Cormier is a better fight than Gus

To late now!! Jones should have said this long time ago.

Now he's just stalling, ducking and playing games. Skip Gus now and beat DC makes Gus jones II even less possible. Fight Gus now, and loose, his whole legacy will be in trouble.

This is how Jones thinks, if y'all did not know.

Last edited:
Black Fedor is the correct fight for Jones. The UFC has no fucking idea how to make fights. Downright sickening.

cormier has proven he can handle much bigger guys than jones, sao p, bigfoot, barnett, mir, etc are all bigger than jones and about the same height, Mir might be a bit shorter. He makes a much more interesting matchup, but gus was first so its ok, Gus could beat him too, but i think jones will be ready

This is kinda like when it's Saturday night and a dude has two betches who are DTF but doesn't know which one to pick cause one is smoking hot but he's banged her before and she's kinda a dead fish but the other is still hot but no one knows what it's like to smash so his friends say to smash the superhot chick again cause at least she's fuckin' hot but the dude is like, "Nah son, I'm tryina smash that other unknown hot chick," but his friends are telling him how whack he is cause the first girl is like a 15/10 (even though the second one is still 10/10) but he knows the first is a dead fish so he's kinda just like, "Why should I do that again? Although she is like, 15/10..."

Ya know?

I ain't complainin about either one of those fights honestly.

DC being a better fight for Jones doesnt excuse the champ picking his fights. Im a DC fan but im unbias enough to know that not only does Gus deserve the fight...but its also been understood by all parties that it will take place.

DC will beat anyone in the UFC, including Cain.

Jones is playing psychological warfare. He's agitating and confusing his inevitable future opponents.

If DC is such a dangerous opponent then Alex should have gotten to fight him instead of Manuwa. Considering Gus dominated lenghty periods of the first match against the Champion, without a doubt he should have gotten a rematch immedietly if there was a lack of contenders, now instead he had to wait for Jones to fight Glover who didn't manage to threaten the champ at all.

Just let Alex fight for the title, it will help grow the sport in a market that still has alot of untapped potential, having a champion would be huge for northern europe. And DC's most challenging fight at lightheavyweight is Henderson who has a close fight against a bunch of guys who are not championshiplevel. It proved nothing.

And for all you people acting like DC getting wins at heavyweight is a huge deal, he won both fights in the UFC by decision didn't he? Are you really surprised a lightheavyweightspeed wrestler of DC's calibre is able to outpoint big slowmoving heavyweights? obviously he isn't gonna get lay'n'pray'd which means all he has to do is outstrike his opponent to defeat the big boys at heavyweight.:(

Cormier is a more compelling fight because he's undefeated and we haven't already seen them fight. But DC didn't look ready for Jones imo.

If DC is such a dangerous opponent then Alex should have gotten to fight him instead of Manuwa.(

That seems like the opposite of what the UFC wanted. Is anybody denying that Manuwa was essentially a placeholder for the rematch?

I don't understand the inordinate amount of shit JBJ is getting for wanting to fight Cormier next.

DC is at least the challenge that Gus is. And at least as interesting as a rematch with Gus is.Personally, this is the fight I want to see next.

DC is undefeated, at HW and at LHW.

How is this an easier fight for JBJ? How can you duck someone if the person you are fighting is of this caliber.

JBJ defeated Gus. It was a great fight, a close fight, but JBJ showed his champion fiber in this fight, rallying to win the championship rounds and thus the fight.

Cormier is a very real threat to JBJ's belt. The fact that JBJ wants to fight him makes me respect him more not less.

Gus will get another shot at the title. He deserves it. But acting like JBJ is ducking him is absurd. It's not like JBJ wants to fight Bader instead of Gus.

Cormier is, imo, going to be the biggest challenge JBJ has faced yet, and I applaud him stepping right into this fight.

Gus beat the shit out of jones, sent him to the hospital on a stretcher, while jones won by points in the mma match, he got his ass handed to him, so to say DC is a tougher fight is completely opinionated. We know the challenege Gus brings to the table and we know jones has amazing wrestling and uses his reach to his fullest potential, making mew think the DC fight would be a way easier fight then the gus fight

That seems like the opposite of what the UFC wanted. Is anybody denying that Manuwa was essentially a placeholder for the rematch?

undefeated striker that was running thru the 205 division that took the fight on short notice, I was happy with the gus manuwa fight, and the more we see from manuwa I think the more people will appreciate the way gus finished him

I don't understand the inordinate amount of shit JBJ is getting for wanting to fight Cormier next.

DC is at least the challenge that Gus is. And at least as interesting as a rematch with Gus is.Personally, this is the fight I want to see next.

DC is undefeated, at HW and at LHW.

How is this an easier fight for JBJ? How can you duck someone if the person you are fighting is of this caliber.

JBJ defeated Gus. It was a great fight, a close fight, but JBJ showed his champion fiber in this fight, rallying to win the championship rounds and thus the fight.

Cormier is a very real threat to JBJ's belt. The fact that JBJ wants to fight him makes me respect him more not less.

Gus will get another shot at the title. He deserves it. But acting like JBJ is ducking him is absurd. It's not like JBJ wants to fight Bader instead of Gus.

Cormier is, imo, going to be the biggest challenge JBJ has faced yet, and I applaud him stepping right into this fight.

how long have you been training at jackson's for?

Cormier is a more compelling fight because he's undefeated and we haven't already seen them fight. But DC didn't look ready for Jones imo.

dc is good, perhaps even great, and is undefeated, but beating a starbucks employee fails in comparison to pushing the champ to his limits and in many opinions beat the champ.

Win or lose, Jones vs Cormier first, sets up three LHWs for a title war.

If Jones beats Gus next, even if it's close, Gus vs Jones III is a long way away. The UFC can't sell Gus vs Cormier unless both guys have been beaten by Jones.

It's not about what the UFC wanted, it's about giving Gus a chance to knock down the right contender to get a new shot at the title, that's what Alex wanted and that's what all the fans wanted prior to his first fight after the championshipbout.

If Manuwa wasn't it, according to all of you DC promoters, and Henderson was actually the guy to beat for a titleshot, then Alex should have gotten to fight Hendo.

The UFC changing their minds at this point and skipping over Gustafsson not just for Glover but for DC aswell, that really rings of disrespect after the performance that Gus put on against Jones.

It's not about what the UFC wanted, it's about giving Gus a chance to knock down the right contender to get a new shot at the title, that's what Alex wanted and that's what all the fans wanted prior to his first fight after the championshipbout.

If Manuwa wasn't it, according to all of you DC promoters, and Henderson was actually the guy to beat for a titleshot, then Alex should have gotten to fight Hendo.

The UFC changing their minds at this point and skipping over Gustafsson not just for Glover but for DC aswell, that really rings of disrespect after the performance that Gus put on against Jones.

Yeah exactly, it would be tough on gus for sure
And personally I think manuwa is a better win right now then a 44 year old hendo who had to fight his first fight off of TRT

Back