Cormier on Jones' kicks to the knee

pincmil

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
1:30 into this clip he talks about it. He says that they are legal, but if Jones does them he will try and make a fuss about them possibly to the ref just to get in his head.

[YT]lsF4t67J8iA[/YT]

If Cornier stopped to complain to the ref about a legal move I have no doubt he'd immediately eat a destructive kick to his face. Probably not a good idea.

Hope hes just trolling with this... That would not be a good move, at all.

I saw a good article by Jack Slack about this amongst other things. Essentially decent sideways movement largely negates those oblique knee kicks

Try to make a fuss about a legal move? The stupidity.

so while he is complaining he will eat a few more of them

I saw a good article by Jack Slack about this amongst other things. Essentially decent sideways movement largely negates those oblique knee kicks
Saw that too. Gus' footwork pretty much took those away. Cormier won't have footwork like Gus, but jones might be weary of throwing any kind of kick at dc for fear of a td.

punching a guy behind the ear is ok but not kicking above the knee. got it!

BountifulKindCottontail.gif

Those kicks aren't always supposed to bend knees the wrong way, it can be used as a simple push kick to stop someone advancing towards you, which obviously doesn't necessarily involve buckling opponents leg, that happens when guys tries to walk right through an oblique / push kick and take the full brunt of it.

knee_medium.gif

Kicks like this are dangerous but so is throwing a padded up glove at someone's temple.

Back