Cormier is that man.

The card?
I wasnt too preoccupied outside of Mousasi and Cormier fighting, but i was impressed by Daniel.

He was calm on the feet and wasnt over-committing on fients, but wasnt gunshy either.

That throw he got in the first round was fucking superb.

It went how i imagined, honestly, he looked incredible out there.

I get the sense he just manages all of it better than most. People who haven't felt that incredible rush may not know what I'm saying but the sense of pure spontaneity and competition which is an addictive drug to some, and a destructively hindering feeling to others just seems to bring out the former in Daniel Cormier. The art of fighting is present when I see him fight (my conceotiosn of the art of foghting, anywat.).

Cormier seems like the type of guy that fights at the level of his competition.

I'm a massive, massive Black Fedor fan but tonight I wasn't "that" impressed.

Barnett handled his meal with haste, DC seemed to be playing / unable to finish (finished in a very underwhelming fashion).

Either way, I still back him as someone who'll destroy LHW / HW. But I hope he looks better in his UFC debut....

Eh, I respect your talk too. Fuck. I shouldn't be posting without no insight but here I am. What I have to say to people is that cormier is more than his accomplished wins to me. His assumed bosing technique speaks volumes to my oncetion of him. Still, I should reign that shit it and all that. Perhaps what I'll ask the people to observe is his stance (observe the front should elevated and most of the weight placed over the back shoulder which in turn allows for a stance that shields a fighter's chin and so on.

i feel that mir has an advantage on the feet and can catch a submission on the ground, should be highly competitive imo. DC beat Staring who nobody had ever heard of prior to this fight. Not a very impressive win imo.

I'll admit that Cormier matches up well against Mir. But it's no where near a blowout. Mir isn't Barnett, despite having similar looking skill sets. Mir could outbox, don't think Cormier takes it to the ground.

I thought it was pretty obvious that Cormier just didn't want to break his hand on a nobody.

Cormier's ground game to me seems the only potential weakness vs Mir, not that its bad but he does leave the odd opening which Barnett almost exploited from his back.

Mir's only advanatge standing is reach and personally I don't see him being able to exploit it as even if Cormier is wary of the ground the difference in wrestling is so great that I don't see it stopping him from pushing forward.

JDS IMHO really showed the blueprint to beat Frank, when he busts out the "Mir turtle" defence just back off.

I'll admit that Cormier matches up well against Mir. But it's no where near a blowout. Mir isn't Barnett, despite having similar looking skill sets. Mir could outbox, don't think Cormier takes it to the ground.

Well, I agree that Mir is not Barnett. I think Mir would destroy Josh at this point in their careers but I see DC taking him down and smashing him Lesnar style. While Mir has one of the best ground games at HW his wrestling is probably the worst out of the top guys, hes far too willing to hang out with guys in his guard and I think doing that against Corm ends with Mir sleeping.

I question the whole pretense of Cormier ever being underestimated in terms of skill (many people knew where it was at). If anyone can convince a boxing fan and a boxer that Frank Mir is more skilled and athletic that Daniel Cormier then have fucking at it.

DC beat Staring who nobody had ever heard of prior to this fight. Not a very impressive win imo.

DC could only fight who they gave him. And Dion has 28 wins and was on a 6 fight winning streak and trains with Overeem so he could be better than the "no name" status gives someone.

Still biased shit and so on. Good shit meets us tomorrow. Now I (and company
) get proper fucked.

Eat, drink and be happy, for tomorrow, we actually discuss.

Last edited:
Still, I'll reivigorate the discussion by a claim that we all need somebody. Somebody to love.

i hope people put money on mir when they do fight so i can bet the farm on cormier.

Dc was cleary just keeping his glass fists intact, saving them for murr.

Mir has always been underrated as hell, wouldnt be at all suprised if he managed to snatch a limb against Cormier.

Back