty.

Would have loved to have seen that.

Had 6" platforms, blue dredds with undercut to my waist, goggles, UV blue spikes out of left ear, eyebrow, nose and lip, a black furry (3"fur) floor length trenchcoat.

It was hilarious. People would scream when I came round corners and the crowds of London parted before me. Used to get stopped by Japanese tourists for photos. Was a lot of fun.

Had 6" platforms, blue dredds with undercut to my waist, goggles, UV blue spikes out of left ear, eyebrow, nose and lip, a black furry (3"fur) floor length trenchcoat.

It was hilarious. People would scream when I came round corners and the crowds of London parted before me. Used to get stopped by Japanese tourists for photos. Was a lot of fun.
Man! That sounds amazing. Were you part of the London club scene? I think you and I are similarly aged.
I would be doing my nut if I couldn't get to Peach at Camden Palace every Friday with it being Covid shut.

That is mind blowing.

I would have NEVER in a million years pegged you for that. Never.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back