Cormier's strength feats at HW do not translate to LHW

Op do you even lift? There is no reason you cant get gains while cutting.

Do you even lift bro ?
This is one of the dumbest comments on the strength topic
Unless you are a complete overweight noob or a juicer you can't gain signifcant strength gains on calorie restriction.

the "cormier threw around 265lb bigfoot, so he'll throw jon jones atleast 10 yards" argument is fucking retarded. you people do realize that dc is fighting human beings and not barbells? it is not as simple as dc bench pressed 265lbs easily so he'll fucking smash 205 on the bench press. by most shertards logic, dc would have thrown 184 cael sanderson ATLEAST 13-14 yards? right? jon is a much better wrestler than dc has faced inside the octagon, should dc get his hands on him, i promise the world isn't going to explode and jon isn't going to go flying 130 yards.

When he steps in the cage at LHW he's about 230lbs from what I see.

Yeah you're wrong here.....on the countdown show DC himself said that he's walking around at 218 fully hydrated....and cuts from there

Jones wrestling is getting overlooked hes gonna be a big test/his frame is gonna make a lot of td's awkward for a much shorter guy/ I'm sure DC is able to take him down .......
Not sure he can get close enough to tho......
Not sure he can hold him down either......

** dc obviously has a wrestling advantage......but every1 using that one time he took barnett down as some sort of example.........does realize barnett isn't a wrestler right? And is known for his sub skill not for being some td machine right? .....and. Dc didn't actually show any amazing matwork in that fight right?

Said it before
Dc wins its gonna look exactly like his fight vs mir

He doesnt need to throw Jones...only needs to take him down.

You are absolutely delusional to fighting. Cormier would still slam Barnett on his head at 205 pounds. The guy has hardly cut anything but fat, any moron can look at him now and then and point that out very easily.

what he cuts is water weight and he's on a lean diet. This does not mean his strength is gone. This just means he's stronger than everyone else at his weight.

Christ's sake man.

oh and by the way GUS TOOK JON JONES DOWN.

Why shouldn't the olympic wrestler in Cormier put him on his ass? When they fight I'm ptuting so much money up on Dan it's not even funny. I'll win like I won twice vs Anderson

the "cormier threw around 265lb bigfoot, so he'll throw jon jones atleast 10 yards" argument is fucking retarded. you people do realize that dc is fighting human beings and not barbells? it is not as simple as dc bench pressed 265lbs easily so he'll fucking smash 205 on the bench press. by most shertards logic, dc would have thrown 184 cael sanderson ATLEAST 13-14 yards? right? jon is a much better wrestler than dc has faced inside the octagon, should dc get his hands on him, i promise the world isn't going to explode and jon isn't going to go flying 130 yards.

Jones may not fly 130 yards but he will still get taken down! :)

Jones may not fly 130 yards but he will still get taken down! :)

i do agree, i believe DC to be the better wrestler. i was just pointing out how flawed the logic is in "dc throw 265lbs=dc throw 205lbs easy"

DC wrestled around the weight he is competing at now. He has spent a long ass time weighing what he does now and throwing guys around the same weight around.

It's not like he is actually going down in weight... He went up in weight to compete at HW now he's back close to his normal weight class that he's competed at his whole life.

Jones will be difficult for DC yes but not because of wrestling ability because Jones has a lot of other tools and he will use them to keep his distance from DC. Jones is a master of using his reach and he will eyepoke the fuck out of DC to keep him away from him.

Guarantee though during this fight jones will get taken down. It just depends what happens from there. I dont think DC will be able to finish the fight. So it just depends if he can get enough time in top position to secure enough rounds to win.

How much muscle do you think he lost?

Is it even sure he lost muscle at all and not just fat and water?

really op? cormier is probably down all around 10-15 lbs in walking around weight.

he walks probably 220 now vs 230-235 before.

and jon jones is not an accomplished NCAA wrestler.

he ragdolled big foot, ragdolled dan henderson, barnett he will toss jon jones

we'll talk about that again when he ragdolls jones, oh wait, i meant gus

I noticed he lost tons of strength and even explosivness despite of the weight loss..
He still has lovehandles too..

He was certainly way stronger around 245-250 pounds, even Cain acknoledged the fact that DC doesn't pose the same kind of problems to him when they are sparring since he lost much strenght with his weightcut..

Yeah you're wrong here.....on the countdown show DC himself said that he's walking around at 218 fully hydrated....and cuts from there

Jones wrestling is getting overlooked hes gonna be a big test/his frame is gonna make a lot of td's awkward for a much shorter guy/ I'm sure DC is able to take him down .......
Not sure he can get close enough to tho......
Not sure he can hold him down either......

** dc obviously has a wrestling advantage......but every1 using that one time he took barnett down as some sort of example.........does realize barnett isn't a wrestler right? And is known for his sub skill not for being some td machine right? .....and. Dc didn't actually show any amazing matwork in that fight right?

Said it before
Dc wins its gonna look exactly like his fight vs mir

Finally some people with sense. It's too bad the rest of Sherdog has a combined IQ of negativity. You gentlemen together with me represent the 1%. That's why I post here, to seek out the few sane ones for some good discussions.

He's most def a better wrestler than not just Jones but just about everyone in MMA.

I see this argument being used atleast once in every Cormier thread and it shows how foolish and silly most posters are.

At this current weight Cormier is not as strong as he was at HW. The dumbest possible thing a human being could say is that "Well uhm, he threw 265lb Barnett, how can he not throw around 205lb Jones? Hmmmm?". This is not the same guy that overpowered big heavyweights. He did not just cut fat to get to 205, he lost some muscle too. DC also has to follow a strict diet due to past issues with this weight, so he is most likely weakened by that as well.

He's still strong enough to man handle a much smaller 43 year old man, sure. But not against a primed, wide, 6'4 accomplished NCAA wrestler in Jones. A guy who is much, much better at defending takedowns, scrambling, getting back to his feet etc. than anybody else Cormier has faced so far.

Use your brains and learn about weight classes. Don't be so childish.

You would be onto something here.... IF Jones had ever wrestled for the NCAA.

Yeah it is the same guy LOL

He's losing Fat to make 205

He's still a fucking tree trunk

He's a wrestler with insane core strength, that goes no where.

cormier still is quite fast, extremely strong, and in my opinion has better wrestling and clinchwork that jones

I wholeheartedly agree with all this. I'll also say that I think he has better hands (though not better overall striking) than Jones. I still favor Jones, though. I think he's gonna frustrate DC with his unorthodox striking and weird angles. I also believe he's going to employ a rather evasive and somewhat boring gameplan, but he'll take the UD.

Jesus confetti-stuffed Christ, 12 pages of this shite without a single person making the Seinfeld reference? If you want something done freaking right...

blog-festivus-1.jpg

Festivus_-_Andrew_begins_the_feats_of_strength.jpg

festivus_wallpaper_3_1920.png

Back