Cormier training with Gatsalov

Jones is probably on the right track preparing with pro MMA fighters rather than dudes who wrestled in the olympics 20 years ago and never fought an MMA fight.

He just won a bronze medal a few months ago at the world championships. He's still active.

2014-10-10 Ramzan Kadyrov Cup Freestyle Seniors 97.0 RUS 5.
2014-09-08 World Championship Freestyle Seniors 125.0 RUS 3.
2014-08-02 Waclaw Ziolkowski Memorial Freestyle Seniors 125.0 RUS 1.
2013-09-16 World Championship Freestyle Seniors 120.0 RUS 1.
2013-08-10 Waclaw Ziolkowski Memorial Freestyle Seniors 120.0 RUS 8.
2013-05-23 Ali Aliev Tournament Freestyle Seniors 96.0 RUS 2.
2013-02-16 International Ukrainian Tournament Freestyle Seniors 96.0 RUS 1.
2013-01-24 Ivan Yarygin Grand Prix Freestyle Seniors 96.0 RUS 5.
2011-09-16 World Championship Freestyle Seniors 96.0 RUS 11.
2011-05-20 Ali Aliev Tournament Freestyle Seniors 96.0 RUS 3.
2010-09-10 World Championship Freestyle Seniors 96.0 RUS 2.

reads more like a 16 year olds erotic fan fiction than cogent analysis

Perhaps because I simplified it? That's pretty much DC's fighting style as demonstrated by his MMA resume.

Additionally, Jon Jones' pedigree is in wrestling and it's an element of the MMA game that he's more or less dominated in his career. Nobody has really negated his wrestling (Gus came close) much less dominated him in this department. It would seem intuitive that my prediction is how the fight plays out if DC has his way which would mean that Jones will not land many (if any) elbows.

If I'm wrong, please treat me to your cogent analysis!

Jones is training with the same people as usual, and is not being challenged because he is the top dog at his camp.

Those differences will show in this fight.

How do you know this? Have you been to his gym and seen for your own eyes who he's been training with?... Didn't think so.

Can you say Wrestling Clinic? We will be treated to a freestyle wrestling clinic with all striking allowed and DC is gonna make a mockery of the collegiate "star" lol

DC just want a man who can push him to the limit in wrestling training (not many mma players can do that)

Nobody has really negated his wrestling (Gus came close) much less dominated him in this department. It would seem intuitive that my prediction is how the fight plays out if DC has his way which would mean that Jones will not land many (if any) elbows.

Jon got 1/11 takedowns, and it wasn't until after Gustafsson was exhausted and still feeling hurt from the end of the previous round. Even when he got it, Gus was back up to his feet inside 15 seconds, 0 strikes and 0 subs attempted by Jon, and Jon was dragged to the cage like a small child. Gustafsson got 1/8 takedowns (more if we count the trips after he caught his kicks) and stuffed all but 1 out of nearly a dozen.

I'd call that "negating" Jon's wrestling.

Jones is probably on the right track preparing with pro MMA fighters rather than dudes who wrestled in the olympics 20 years ago and never fought an MMA fight.

Bones did bring in Ed "Truth" Ruth and a few other wrestlers to help out this camp. Ruth is a legit bad ass, he'll be a monster when he comes over to MMA.

Jon got 1/11 takedowns, and it wasn't until after Gustafsson was exhausted and still feeling hurt from the end of the previous round. Even when he got it, Gus was back up to his feet inside 15 seconds, 0 strikes and 0 subs attempted by Jon, and Jon was dragged to the cage like a small child. Gustafsson got 1/8 takedowns (more if we count the trips after he caught his kicks) and stuffed all but 1 out of nearly a dozen.

Dam straight.

You obviously dont know jack.

Really what hates comes out on your threads for fighters your not a fan of.

Overachieving Russian 12 year olds.

Gus did the best, but it was clear (at least to me) that Gus was still very mindful of Jon's offensive wrestling even though he slowed Jon's attack considerably.

I should have better articulated - I don't think DC will execute his gameplan with any real respect for Jon's wrestling. In other words, in any position where Jon might engage DC with wrestling, DC will also be able to engage Jon with wrestling and this will be exactly what DC wants.

Gus on the other hand, clearly didn't want to wrestle with Jones as evidenced by his repeated rejections of Jon's attempted takedowns. So even Gus was showing a healthy respect for Jon's wrestling in light of his success against it. DC won't need to show this same respect in my opinion.

Can't wait till Jones beats DC.

I'd say it will get rid of his "fans", but I know they will just jump back to the Gus wagon.

Bones did bring in Ed "Truth" Ruth and a few other wrestlers to help out this camp. Ruth is a legit bad ass, he'll be a monster when he comes over to MMA.

So excited for Ruth to make the transition. Probably the most successful NCAA wrestler to ever enter mma. He'll still be very young too.

Cormier is going to turn this into wrestler vs striker. And the wrestler almost always wins. He will reduce Jones to a striker.

He brings in a great wrestler to train with and automatically he's only training wrestling and foregoing all other forms of fighting? Only on sherdog.

Do you believe he shouldn't be practicing wrestling at all?

You do realize he's still training striking and jujitsu too, right?

Lol This is a far more realistic scenario.

Gus did the best, but it was clear (at least to me) that Gus was still very mindful of Jon's offensive wrestling even though he slowed Jon's attack considerably.

I should have better articulated - I don't think DC will execute his gameplan with any real respect for Jon's wrestling. In other words, in any position where Jon might engage DC with wrestling, DC will also be able to engage Jon with wrestling and this will be exactly what DC wants.

Gus on the other hand, clearly didn't want to wrestle with Jones as evidenced by his repeated rejections of Jon's attempted takedowns. So even Gus was showing a healthy respect for Jon's wrestling in light of his success against it. DC won't need to show this same respect in my opinion.

Yeah, Gustafsson was very mindful of the TD threat against Jones, a little too much. He wasn't sure if he could deal with stuffing them and after he did know he could he still didn't really want to risk it. But the actual offensive wrestling of Jones' itself was negated, minus the mental threat of the takedown still largely looming (which will always be there at least to some extent against a high level wrestler or TD artist).

Back