Cornier vs. Henderson 10-8 rounds

GiTailor

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Although the fight ended by submission did anyone score Cornier by winning all the rounds 10-8?

Last edited:
No not dominant enough for 10-8, not enough strikes/damage I guess you could say. GSP doesn't get 10-8 rounds for that

They should be 10-8's... but I doubt the judges scored them as such.

round 2 should have been, 65 strikes landed vs 2, takedown, most of the round on top, submission attempt, multiple passes..

hendo didnt do any damage or land anything that i can recall, so i suppose

i wish the judges would loosen up and judge more rounds 10-8, 10-7 even 10-10. if fighter A beats the tar out of fighter B he should get better than if squeezes out a close round

ATLEAST round 2 was a 10-8 by the unified rules, but you know these retarded judges don't give out 10-8s unless someone is half dead Lol

No not dominant enough for 10-8, not enough strikes/damage I guess you could say. GSP doesn't get 10-8 rounds for that

Scoring a round 10-8 has a lot to do with offensive output by the losing fighter, as well.
Round 2 seemed like a great candidate for a 10-8.

If stephan bonnar could score 10-8's against kingsbury almost strictly with stifling control and rapid positional progression, you'd have to say the same with cormier.

Yeah I think they should have been because they were just so one-sided.

Unfortunately those are 10-9 rounds according to how judges have historically scored fights, but they absolutely should be 10-8s.

It's ridiculous that you can slam a guy, control him 100% of the time, land 99% of the strikes and literally have no offense mounted against you and it is scored exactly the same as a back and forth round where one guy debatably out strikes the other guy by a handful of strikes.

Back