Cormier's strength feats at HW do not translate to LHW

He probably loses a bit of cardio if he does big water weight cuts to 205.

As for strength, it depends how much lean muscle mass he cut making the move to lhw.

Hendo is strong but he has been ragdolled by Jake Shields before too.

Op do you even lift? There is no reason you cant get gains while cutting.

Not to be rude but you sound like a dumb guy.

Even with massive amounts of steroids it is not possible to cut only fat and water. Muscle and strength loss is unavoidable even for pro bodybuilders. Just think of what it would do to a natural athlete like Cormier. unless you think Cormier is using gear to keep his strength? Oh my God, is that what you're trying to bait us into?

What exactly are you implying?

Cormier has great technique, but the thing people seem to forget is most 205lbers cut from around 220-230 anyway so the guys he's going out there and fighting at 205 aren't much lighter than the guys he was fighting at heavyweight. Add that to the weight cut being difficult for him and yeah, I could see how he might appear less strong relative to his opponents at 205 than at heavyweight.

We shall see. :icon_chee Every wrestler should know it's all about base.

Last edited:
Do you also train UFC, tough guy?

I will say right now, Jones will score more takedowns with those sneaky trips than Cormier will with his power double or single. Their clinch games cancel eachother out.

And I say Cormier will pick Jones apart from the outside with leg kicks and jabs..:rolleyes:

Cormier is the worst example to use to show strength loss when dropping a weight class for, two reasons...

1. Technique. Cormier isnt a skilless brute.... for obvious reasons.

2. His body type. This isnt a case of a tall, lean, big framed fighter who will lose his muscle mass. Cormier is the same stocky, powerful guy he was, just with 15lbs less fat and against smaller opponents.

Do you also train UFC, tough guy?

I will say right now, Jones will score more takedowns with those sneaky trips than Cormier will with his power double or single. Their clinch games cancel eachother out.

I have no idea why people keep saying Cormier power doubles. He doesn't. He trips, lateral drops, throws, singles from clinch. He's not Chael sonnen.

He's still fat, so why would he have shed muscle to get down to 205?

Anyway, Jones is 3x the wrestler that anyone Cormier has faced before.

I like jones but he's not 3x the wrestler Olympians are

DC is the physically strongest and best wrestling 205 pounder. And physically he looks pretty much identical to how he looked at HW come fight night. He was an undersized HW all along. I don't think he has lost much, if any strength by dropping to LHW. As others have said, he looks to be about 225-230 in the cage on fight night

I noticed he lost tons of strength and even explosivness despite of the weight loss..
He still has lovehandles too..

He was certainly way stronger around 245-250 pounds, even Cain acknoledged the fact that DC doesn't pose the same kind of problems to him when they are sparring since he lost much strenght with his weightcut..

He isn't that much smaller, he may have lost a bit of strength, but so what, he still has more than enough, coupled with muscle memory.

DC is the physically strongest and best wrestling 205 pounder. And physically he looks pretty much identical to how he looked at HW come fight night. He was an undersized HW all along. I don't think he has lost much, if any strength by dropping to LHW. As others have said, he looks to be about 225-230 in the cage on fight night

Cain acknowledged it ( his strength loss ) in an interview weeks ago

cormier still is quite fast, extremely strong, and in my opinion has better wrestling and clinchwork that jones

What he said.

Yes, he might lose a bit of strength, but he will be quicker when he shoots for a TD and he can still get it against anyone at 205.

His strength wouldn't diminish THAT much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back