International Coronavirus Breaking News, v13: Over 21,000 Healthcare Workers From Around The U.S Heading To N.Y

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Arkain2K, Mar 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rational Poster

Rational Poster War Room Messiah

Just pick your nose idiot.

<TheDonald>

Fugazy and Clippy like this.
  2. AznTrojan

AznTrojan Silver Belt

https://stanfordmedicine.box.com/v/covid19-PPE-1-1

3. Andy Capp

Andy Capp 2GM/c^2 belt Platinum Member

He's more interested in looking pretty for the cameras, I think, but I hope it does actually turn out they take swift action now. I suspect they might still drag their feet out of fear of people finding out how botched the government response has been thus far. With nothing coming from the national government, the governor of Tokyo came out and requested that people not go out on the weekend.

Jfrizzle likes this.
  4. M3t4tr0n

M3t4tr0n Sheriff of Sherfront

What will it be like in 3 weeks?

5. trac209

trac209 Red Belt

Well said, I must say I never really noticed you as a poster here much before this tragic event but you are definitely someone I find myself aligned with. I wish you and your family the best health and economic recovery.

agoraphobic3.1 and Jfrizzle like this.
  6. sangreporsangre

sangreporsangre Gold Belt

I doubt that very many tickets will actually be written, I would like to imagine that for most people it would just be a matter of "hey guys you shouldn't be out here" type thing. But who knows, there are a lot of fuckin idiots out there.

We went for a drive around Toronto yesterday, my wife hasn't been out except to walk around the nieghbourhood so she wanted to see what it's like out there. We didn't really see too many "covidiots" out there, the most egregious thing we saw was probably kids playing basketball. It's crazy driving down Yonge st and seeing almost all of the businesses closed. But there are enough people walking on the streets (and plenty of cars) to keep it from looking totally surreal or dystopian. Take a closer look at the people walking however and you'll notice that it's either people by themselves or couples, maybe a family with kids. You don't see groups of friends walking around together. So many people wearing masks, in fact it's almost impossible to see an Asian on the street without one, and every one else is starting to catch up. Today is supposed to be a nice day though and I have a feeling that some people will try to push their luck. We're planning on going for a nice long walk today but we'll stay away from parks.

Jfrizzle and agoraphobic3.1 like this.
  7. Billy no mates

Billy no mates The Pub bore .

If he dies Big Liz can finally let go .

8. Revolver

Revolver you sound poor Staff Member Senior Moderator

9. irish_thug

irish_thug Meme Mod Staff Member Senior Moderator

The only tickets I foresee being written are against businesses violating closure orders. For the public it will be education first.

10. Jfrizzle

Jfrizzle Purple Belt

Thank you my friend. I really didn't post much for the last several years. I quietly read from the sidelines and didn't bother interjecting because I didn't believe I had anything to offer. Mainly because I really dislike partisan nonsense.

With this event, I felt that I could at least be somewhat productive in trying to get people to look at it and take it seriously.

I wish you and your family all the best as well.

11. trac209

trac209 Red Belt

Just like a lot of the scientific entity’s .

senri and Jfrizzle like this.
  12. Jfrizzle

Jfrizzle Purple Belt

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/worl...-as-lockdowns-extend-around-globe/ar-BB11GKo3

I hate when China is used as a metric because they are full of shit. A grim number regardless. Praying for Spain.

Ayin, evergreenrider, senri and 5 others like this.
  13. Hadron90

Hadron90 Blue Belt

I don't get it. Are they implying we should give blank checks to every scientist doing anything related to Coronavirus? That's silly. If you think you can make a contribution, write it up and submit it. That's not a waste of time at all. The grant process is one of the only bits of oversight there is in academic research. These professors aren't project managers or businessmen. They often times have meandering interests, half-baked ideas, and grossly misuse funds. Someone has to force them to come up with coherent projects and stick to budget.

Fugazy and Jfrizzle like this.
  14. MusterX

MusterX Titanium Belt

I texted my girlfriend as well, but my wife got pissed.

15. tonysmasseuse

tonysmasseuse Black Belt

Denmark

1724 positive
    34 dead

Bit of a bombshell today: Our legal system is notoriously lenient to say the least, but today Danish government has proposed harder sentences for any 'corona-related crime' - a double up of punishment to be exact. It is expected to pass, and come into effect from Tuesday next week!

Not quite Punjabi Justice, but a big step in the right direction, imo.

16. agoraphobic3.1

agoraphobic3.1 Blue Belt

I've learned more about what things are like in other countries on these threads than from any official journalism. Thanks, everybody.

*And, as an American, my geography has definitely improved

17. Wadtucket

Wadtucket Semi-professional hair historian Platinum Member

Those videos are hilarious, keep em up

I don't give a frick about Indian civil liberties, I don't even know if they have them

USA (best country) has a constitution though, and if they did that here I'd be triggered and probably be interested in defending my God given liberties using 2nd amendment

18. Orgasmo

Orgasmo Silver Belt

The problem is countries aren't testing properly in the West. We're not even bothering to test people unless they need to be hospitalized due to shortage of test kits. While China's published numbers are likely underestimates, they sadly might be the most accurate out of all because of their aggressive testing and widespread checks.

19. MusterX

MusterX Titanium Belt

What's your cut off number of elderly you are willing to sacrifice in the name of money? Is it a million? 10 million? At what point are you willing to quarantine?

20. MusterX

MusterX Titanium Belt

Holy shit, last to post on Wednesday, first to post when it comes back up!

xxxfrankb, Sano, Arkain2K and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.