cormiers weight question

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Why does he seem to carry such a high body fat % relative to other fighters? Is it a wrestling thing? Just wonderin...seems like he could cut to mw if he wanted....seems crazy that he did so well at hw...

Why does he seem to carry such a high body fat % relative to other fighters? Is it a wrestling thing? Just wonderin...seems like he could cut to mw if he wanted....seems crazy that he did so well at hw...

He went into depression or something like that and balooned to 260+ after placing 4th in the olympics. Not his exact words but he said something like that in this video.

[YT]du3SJkDXcw4[/YT]

He's had weight cutting issues in his wrestling past.

It's his frame more than anything

Barrel chested, stocky people rarely look athletic even if they eat healthy and train hard

even at 185 in his youth DC wasnt particularly lean

then again come to think of it very few olympic athletes of any particular sport look ripped

Muscle isnt everything. Fighters time and time again prove this.

He went into depression or something like that and balooned to 260+ after placing 4th in the olympics. Not his exact words but he said something like that in this video.

[YT]du3SJkDXcw4[/YT]

starting @2:42

Probably has something to do with his diet.

BhL25jmCMAAu4O9.jpg

b0XcTUHEXSc.jpg

i would like to say genetic plays a huge part here

DC is just naturally a bulky guy but that doesn't mean he is out of shape or anything

you find literally one example out of thousands, grats?

http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/article_on_alexander_karelin

also almost every critique considers him to have been on steroids that couldnt have even been tested for during that time period

WEIGHTLIFTING2-popup.jpg

just being real talk. walking around at low body fat = not actually being in shape, in most cases it makes you weaker. jon is low body fat % because he fights at such a low weight for his height and build. its polarizing when you compare him to his brothers of similar builds.

It's his frame more than anything

Barrel chested, stocky people rarely look athletic even if they eat healthy and train hard

even at 185 in his youth DC wasnt particularly lean

then again come to think of it very few olympic athletes of any particular sport look ripped

Im barrel chested and thick cored and It doesnt matter how hard I train, or what I eat,, I always carry extra weight.

example I boxed at 81 kg and got down from 106kg, I was lean (looked like junkie) yet I still carried weight on my midsection. I was also wek as fuck and got man handled

Maybe 4% of ufc fighters have some chubb around the middle.

That proves to me it can be near purely genetic but its not often.

[YT]du3SJkDXcw4[/YT]

Actually, he placed 4th in 2004. In 2008, he was ranked 2nd in the world, was team captain and made weight but then his body started failing because of his kidneys and he couldn't compete. Then he ballooned up.

Back