Cormier Would Beat Jones At Heavyweight

How do we know this?? Jones has never fought at HW

That should tell you all you need to know. Why would a man settle for being the light-heavyweight champion if he could have a chance of becoming the Heavyweight Champion? The Heavyweight Title Belt is the only belt that means you are the best. The other belts indicate that the holder of the belt is the best only for his size but he is protected from having to fight anyone who weighs more. The UFC Heavyweight Championship Belt means you aren't just the best for your size; it means you can beat anyone in the UFC. The Heavyweight Title Belt signifies that you are simply the best.

Jones wins all 5 rounds against (or finishes) Cormier at natural weight.

quite possible IMO. Cormier did tag jones quite a few times in that fight, same punches at HW would have hurt HW's badly.

At LHW, he has very little power, not enough to hurt jones. I was never convinced that cormier at LHW would work btw. The guy is small as is, and doesnt have KO power to start with, going to LHW, he'd have to rely heavily on his wrestling, which doesnt work well with jones.

He had a full training camp.

dc_zps2f4ca374.gif

Damn right! I was full all the time some Popeye's open 24hrs now...

That should tell you all you need to know. Why would a man settle for being the light-heavyweight champion if he could have a chance of becoming the Heavyweight Champion? The Heavyweight Title Belt is the only belt that means you are the best. The other belts indicate that the holder of the belt is the best only for his size but he is protected from having to fight anyone who weighs more. The UFC Heavyweight Championship Belt means you aren't just the best for your size; it means you can beat anyone in the UFC. The Heavyweight Title Belt signifies that you are simply the best.

HW > LHW, there's simply no question. JJ is an opportunist first though. It makes more sense for him to make easy work of his LHW opponents, then to face bigger more dangerous threats. There are more taller naturally bigger men at HW, and he'd lose that advantage. In the gus fight, he barely escaped with a narrow win.

milking LHW does make more business sense, and it's the right thing to do from a monetary POV. His pay is just as good as the HW champ, or even better, so why bother? Once big money presents itself, then he can go HW and challenge Cain, but on it's own, why bother?

IMO, he SHOULD fight CAIN next, the timing is perfect. Only issue is that a horrendous beating could hurt his career, but a nice payday makes up for it. UFC really should setup a multi million dollar superfight.

Well, it's def possible, as I don't think DC would gas as quick. I am still not sold though. I had really, really thought that DC would have much more success then he did, even though he did do well in the first few rounds, I still think the pace may be a little too much for him to handle once again.

I would love to see DC come back stronger and get a rmatch down the road, but no way in hell would I think he could do it 100%. I would root for DC of course, but you also have to be realistic. DC wasn't hurt in the fight, but he also didn't have much success once JBJ tied him up and drained him in the later rounds.

HW > LHW, there's simply no question. JJ is an opportunist first though. It makes more sense for him to make easy work of his LHW opponents, then to face bigger more dangerous threats. There are more taller naturally bigger men at HW, and he'd lose that advantage. In the gus fight, he barely escaped with a narrow win.

milking LHW does make more business sense, and it's the right thing to do from a monetary POV. His pay is just as good as the HW champ, or even better, so why bother? Once big money presents itself, then he can go HW and challenge Cain, but on it's own, why bother?

IMO, he SHOULD fight CAIN next, the timing is perfect. Only issue is that a horrendous beating could hurt his career, but a nice payday makes up for it. UFC really should setup a multi million dollar superfight.

One reason to go to HW is the prestige of the HW Belt. I'm not even a boxing fan but I can name quite a few very famous heavyweight boxing champions such as Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Liston, Holyfield, Tyson, etc. The only famous light heavyweight boxing champion I can think of is Roy Jones Jr.

Nobody in the UFC or any or fight organization can beat Jones. Deal with it.

completely disagree. Jones vs Cormier, just proved how the LHW division is much more skilled than the HW division. Jones at HW will more muscle mass but weight he would be even more of a problem for Cormier.

Nobody in the UFC or any or fight organization can beat Jones. Deal with it.

I think Cain can, as well as JDS. Overeem would be a good fight as well. I def think there are people that can beat him, but will they beat him is not set in stone. There are people that think Gus actually did beat him, and very much look forward to a rematch. I realize JBJ did come away with the win on that one, but we should not act like nobody has a chance, when Gus almost already did beat him, so that there already shows someone does indeed have a chance to beat him.

I think Cain can, as well as JDS. Overeem would be a good fight as well. I def think there are people that can beat him, but will they beat him is not set in stone. There are people that think Gus actually did beat him, and very much look forward to a rematch. I realize JBJ did come away with the win on that one, but we should not act like nobody has a chance, when Gus almost already did beat him, so that there already shows someone does indeed have a chance to beat him.

Vitor almost beat him too. If he had that armbar applied correctly it would have been the end of the fight and it almost was the end of the fight as it was.

Barnett has more wrestling skill than Jones? On what planet? Barnett is a catch wrestler, has a better sub game, but his "wrestling skill" is levels below Jones.

Also TS, do you have any evidence that Jones optimum weight is what he's fighting at now? You know for sure he isn't everything he is now but stronger and with more power at say, 235-240 lbs.? I don't know what he'd be like at that weight, and I have news for you: NEITHER DO YOU. He might be slower and less effective, he might be a flat out wrecking machine, he might be the same thing he is now. We don't know.

Catch wrestling is the most complete form of wrestling there is and that is Barnett's specialty. Jones is more of a striker than a wrestler. He can wrestle but it's not his specialty like wrestling is Barnett's specialty. Barnett would catch Jones in a hold and snap one of those skinny arms or legs. The only thing that keeps this from happening is Jones is afraid to move to heavyweight.

Vitor almost beat him too. If he had that armbar applied correctly it would have been the end of the fight and it almost was the end of the fight as it was.

I find this trait and pattern very common when Jones haters asses his fights against "their" guy..?

You're basically saying that none of the other belts matter?

Do you think all the lower weight guys suck because they can't challenge for the HW belt?

I still think Jones beats Cormier at HW.

I understand if their fight was DC's first LHW fight. But DC easily toppled all of his LHW opponents prior to the championship fight. Even if Cormier does have a better gas tank at HW, I don't think it would be that much better than his cardio at LHW due to his lack of championship rounds experience.

Jon Jones is just a better fighter. There is no if's, and's, or but's about it.

Back