Daniel Cormier (22-2) vs. Stipe Miocic (19-3)

Cormier vs. Stipe

• Total voters
NO! The 2nd one wasn't needed. They're both stale and not PPV fun. Do not want to see this crap again.

You didn't enjoy that fight? Got damn. You must hate MMA, lol

I think DC is the better fighter. He fought very carelessly the last few rounds and seemed to give Stipe opportunities that he wouldn’t have otherwise had had DC remained focused. Before DC started to look fatigued he started just moving towards Stipe with his hands down, sloppy defense, little movement.
DC lost that fight more than Stipe won it, in my opinion.

How many DC/Stipe III threads will there be made? My guess is 1,426.

Picking DC. If he wrestles more last night, he wins. Stipe could definitely win. Both are bad asses.

Hindsight is 20/20, but I am not sure if he wrestled more last night he still would have won. To me, he started looking tired in round 3. Stipe could have very well put on that 4th round display in the 5th and won. We will never know.

Commenting on our below post...that guy is delusional. The 2nd fight was way better than the first. I think I would favor Stipe in a 3rd fight because he showed he can take DC down, and he showed heart by taking a shit ton of punishment and coming back to win in decisive fashion.

I wouldn't mind them having the rubber match next, there aren't too many HW contenders waiting in the wings except maybe Ngannou and Stipe already beat him not too long ago. If DC wins the trilogy it sets up a Jones fight at HW if he wants it, and if Stipe wins it further cements his HW dominance.

You didn't enjoy that fight? Got damn. You must hate MMA, lol

It was like 3 rounds of sex. We just went through Romero/Costa and Nate/Pettis , I was tired and wanted to go to bed. You can still love it and be too tired for more. OK more like 2 rounds and a BJ.

I have a lot of respect for DC. And i like DC and Stipe. I rooted for DC the first fight because he needed that win more then Stipe due to Jon Jones being the Piece of trash he is. That said, Father time has knocked on DC's door, and its time for him to retire. I think if they run it back again, Stipe wins.

It was like 3 rounds of sex. We just went through Romero/Costa and Nate/Pettis , I was tired and wanted to go to bed. You can still love it and be too tired for more. OK more like 2 rounds and a BJ.

Lmao

I had Stipe in the first and second fight. Now I pick him again.
This mofo is the 2nd baddest man ever in MMA. Meaning second best HW ever.

DC's fans are getting desperated. "Is normal".

If Cormier doesn't randomly abandon the leg kicks and the wrestling, I think he'd win, but I wouldn't bet on it.

If Cormier doesn't randomly abandon the leg kicks and the wrestling, I think he'd win, but I wouldn't bet on it.

He tried wrestling but got shut down and outwrestled after the 1st round

He tried wrestling but got shut down and outwrestled after the 1st round

He tried like one or two initial shots, and mostly as a retaliation to Stipe taking him down. He had no set ups and no chain wrestling-- He didn't have a heavy wrestling gameplan at all in the last three rounds.

Picking DC. If he wrestles more last night, he wins. Stipe could definitely win. Both are bad asses.
I don't even think he needs to wrestle more, but he does need to throw more leg kicks. Stipe didn't check 1. Straight right to the body was there all night too. Just too much head hunting, but he was landing so it's completely understandable that he kept at it. Stipe's homer Simpson defense was incredible.

A 'motivated" BJ?

Shit, I'd watch it again provided Cormier doesn't fall off from age. But I don't think it's as simple as DC automatically winning if he stuck to wrestling. Stipe defended the wrestling pretty well in my opinion. Sure, DC took Stipe down. But it wasn't like Stipe wasn't able to weather the storm and avoid big shots. Stipe even managed to get back up to his feet. Considering the amount of effort DC expended getting the fight there, plus the little damage done, maybe only a few attempts are worth it for him. Some people DC probably can't wrestle very well.

Back