Cormier should come out of retirement

i dont think so...but i would like to see dc winning lesnar, jan or even jiri

He has the game to beat Francis, if he chooses to use it.

I think it's too hard for him to come back though. At his age, and the drive required.... You can't go into it half assed

Or in his case, double-assed.

I don't think he likes cutting weight. Or the idea of fighting Ngannou, or Jones. So, announcer it is.

DC deserves respect for his accomplishments in the sport, he's a legend, and should keep that legendary status in tact by remaining retired.

A guy like Curtis Blaydes would be a nightmare matchup for DC.

Sure DC could beat some of the one-dimensional or undersized HWs but not the plethora of newish 6'5 250 pound well rounded guys who are ten years younger than him no chance.

After losing the trilogy to Stipe, he should have went back to LHW to take the belt from Jan. Then defend it against Glover or Adesanya. And finally retire to avoid Jiri.

DC could roll off the couch after a 24 hr Popeyes binge & still probably beat any current HW except Francis & Stipe. In a hypothetical vs Francis, I still think DC has maybe a 40% chance

disagree. He barely beat Gust, and HW Jon Jones beats him.

DC could roll off the couch after a 24 hr Popeyes binge & still probably beat any current HW except Francis & Stipe. In a hypothetical vs Francis, I still think DC has maybe a 40% chance
I think his style of wrestling would actually give Francis problems. He can probably take Francis down where Stipe can't anymore.

The problem is he sets up his takedowns with strikes and striking with Francis at his age is way too risky. Stipe highlighted the perfect counter to DC's hand-fighting so he can't get away with that anymore, either.

I have no interest in him

Hes a bad commentator, and hes the 3rd best guy in whichever division he chooses, and hes a boring fat wrestler known for holding fake belts

The meager wrestling he did in the trilogy suggests he wouldn't implement the necessary gameplan, even tho a younger Cormier could easily

Possibly.. I feel that Stipe has better wrestling and (at the time) pieces his hands together more whereas Francis (again, at the time) was more sit down and throw, making him more susceptible to clinching. If DC wants to straight up rock 'em, sock'em with Francis, that's his gamble.

In this right now hypothetical matchup, I think DC would be able to implement the gameplan from Stive-Francis 1 better than Stipe did.

The meager wrestling he did in the trilogy suggests he wouldn't implement the necessary gameplan, even tho a younger Cormier could easily

Possibly.. I feel that Stipe has better wrestling and (at the time) pieces his hands together more whereas Francis (again, at the time) was more sit down and throw, making him more susceptible to clinching and shots.
Or in his case, double-assed.

Touche. Heavyweight is heavyweight lol. He can still sneak in under 265... I think

Let him fight Mark Coleman, it'll be a good scrap.

Why? He won the belt more than once and beat plenty of top tier fighters. Does he really want to come out and get brain damage from Francis or have Jones beat him another time.

He has the game to beat Francis, if he chooses to use it.

I think it's too hard for him to come back though. At his age, and the drive required.... You can't go into it half assed

he hasn’t been able to impose a wrestling heavy attack for many years. He wades in with arms outstretched and had success doing that.

he hasn’t been able to impose a wrestling heavy attack for many years. He wades in with arms outstretched and had success doing that.
He outwrestled and choked out Lewis to defend the heavyweight strap. That was his 3rd to last fight.

Let the man live his life, he's a great commentator. Him and Joe are a great team.

I get the feeling TS has never done a hard thing in his life, let alone a hard thing his whole life. He's 42 and competed his whole life. Now he's doing other things and not getting punched in the face. Are you retarded?

disagree. He barely beat Gust, and HW Jon Jones beats him.

Cormier beat the current HW #1 contender Lewis rather easily. Gus was at 205, has no relevancy to HW. Jones has 0 fights at HW, he's not a HW fighter until he actually has a fight at HW. Jones has talked about HW for many many yrs, I will believe it when I see it. We also don't know how it will affect him, maybe he's slower, gets tired faster, etc at HW

He's not on the level of the champions today, only chance he has, which is highly minimal at best...is cutting all that weight and really sucking down... but in totality, he cant give up all that food. Jones was always better than DC and Stipe had his number as well. He did good against the lower tier fighters, I give him credit there.

Back