Cormier vs JDS will happen

I've always imagined a scenario where Cain is sidelined and an interim belt is made and Dana offers Cormier a dump truck full of money to fight JDS for the belt.

Exactly. When he finally steps up and faces a top 10 opponent, he'll be embarrassed. Such a hype job.

Yeah the guy has some serious talent, but according to everyone he was going to come out and absolutely destroy Mir in the first. His Bigfoot victory was good but Bigfoot is very hittable.

Cain over Cormier. If JDS can beat Cain I think he'll be able to take Cormier easier. Cormier should move down

Here's the deal- I can't imagine why or how DC is dropping. He said that his years as a wrestler had basically messed with his system enough that weight cutting was no longer an option. So I like the TS often figured that the reason DC was on this card and the reason DC was against a non-top tier opponent was that the UFC was lying in wait to see if JDS won and if he did, then they'd have that obvious built in title feud.

But more and more its obvious that he does intend to drop and fight Jones.

Here's the deal- I can't imagine why or how DC is dropping. He said that his years as a wrestler had basically messed with his system enough that weight cutting was no longer an option.

no he didn't. that's the underlying miscommunication here.

he said (and i paraphrase) "cutting FAST is not an option (because of the prior kidney damage from cutting during Olympic trials that you are referring to), so i will take A YEAR to cut CORRECTLY, and meanwhile i don't want to go a year w/o fighting, so i will take a HW bout whilst cutting to 205". source = a few posts ago.

very different than "cutting is not an option".

now do you see how folks who don't understand the whole issue and yet tout on with opinions as if they do, causes the miscommunication?

JDS/Cormier will happen after Cain steamrolls him again for five rounds. Effectively making JDS the heavyweight Jon Fitch.

honestly if DC beats BC and JDS beats CV

then you never know what DC will decide or what DW with offer him

It drives me nuts when people use this many abbreviations. Gives me a headache trying to decipher it. Stop being lazy please.

no, daniel is dropping either way, he already said he is and is currently dropping even before fighting nelson

Exactly. Besides, that's not a fight I am looking forward to seeing anyways. JDS would massacre him horribly

I don't think Cormier would be able to beat JDS and Cormier really has to drop down in weight and stop talking smack.

Exactly. Besides, that's not a fight I am looking forward to seeing anyways. JDS would massacre him horribly

I wouldn't be so sure after watching JDS struggle so much in the first round of their last fight. Cormier is arguably better in some striking aspects than Cain and they both fight with similar pressure styles. Cain's gas tank is a key difference, but I think that if Cormier approached JDS properly, he could certainly have success.

I wouldn't be so sure after watching JDS struggle so much in the first round of their last fight. Cormier is arguably better in some striking aspects than Cain and they both fight with similar pressure styles. Cain's gas tank is a key difference, but I think that if Cormier approached JDS properly, he could certainly have success.

i think that's a fallacious (hehe) argument. Cain & Cormier are both stout wrestlers with heavy hands, but that's where the comparisons stop. Cormier doesn't attack relentlessly like Cain does, and JDS does great against folks who sit back and let him do his thing.

i don't know if JDS would be able to win by controlling the distance, but i think JDS/Cormier would go a lot differently than JDS/Cain I, II, III, IV or V.

Why is it people are fine with Cormier being their little pawn and dropping to LHW to be some sort of 'assassin' for Jones, but get really petty and vindictive when dealing with the possibility of him staying at HW. Is it because, despite all the insults they know he is a serious and legitimate threat to take the HW belt from anyone holding it? It seems like people are getting ready to start giving Cormier the full on Jones, Silva, Rashad, and Rampage treatment. Hmm.

Why is it people are fine with Cormier being their little pawn and dropping to LHW to be some sort of 'assassin' for Jones, but get really petty and vindictive when dealing with the possibility of him staying at HW. Is it because, despite all the insults they know he is a serious and legitimate threat to take the HW belt from anyone holding it? It seems like people are getting ready to start giving Cormier the full on Jones, Silva, Rashad, and Rampage treatment. Hmm.

what are you talking about?

how does Cormier decided to drop to 205 turn into (in your mind) "Cormier being their pawn"?

TS obviously didn't know all the facts before posting, and people corrected him. i'm not sure what you're reading in this thread...

i think that's a fallacious (hehe) argument. Cain & Cormier are both stout wrestlers with heavy hands, but that's where the comparisons stop. Cormier doesn't attack relentlessly like Cain does.

i don't know if JDS would be able to win by controlling the distance, but i think JDS/Cormier would go a lot differently than JDS/Cain I, II, III, IV or V.

In terms of their striking approach, they are quite similar stylistically. Both are come forward pressure fighters for the most part. Cormier isn't as relentless because he doesn't have Cain's gas tank and he is capable of fighting off of the backfoot, as well. When he does come forward, though, he has tools similar tools to those that gave JDS so much trouble (a good jab, head movement and speed). Throughout his career, JDS hasn't responded well to fighters that force him onto the backfoot. Again, cardio is a difference between Cain and Cormier, but I think Cormier is likely a bit quicker and tighter with his standup than Cain. At the very least, he does pose a number of problems for JDS.

what are you talking about?

how does Cormier decided to drop to 205 turn into (in your mind) "Cormier being their pawn"?

TS obviously didn't know all the facts before posting, and people corrected him. i'm not sure what you're reading in this thread...

I think he is a pawn of sorts to 'fans.' They don't care about Cormier. He is just another in a long line of hopefuls they hope will 'humble' Jones, and they want him away from HW because he is a threat to take the belt there.

I'd be fine with Cormier staying at HW. He said he is going to LHW, though. I don't understand the confusion from some of you.

In terms of their striking approach, they are quite similar stylistically. Both are come forward pressure fighters for the most part. Cormier isn't as relentless because he doesn't have Cain's gas tank and he is capable of fighting off of the backfoot, as well. When he does come forward, though, he has tools similar tools to those that gave JDS so much trouble (a good jab, head movement and speed). Throughout his career, JDS hasn't responded well to fighters that force him onto the backfoot. Again, cardio is a difference between Cain and Cormier, but I think Cormier is likely a bit quicker and tighter with his standup than Cain. At the very least, he does pose a number of problems for JDS.

head movement would make this fight fun. and yes he comes forward. and his hands are very quick.

but that lack of relentlessness makes it a very different fight. he comes forward...calmly. that's all i'm saying. and JDS could, conceivably, control distance very effectively against that.

cheers.

I think he is a pawn of sorts to 'fans.' They don't care about Cormier. He is just another in a long line of hopefuls they hope will 'humble' Jones, and they want him away from HW because he is a threat to take the belt there.

methinks you came into this thread with that idea already in your mind, and anything you read was going to re-emphasize your preconceived notion. but just an FYI, i'm not seeing any of what you're talking about here.

Back