News CoronaVIRUS MEGA THREAD DEATH TOLL: 452,271

Are you scared of getting the Coronavirus?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
never trust Chinese data. I'm curious of why other big cities like Beijing or Shang Hai are not infected anywhere near Wuhan.

I'm not big on China bashing but their statistics don't make any sense.

Patient zero was a worker in the Wuhan market and is believed to have acquired COVID-19 in late November. In January there was still very little data of this new strain of SARS, so patient zero and those derivative infected had weeks of no isolation opportunity to infect others.

Hard to believe they've kept it to 80,000.

I just read that 47% of people who are intubated end up passing. This changes daily, I'm sure. Im really trying to read less.

Where did you read it? I've been trying to find that and I can't.

It looks like an article was edited or removed.

In any case, that's 47% of those who have to be intubated, which is 3.2% of cases. That isn't counting the number of people who catch this and aren't in the statistics. Also, you have to assume that anyone that was hospitalized with Covid and dies was intubated along the way.

So, and this is a really rough and uneducated guess, that suggests a fatality rate far below 1%.

We're probably never going to have actual numbers. It's the wild west out there and it's so overwhelming they can't capture enough of the right data. Maybe one day when they develop a test to detect antibodies that prove the historical presence of the disease, they can do a study and come up with concrete data based on survivors.

In any case, that's 47% of those who have to be intubated, which is 3.2% of cases. That isn't counting the number of people who catch this and aren't in the statistics. Also, you have to assume that anyone that was hospitalized with Covid and dies was intubated along the way.

So, and this is a really rough and uneducated guess, that suggests a fatality rate far below 1%.

We're probably never going to have actual numbers. It's the wild west out there and it's so overwhelming they can't capture enough of the right data. Maybe one day when they develop a test to detect antibodies that prove the historical presence of the disease, they can do a study and come up with concrete data based on survivors.

The mortality rate is whatever is... what's alarming is the number dying per day in hard hit countries. It was 760 today in the US today and it is yet to really start here.

Truthfully, I recall seeing it in one of the numerous reports I was reading over the last two weeks when I promised myself that I needed to digest as much information as possible before it became too much.

Im far from certain we know what the numbers are going to be anytime soon. You're more than likely right about those numbers but still, there's so many moving parts and innumerable strains of information that its almost difficult to form any rational thought outside of being prepared and apprehensive.

A good example would be today with my brother dropping off a gift to me. He didn't knock. He just text me it was on the porch. I took it inside, I sprayed it down with sanitizer, then wiped it clean. Grabbed rubbing alcohol, took it out of the package and then wiped the actual item down. Then washed my hands.

I need a fucking beer, lol.

The mortality rate is whatever is... what's alarming is the number dying per day in hard hit countries. It was 760 today in the US today and it is yet to really start here.

In theory it hasn't really started here yet, but we're past 2,000 cases in Montreal.

There are people that lived thru the Holodomor and the Holocaust and we have a society of fuckwits that cant stay in their fully furnished house thats full of food for more than 2 days.

This lockdown shit isnt going anywhere

Truthfully, I recall seeing it in one of the numerous reports I was reading over the last two weeks when I promised myself that I needed to digest as much information as possible before it became too much.

Im far from certain we know what the numbers are going to be anytime soon. You're more than likely right about those numbers but still, there's so many moving parts and innumerable strains of information that its almost difficult to form any rational thought outside of being prepared and apprehensive.

A good example would be today with my brother dropping off a gift to me. He didn't knock. He just text me it was on the porch. I took it inside, I sprayed it down with sanitizer, then wiped it clean. Grabbed rubbing alcohol, took it out of the package and then wiped the actual item down. Then washed my hands.

I need a fucking beer, lol.

I haven't been much of a drinker these days, but most of my friends are, and I used to have them over all the time.

There is a single beer in my fridge from the last time. Every time I see it I wonder when someone can come over and drink it.

From what I read the surgical type masks are designed to stop medical personnel from infecting a patient while they’re being operated on, and nothing else, ergo won’t stop you catching anything if you’re wearing it.

The industrial type dust masks are better, provided they have a fairly tight seal, but still don’t guarantee anything.

Well yeah, that's the point.

Masks aren't so you don't catch it, rather so you don't spread it.

I haven't been much of a drinker these days, but most of my friends are, and I used to have them over all the time.

There is a single beer in my fridge from the last time. Every time I see it I wonder when someone can come over and drink it.

I've cut back on beer intake significantly.
Sorry. I don't like it. Lol.

I've cut back on beer intake significantly.

Nothing fancy, but I keep this for friends.

Bar.JPG

Post Office checking in! Confirmed case in my department now, but on a different shift. More people starting to wear face mask now. I would too, but I don't have one.

Still, I think Canada isn't gonna have to many more corona's.

Post Office checking in! Confirmed case in my department now, but on a different shift. More people starting to wear face mask now. I would too, but I don't have one.

Still, I think Canada isn't gonna have to many more corona's.

So someone in the post office has it and probably has literally given it to 100's of people handling mail if not more and your conclusion is more Canadians won't get it?

Germany is doing pretty good.

They already have more recovered cases than Italy, Iran and France with only 775 deaths. their ratio is similar to S. Korea with lots more cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back