Cormier: Jones brawl was 100% real

DGT4NOW

Red Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
On Steve Austin's podcast, DC was a guest (a great one too) & DC started talking about how selling a fight is part of the job. Austin asked him if the brawl with Jones was real & DC said 100%. Austin wasn't sure to believe him because he knows DC is a big WWE fan. DC explained that with Jones & then with Bader that it started out trying to make something happen, but both times the feelings turned very real.
He said he was playing the game with Bader, but then Bader really pissed him off for real at the presser & said he & Jones were arguing & ready to fight the whole time during the build-up.

LINK - http://podcastone.com/program?action=viewProgram&programID=436

Last edited:
I believe it. Believed it the whole time. I mean we saw the off air shit...
Can't fake Incredulousness.

Ha

I remember posting it on a non-MMA board after it occurred & 90% said FAKE.
I tried to explain the set-up & how knocking down that back wall & brawling could have easily resulted in a lawsuit or two.
Nothing fake about it!

He also said a few great things
GUSTAFSON: He said that he is best known for almost winning a fight
JONES: He said he made the mistake of trying to get in a fight with him. He said that once he got into the octagon, his game plan left his mind & all he cared to do was fight.

I believe they didn't like each other. I know people in relationships that can maintain civility but they don't like each and could easily be in a heated argument.

DC and JJ were now in position to benefit from this and started to express it freely. Maybe there was a few staged appearances or something, but I don't think DC or JJ had to reach deep for new feelings.

They seem very different.

The Jones brawl was never suspect.

His shoving of Starbucks, however, looked faker than amateur night wrassling at the local town hall.

DC saying that the brawl was real is the equivalent of Bill Clinton saying

e48cc9bcb170c74bba092d0b9969977a0053d6277d3cee10aa7caa43a01c7c9d.jpg

Back