cormiers weight question

you find literally one example out of thousands, grats?

http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/article_on_alexander_karelin

also almost every critique considers him to have been on steroids that couldnt have even been tested for during that time period

WEIGHTLIFTING2-popup.jpg

just being real talk. walking around at low body fat = not actually being in shape, in most cases it makes you weaker. jon is low body fat % because he fights at such a low weight for his height and build. its polarizing when you compare him to his brothers of similar builds.

It doesn't make you weaker. It's just that people with higher body fat percentages are often that way because their body has been in a fed state (vs a fasting state) which means they have plenty of available energy and have no trouble building muscle mass. You can be lean to a greater extent and remain well fed but it's harder to do.

It's his frame more than anything

Barrel chested, stocky people rarely look athletic even if they eat healthy and train hard

even at 185 in his youth DC wasnt particularly lean

then again come to think of it very few olympic athletes of any particular sport look ripped

Not really. Many Olympians look ripped (but yeah I agree to a point, certain events and weight class you wouldn't). But many events you get lots of athletes that are ripped or in phenomenal shape in the Olympics.

"generally" ..

Swimmers-- ripped
Gymnasts --super ripped
track runners --ripped to super ripped (100 meter dash)
basketball (soccer/football, volleyball, etc) -- pretty ripped overall
badminton --not BIG, but very lean and ripped (men's division)
Divers -- RIPPED
Wrestling --(lower weight classes and some mid weight classes) ripped
boxing --(lower to mid weight classes) ripped
Cycling --pretty ripped
water polo --ripped
rowing -- ripped
etc.

then again come to think of it very few olympic athletes of any particular sport look ripped

If by very few, you mean most, then ok.

Pretty much all Olympic sprinters, wrestlers, boxers, basketball players, gymnasts, cycling, swimmers, water polo are ripped.

Edit: the post above beat me to it.

Why does he seem to carry such a high body fat % relative to other fighters? Is it a wrestling thing? Just wonderin...seems like he could cut to mw if he wanted....seems crazy that he did so well at hw...

One of the main reason is because he is relatively short for the weight class. The dude is about a solid 5'10 (talking barefoot actual height, not "ufc height"). Unless one got tree trunks for legs, he will be carrying most of the weight on his upper body...and 200+lbs on a 5'10 dude (even as stocky as he is) he just would seem to be carry some fat relative to other fighters.

Im a bit taller than DC but im way less than 200lbs, and my frame is definitely smaller than DC. So for me, even if I just get above 175-180, I start to look like im carrying relatively high body fat (in medical sense). Its mostly in the height/frame.

Last edited:
Fedor destroyed alot of peeps.... Also look at cain, talent and dedication isn't just weighed in on ' the jakked look'

Rulon Gardner who beat Karelin at Sydney 2000 final was not very ripped:

rulon-gardner.83324.jpg

Back