Cormier Jones - First Post On The Fight.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by billo2007**, Jan 5, 2015.

1. billo2007**

billo2007** Blue Belt

Guys ive read alot of your reviews and feelings on the fight, this is the first post ive made since the fight.

Jones was the winner of the fight absolutely undisputable.

However he was in a dog fight for 3 rounds, Cormier was landing some big uppercuts and shots and Jones was rattled at various points. This was a much closer fight. As everyone has said whatever the reason Cormier gassed and that was that. 2 of the first 3 rounds could easily have went to Cormier. Im starting to get alot better at scoring fights these days and I felt round 2 was 100% cormier. Round 1 and 3 could have went either way too.

I hate Jones. But im level headed and can view things in perspective. He was the better fighter and DC has nothing for him. Unless he can fix that cardio lool at 36.

I think he was really up against it against Jones reach, Jones utilized his leg and arm reach constantly and to brilliant effect.

2. Scarzi

Scarzi Blue Belt

should have been a 49-48 Jones win, Cormier took 2 rounds but Jones round 4 + 5 were pretty much one sided.

3. WarriorPoet1

WarriorPoet1 Purple Belt

Maybe the repeated body shots had something to do with the cardio..... Dc builds up his lateral movement instead of just plodding forward and a rematch is his to take

4. SilvaMoney

SilvaMoney Green Belt

I truly wanted Cormier to win, but was very disappointed to find out that was all he had to offer. I agree it should have been 48-47 Jones, but truly thought Cormier would do so much more.

5. Jonas Putin

Jonas Putin White Belt

Yeah it amazes me how people are saying that "he has to fix his cardio".

No, he has to fix his overall game so he won't eat that much of knees, kicks and punches to his body. It feels like people are thinking that DC didn't spend enough time running before the fight and that's why he gassed.

6. estranged

estranged Brown Belt

perhaps 3

7. theheater

theheater Silver Belt

do you even math bro?

8. method115

method115 Titanium Belt

DC builds lateral movement and Jones will change his game to and just beat him again. I love how Jack Slack says one thing and suddenly that's all DC needs to do to win no matter what Jones does as logn as DC has lateral movement he's going to destroy Jones.

Gus had great movement and is a much better striker then DC will ever be and he still lost the fight to Jones. Most of the punches Gus landed were because his reach was so close to Jones. Jones would stick out his hand like he normally does and Gus would just punch him in the face cause the reach wasn't that big. It was actually pretty funny to watch because it seemed like Jones didn't catch on till the 4th round. I wonder if he's still going to do the same thing if he fights Gus again.

9. ZuffaExecutive

ZuffaExecutive Red Belt

Its easy to look great cardio wise,when ur not taking damage and your fighting at a constant pace that your dictating.

10. Weidman

Weidman Still my booooy!

11. djacobox372

djacobox372 Gold Belt

DC definitely proved he was the real deal, Jones is just too good.

Due to his age I doubt DC will stick around the LHW division much longer, but if he does we may end up with a JDS/CainV situation.

12. WilfyDee

WilfyDee White Belt

What 2 rounds? There is a better argument for Jones winning all five rounds than for Cormier winning two rounds.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  13. ALAN PARTRIDGE

ALAN PARTRIDGE NO LONGER REGISTERED

I am a huge Jones fan, cannot stand DC at all

I had it 3-2 rounds to Jones

14. mental mickey

mental mickey Yellow Belt

I really don't get how someone can score it 3 rounds to 2.. You could argue that DC possibly won round 2 but even that would be a close call.. Jones clearly won 1 3 4 & 5

15. mental mickey

mental mickey Yellow Belt

This

16. Miiiiiiighty

Miiiiiiighty Silver Belt

In my opinion Jones wins 48-47.

I think DC has a lot of room to improve, and I also think that he did decent cardiowise considering the number of bodyshots he ate.
    Jones will also improve so I hope they rematch in early 2016, a second fight could be fireworks

17. Spaceball

Spaceball Yellow Belt

It wasn't cardio imo... DC and his team and most of us, I think, underestimated JJ chin! He's rock solid to survive easily all the uppercuts...

18. WilfyDee

WilfyDee White Belt

When I watched the fight last night I scored round 2 for Cormier but I just watched it again and I can't see that round any other way than Jones. Head kicks, body kicks, body punches, elbows in the clinch, controlling against the fence and even when DC was hitting him ones was in control of the position.

19. paynebringer

paynebringer Titanium Ape Planet Belt... Always Defend ♠♠♠

If them two fought 9x Jon would win 9x Jon is a technical cerebral fighter. Cormier feels he needs to break you to win. Problem is Cormier needs to be on top of you pressuring you to be effective or dictating the pace. Jon took those two fighting elements away and DC broke like grandads old pocket watch.

20. Donutdude

Donutdude Green Belt

Watching the fight, I think the only round I definitively gave Cormier was number two. The first and third were fairly close, but I could see Jones taking them as well.