Cormier will dominate Jon Jones the same way Cain dominated JDS.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Takamine86, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Takamine86

Takamine86 Black Belt

[​IMG]

I've said in the past that I believe Jon Jones will be the greatest when he is done. But after seeing him struggle against Gustaffson in the grappling department, I don't think he will be able to handle Cormier wrestling. Cormier is throwing around big HW wrestlers like Barnett, Bigfoot and even Cain in practice. There isn't a LHW in the UFC who can do that, not Rashad, not Davis, not Gustaffson, not Jon Jones.. Not to mention, when Cormier is at his desired weight for LHW, he still gets to test himself against the best test in MMA today, the Heavyweight Champion Cain Velasquez. What LHW is getting that kind of push in training. Cormier is going to dictate where the fight takes place. If Jon throws a kick, Cormier is putting him on his back. I think Cormier will push Jon against the fence just like Cain did JDS. Cormier will beat Jon Jones or this will be one embarrassing bump. :icon_lol:

Like both guys though so I'm going to hate seeing one of them receive their first true defeat.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  2. flexxx145

flexxx145 Green Belt

A bit premature he has to make it to LHW first.

3. Ottawaguy

Ottawaguy Gold Belt

Let's see how DC does against guys like Machida and Gus first.

4. PandaHunter

PandaHunter Yellow Belt

I agree TS, Cormier is taking belt from who ever has it and it might not be Jones with swede and brazilian coming for it

5. thrillkilla77

thrillkilla77 Green Belt

Thread title: 0/10

6. 0vary hugger**

0vary hugger** Banned Banned

TS's title is to get all the Jones haters in here to make his thread a success since there are a lot.

DC will get submitted by Jones even if he takes him down,count on it.

7. CinemaKingdom

CinemaKingdom Brown Belt

I've been a fan of Cormier and still am but I am not sure he is as deadly as I once thought. His last 3 fights have been fairly safe gameplans. He fought difference against Bigfoot and Barnett where he was going for the kill. I think he is afraid of losing his perfect record. I'd rather see him at HW but if he goes to 205bs, good luck. As long as he isn't drained he should do well.

8. Takamine86

Takamine86 Black Belt

I don't see it happening. Mir had his hands around Cormier neck and Cormier shook that off with ease. He is strong as hell and has been in the cage with much stronger submission guys than Jon Jones. Barnett for example.

9. Takamine86

Takamine86 Black Belt

I will change it for you, i need some points on the board.

10. IsoManatee

IsoManatee Brown Belt

I think you might be right, but we shall see. When it happens to Jon Jones it will be glorious..