Cormier vs Bigfoot Silva...

MrCoffee

Brotherhood of Shitty Arguments.
@Black
Reaction score
This fight between Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones is one that many of us can't choose a winner.

After re-watching fights of both fighters in what is leading to be one of the most anticipated fights ever, I'm excited just to see how this unfolds.

I'll admit that I'm always waiting to see an upset from the underdog, but after watching these fights, I'm going to say that Cormier takes this.

How?

Cormier vs Bigfoot is an excellent indication of what may happen.

Cormier switches levels in a fake take down attempt at 4:15 of the first round. Two seconds later he fakes, and goes for the overhand right, flooring Bigfoot Silva.
This is almost the same thing that Frank Mir did with Cheik Kongo.

If I were to guess how Cormier finishes Jones, it would be after he takes Jon down a few times. Jones gets behind on the scorecards and can't stand losing to this guy. Cormier fakes the takedown and hits Jones right in the jaw, dropping him, and gets the TKO.

Thoughts?

Bigfoot is one of the, if not the slowest fighter I have ever seen in the ufc. DC is very fast for HW. Jones > Bigfoot on so many levels.

I would stand up, and have the :eek: face for a good 3 minutes, then proceed to scream at the top of my lungs for the whole night.

Bigfoot is one of the, if not the slowest fighter I have ever seen in the ufc. DC is very fast for HW. Jones > Bigfoot on so many levels.

Sure, but look at the fight and see how fast Cormier was at HW. He angles himself very well and that creates better timing for openings. Do you think Jones is too fast to be hit?

I would stand up, and have the :eek: face for a good 3 minutes, then proceed to scream at the top of my lungs for the whole night.

Haha, same! When someone as dominant as Jones, Fedor, or Anderson goes down, its almost unreal to think about. Either way, looking forward to a great fight!

How do you see it going down?

I think Jones will smash dc.

Lots of oblique kicks and elbows.

Will be interesting to see if he fights in the clinch like he did versus chael

I would laugh if this turns out to be like either Machida - Henderson, GSP -Diaz or Diaz - Condit. People have such high expectations for this fight. On paper it's the greatest fight following Diaz - Silva. I don't see it living up to the hype.

Haha, same! When someone as dominant as Jones, Fedor, or Anderson goes down, its almost unreal to think about. Either way, looking forward to a great fight!

How do you see it going down?

DC will do what Cain did to JDS, except have an easier time with the TD's, believe it or not.

I would laugh if this turns out to be like either Machida - Henderson, GSP -Diaz or Diaz - Condit. People have such high expectations for this fight. On paper it's the greatest fight following Diaz - Silva. I don't see it living up to the hype.

Don't watch then.

Puhhlease Bigfoot Silva is not an elite fighter. Dude has 2 wins in his last 7 fights and 1 of those wins he was dominated the first 2 rounds against Overeem and the other win was a fluke against Travis Browne when Browne tore his hamstring. He very well could have 0 wins in his last 7 fights if things broke a little different in the Overeem and Browne fights.

I think Jones will not be easily taken down. A lot of people expect Cormier to do that, but they forget Jones is an excellent wrestler himself and has been taken down only once.

The DC/Bigfoot fight surprised me a lot. But it seems like Bigfoot expected a wrestling match and got tagged with a huge punch. He is kind of chinny so it all went down from there.

Jones is now well aware of what Cormier can do on feet. Also, he is MUCH quicker than Bigfoot and uses his reach better.

I think Jones will smash dc.

Lots of oblique kicks and elbows.

Will be interesting to see if he fights in the clinch like he did versus chael

I over the chael/dc comparisons. They are nothing alike . If Chael and DC where to square of dc would finish chael withing a minute or 2 . Jones is going to get whooped plain and simple. Jones is good "arrogant" but a good fighter . DC is to strong and fast for jones . And you if Jones gets DC down the scramble is where Jones will lose out on . There is more to wrestling then just the takedown. And I would advise that if you haven't already go watch an Olympic wrestler scramble it's on a level so high that jones will not be able to compete with DC if it hits the ground.

I heard Jones and Bigfoot were cousins
So similar

Back