Cormier: Wants Mir in San Jose! then Jon Jones!!

Call for a LHW fight if you want the LHW champion.

None of that "win a fight against gatekeeper A in weight class X if you want a title shot in weight class Y." Go fight a top LHW, then we can talk about fighting Jones.

Cormier obviously doesn't like Cain chances in his next fight, lol.

None of that "win a fight against gatekeeper A in weight class X if you want a title shot in weight class Y." Go fight a top LHW, then we can talk about fighting Jones.

you are correct...but you know how things work now...

These days, if you wanna get a titleshot out of a fight in another weight class, you must LOSE the first fight :icon_lol:

so yeah, Cormier must lose to Mir to get a shot at Bones, if he beats Mir, it would make no sense...lol

Are you in charge or something?

Cormier is better at HW IMO. His speed, cardio, and strength make him a tough fight for most of the slow & plodding HW's of the UFC. I dont think those attributes will transfer well at LHW and I def dont think he can beat JBJ but I do think he can beat Cain. The problem is the whole 'best buddies dont fight each other' bullshit is preventing that.

I'd love to see Cormier fight Mir. I always enjoy watching Mir get his ass kicked.

DC wants lots of things. Week to week he has slightly plans.

The only thing his has been 100% consistent on is wanting Mir.

I would have rather seen him face JDS and do what Cain did to JDS and come down to LHW to face Jones but that can wait.

Hopefully Cormier can put up a good fight against Jones at LHW. Should be fun to watch but I think Cormier is better suited at HW since he has a speed advantage at HW that he wont have at LHW.

Nothing would satisfy me more than seeing Mir snap Cormier's arm.

The problem with that plan is Mir will likely submit him...but that would give him the loss he needs before getting the title shot. The other issue is he has little to offer JJ at this point.

I really hope we get to see D.C. fight Mir & Jones before the end of the year.

The problem with that plan is Mir will likely submit him...but that would give him the loss he needs before getting the title shot. The other issue is he has little to offer JJ at this point.

Wrasslin'.

Jones is a very skilled wrassler in his own right, but Cormier was captain of the US Olympic wrasslin' team.

I'd be interested to see that fight... Mir would be a good measuring stick to get an idea of how he'll do in the UFC HW division. I think he needs to start by actually fighting in the LHW division before he starts calling for title shots. We still haven't even seen him make that weight yet.

Wrasslin'.

Jones is a very skilled wrassler in his own right, but Cormier was captain of the US Olympic wrasslin' team.

I know he's got great wrestling and I'm not going to dispute that at all. But Hendo was an olympian and his wrestling is mediocre in MMA at best.

I think Jones outwrestles anyone including Cormier and Cain (MMA). Just saying.

I doubt Mir can sub him and Cormier will pick him apart on the feet as Mir is slow as mud now. And he won't be able to get him down

Back