Cormier training with Gatsalov

theincognito

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
It seems like Jones should be training with him to prepare for DC and DC should have someone like Gus. This makes no sense.

Jones is probably on the right track preparing with pro MMA fighters rather than dudes who wrestled in the olympics 20 years ago and never fought an MMA fight.

It seems like Jones should be training with him to prepare for DC and DC should have someone like Gus. This makes no sense.

Jones entire game is predicated on his wrestling threat. DC is focusing on taking that away and when he does, everything crumbles. Wrestling with a guy who is leaps and bounds stronger and more technically proficient in than Jones is a fine idea to me. DC will walk through Jones' pillow punches and get on that body like the Senior QB on a freshman cheerleader.

Jones is probably on the right track preparing with pro MMA fighters rather than dudes who wrestled in the olympics 20 years ago and never fought an MMA fight.

20 years ago? He won gold at the world championships year ago at the 120kg division.

Jones entire game is predicated on his wrestling threat. DC is focusing on taking that away and when he does, everything crumbles. Wrestling with a guy who is leaps and bounds stronger and more technically proficient in than Jones is a fine idea to me. DC will walk through Jones' pillow punches and get on that body like the Senior QB on a freshman cheerleader.

You forgot eye pokes.... Wrestling and eye pokes

Can he walk through Jones pillow elbows?

He brings in a great wrestler to train with and automatically he's only training wrestling and foregoing all other forms of fighting? Only on sherdog.

Do you believe he shouldn't be practicing wrestling at all?

You do realize he's still training striking and jujitsu too, right?

Cormier has Rockhold and Liam McGeary, so I think he'll be fine. McGeary is basically the Bellator version of Jones.

Cormier has been training with ufc champions(until he got injured), top ufc contenders, and bringing in new talent to challenge him and learn new things.

Jones is training with the same people as usual, and is not being challenged because he is the top dog at his camp.

Those differences will show in this fight.

hope this helps make it the best fight it can be. that guy Getsalottalov by the wrestling community

Cormier has been training with ufc champions(until he got injured), top ufc contenders, and bringing in new talent to challenge him and learn new things.

Jones is training with the same people as usual, and is not being challenged because he is the top dog at his camp.

Those differences will show in this fight.

lol

those same people have helped him steamroll every single legitimate challenger (except gus, who was beat, not steamrolled). while i think this could be a close fight, i think you are being a lil biased in your thoughts...letting your hopes shine through your predictions

Can he walk through Jones pillow elbows?

Jones' elbows are his most powerful shots and can likely hurt DC, but I doubt DC will fight from a range that will allow Jones to utilize standing elbows.

Jones will spend a lot of time on his back and pressed against the cage and won't be able to throw flat footed or spinning elbows.

Yeah, those hasbeen wrestlers like Cain Velasquez, Luke Rockhold, Liam McGeary, Phil Davis, and King Mo sure wouldn't know what to do in an MMA fight!

Jones' elbows are his most powerful shots and can likely hurt DC, but I doubt DC will fight from a range that will allow Jones to utilize standing elbows.

I dont think Cormier will have much choice in the matter tbh. He gonna catapult himself across the ring?

Yeah, those hasbeen wrestlers like Cain Velasquez, Luke Rockhold, Liam McGeary, Phil Davis, and King Mo sure wouldn't know what to do in an MMA fight!

you were doing really well until you named dropped king mo...hopefully he doesnt dumb down DCs fight IQ

I dont think Cormier will have much choice in the matter tbh. He gonna catapult himself across the ring?

No, he'll box his way inside and unlike Jones' who, at best, had a shot to not be taken down, DC will be the one on the hunt for the takedown. Jon Jones will look like a very different fighter when he truly fears the takedown which I don't believe has happened in his career. I doubt he'll want to throw a lot of elbows or maybe a lot of anything...

No, he'll box his way inside and unlike Jones' who, at best, had a shot to not be taken down, DC will be the one on the hunt for the takedown. Jon Jones will look like a very different fighter when he truly fears the takedown which I don't believe has happened in his career. I doubt he'll want to throw a lot of elbows or maybe a lot of anything...

reads more like a 16 year olds erotic fan fiction than cogent analysis

Its smart of DC to train his ass off in his biggest strength for this fight. Jon can't kick going backwards can he? And his boxing sucks.

you were doing really well until you named dropped king mo...hopefully he doesnt dumb down DCs fight IQ

Mo may not be the best fighter on Earth, but he's widely regarded as a top 20 LHW and is capable of putting in good training work with any LHW on the planet. I guarantee you he can push DC especially if DC does shark rounds alternating fighters. Imagine sparring 5 minute rounds with fresh versions of Cain, McGeary, Rockhold, Mo, and other high level fighters at AKA.

Back