Coronavirus Mega Thread vN95

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Kill men on the street", haha. What are the statistics for that again, against the statistics of civilian on civilian killings in the street? Asking for a friend, fella.
No need to stats - it's right there on video for morons like you to see (and not acknowledge). Again, show me where it you get - judge, jury and executioner - out of serve and protect. I'm not asking for anyone but me.

When a Bus Driver Told a Rider to Wear a Mask, 'He Knocked Me Out Cold'
NEW YORK — Anthony Reid barely remembers the blow that knocked him out.

A 62-year-old public bus driver in New York City, Reid was on his last run in East New York, Brooklyn, when passengers complained that a man in the back was not wearing a face covering. Reid pulled over and called out to the man, reminding him that masks were required on public transportation.

Then everything went dark.

He woke up in the back of an ambulance, his left eye swollen shut and the taste of warm blood in his mouth. The maskless passenger had attacked him from behind, the paramedics told him.

“It was a calm exchange with him, but then he just knocked me out cold,” said Reid, who is still recovering from his eye injury he suffered on that July night.

As cities emerge from lockdowns and people return to public spaces, the new cultural wars over wearing a mask — or refusing to — have sparked confrontations in retail stores, parks and restaurants.

FULL Story
https://news.yahoo.com/bus-driver-told-rider-wear-191735953.html

A 62-year-old public bus driver in New York City, Reid was on his last run in East New York, Brooklyn, when passengers complained that a man in the back was not wearing a face covering. Reid pulled over and called out to the man, reminding him that masks were required on public transportation.

He woke up in the back of an ambulance, his left eye swollen shut and the taste of warm blood in his mouth. The maskless passenger had attacked him from behind, the paramedics told him.

“It was a calm exchange with him, but then he just knocked me out cold,” said Reid, who is still recovering from his eye injury he suffered on that July night.

As cities emerge from lockdowns and people return to public spaces, the new cultural wars over wearing a mask — or refusing to — have sparked confrontations in retail stores, parks and restaurants.

FULL Story

2628572_0.jpg

Once .. During election year .. By left wing stooges ..

Yeah man ..

Honestly, no messing around, the thinking you've been exhibiting is earily similar to a friend that was losing touch with reality and suffering a schizophrenic episode. Paranoia, feelings of alien control(outside, not necessarily non earthly, technical term) etc.

Not saying you're in danger, just that it might be worth thinking about how you roll back a bit.

Honestly, no messing around, the thinking you've been exhibiting is earily similar to a friend that was losing touch with reality and suffering a schizophrenic episode. Paranoia, feelings of alien control(outside, not necessarily non earthly, technical term) etc.

Not saying you're in danger, just that it might be worth thinking about how you roll back a bit.
How would you know what he's been thinking other than the miniscule glimpse you get here? Thinly veiled ad hominem. It's what happens when we're shooting blanks.

This study just came out
Covid-19: Do many people have pre-existing immunity?
At least six studies have reported T cell reactivity against SARS-CoV-2 in 20% to 50% of people with no known exposure to the virus.5678910
[...]
Though these studies are small and do not yet provide precise estimates of pre-existing immunological responses to SARS-CoV-2, they are hard to dismiss, with several being published in Cell and Nature. Alessandro Sette, an immunologist from La Jolla Institute for Immunology in California and an author of several of the studies (box 1), told The BMJ, “At this point there are a number of studies that are seeing this reactivity in different continents, different labs. As a scientist you know that is a hallmark of something that has a very strong footing.
(I.e. strong evidence)

Presumably from cross-reactivity from exposure to other coronaviruses. The immune system basically has three arms: antibodies, B memory cells (which produce antibodies) and T killer cells which destroy virally infected cells. Having T cells immunity could cause people to either be asymptomic or have a mild course of the disease, possibly clearing the disease before even producing antibodies (this showing up as seronegative on tests). T cell immunity can last decades.

@icffedor @buffpants22 @Dober4
David Ortiz opens up on family's coronavirus battle: 'Man, this is no joke'
David Ortiz delivered surprising news while making a brief appearance on NESN’s broadcast of Friday’s Boston Red Sox-New York Yankees game: He recently tested positive for COVID-19.

Ortiz, 44, revealed he was asymptomatic and is now clear after a series of negative tests. However, his brother has had a tougher time overcoming the virus after losing 25 pounds and spending a week in the hospital.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/red-so...-testing-positive-for-covid-19-033308515.html

This study just came out
Covid-19: Do many people have pre-existing immunity?
At least six studies have reported T cell reactivity against SARS-CoV-2 in 20% to 50% of people with no known exposure to the virus.5678910
[...]
Though these studies are small and do not yet provide precise estimates of pre-existing immunological responses to SARS-CoV-2, they are hard to dismiss, with several being published in Cell and Nature. Alessandro Sette, an immunologist from La Jolla Institute for Immunology in California and an author of several of the studies (box 1), told The BMJ, “At this point there are a number of studies that are seeing this reactivity in different continents, different labs. As a scientist you know that is a hallmark of something that has a very strong footing.
(I.e. strong evidence)

Presumably from cross-reactivity from exposure to other coronaviruses. The immune system basically has three arms: antibodies, B memory cells (which produce antibodies) and T killer cells which destroy virally infected cells. Having T cells immunity could cause people to either be asymptomic or have a mild course of the disease, possibly clearing the disease before even producing antibodies (this showing up as seronegative on tests). T cell immunity can last decades.
I posted about this in the closed thread, they believe the people who have mild or asymptomatic are protected by memory T cells after coming into contact with the common cold coronavirus strain. if this is true this means they could have immunity for life which means mild to no symptoms.

I hope its true, that would be groundbreaking if true and it could explain why so many have mild symptoms to none.

@icffedor @buffpants22 @Dober4
David Ortiz opens up on family's coronavirus battle: 'Man, this is no joke'
David Ortiz delivered surprising news while making a brief appearance on NESN’s broadcast of Friday’s Boston Red Sox-New York Yankees game: He recently tested positive for COVID-19.

Ortiz, 44, revealed he was asymptomatic and is now clear after a series of negative tests. However, his brother has had a tougher time overcoming the virus after losing 25 pounds and spending a week in the hospital.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/red-so...-testing-positive-for-covid-19-033308515.html

My friend who wound me up saying he might only have a few days left to live is the biggest Big Papi fan, it was him why on the rare occasion I watch baseball I'm a Red Sox fan. He would actually go gay for him he loves him so much.
Fuck being in hospital for a week, not much fun at all.

You should go traveling in Muslim north Africa, south Tunisia, East morroco. It's just men with beards and ninjas. Crazy.
I feel bad for women in hijabs at the moment having to wear a mask as well as that.

Well that will go for a lot of people I know and are thinking the same ways..(all diifernent ages 15-80) maybe it's you thats losing the plot?

Aliens..!!! haha .. there here...

giphy.gif

FULL Story
Feel bad for public transit workers. They already deal with the lowest common denominator on a daily basis.

Yeah Sweden's approach wouldn't work for most countries, but the way they have been demonised by jealous, bitter media in fellow countries has been an absolute disgrace. They won. They wanted a short pandemic and then normality. They fucked up with the care home situation - which country didn't? But the pandemic is more or less over in Sweden, while the rest of us contemplate going back into lockdown again and shitting our pants at every turn. Sweden won. Good on them, and even better on them for refusing to cower to the pressure of other nations trying to shame them in the media into following the global narrative.
Yeah the demonizing was hyperbolic, but it's too early to say for sure. Let's see what happens in fall/winter. So far Sweden is holding up really well as far as cases are concerned, but they are not testing at the same capacity as its neighbors. Deaths are very low, but that's similar to the rest of Scandinavia right now. Sweden still has more than 5x the death per capita compared to Denmark, x9 compared to Finland and x10 compared to Norway. With little economic benefit. Hopefully they wont go into a second wave, or a very mild one at least.

Yeah the demonizing was hyperbolic, but it's too early to say for sure. Let's see what happens in fall/winter. So far Sweden is holding up really well as far as cases are concerned, but they are not testing at the same capacity as its neighbors. Deaths are very low, but that's similar to the rest of Scandinavia right now. Sweden still has more than 5x the death per capita compared to Denmark, x9 compared to Finland and x10 compared to Norway. With little economic benefit. Hopefully they wont go into a second wave, or a very mild one at least.

Ivor Cummings https://denversdietdoctor.com/about-ivor-cummins-bechem-ceng-miei/

Has been watching for the last 6 months and has broken down the numbers.
He does a good job of explaining the difference Sweden has had between the other nordics, no BS, no conspiracy, all objective info based on stats and his knowledge of being a bio chemical engineer for 25 years.

I feel bad for women in hijabs at the moment having to wear a mask as well as that.

Yeah, I hear you, but I think a hijab is probably cooler than not and it does mean one only has to think of eye makeup when getting ready!

Also they prevent shitty men being shitty. Not the best solution but incredibly effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back