Cormier is a better fight than Gus

trident

Water Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I don't understand the inordinate amount of shit JBJ is getting for wanting to fight Cormier next.

DC is at least the challenge that Gus is. And at least as interesting as a rematch with Gus is.Personally, this is the fight I want to see next.

DC is undefeated, at HW and at LHW.

How is this an easier fight for JBJ? How can you duck someone if the person you are fighting is of this caliber.

JBJ defeated Gus. It was a great fight, a close fight, but JBJ showed his champion fiber in this fight, rallying to win the championship rounds and thus the fight.

Cormier is a very real threat to JBJ's belt. The fact that JBJ wants to fight him makes me respect him more not less.

Gus will get another shot at the title. He deserves it. But acting like JBJ is ducking him is absurd. It's not like JBJ wants to fight Bader instead of Gus.

Cormier is, imo, going to be the biggest challenge JBJ has faced yet, and I applaud him stepping right into this fight.

Imo Jon asked for the DC fight knowing that Dana and his boys wouldnt give that fight to him.

Such a power move from Jon

Cormier is taking the belt from whoever is holding it after Jones VS Gus 2.

Cormier is taking the belt from whoever is holding it after Jones VS Gus 2.

Possibly. He's a badass. But he will also be a 36 year old coming off of what might be major knee surgery. Would you put significant money on it?

It's true and we should be praising jones not condemning him for wanting a tougher fight. In no world or universe does Danielle Cormier ever get anaconda choked by Phil Davis, it would never happen. That proves DC is better than Gus and Jones rightfully wants that challenge and not a retread of someone he has already beaten.

I don't know why this stuff seems so hard to figure out for you people. DC is theoretically the better fighter but we don't know that. Also Jones scuffed DC off multiple times and now he's saying he wants DC. This isn't about what fighter is better it's about the champ contradicting himself and trying to not fight the guy who almost beat him. If Jones wasn't scared he would fight Gus easy as that. Also I would not want to watch an injured DC step into the octagon stop being fickle. I want a 90% or 100% DC to step in.

There's more money in the Gus fight. They've already started promoting the Gus fight. The Gus fight is happening.

Lol I love how Jones fans went from discreding Cormier a week ago saying beating a barista and father time doesnt earn you a shot, and now they are doing a complete 180 because Jones is ducking Gus rematch.

You guys are hilarious.

P.s. dc is injured and if he gets knee surgery, he'll be out for months. This whole thing is stupid and a waste of our time.

Imo Jon asked for the DC fight knowing that Dana and his boys wouldnt give that fight to him.

Such a power move from Jon

But how would he know that?

Jones feelings on the matter aside, I honestly don't understand why the UFC isn't pushing for a Jones/Cormier fight, considering how long DC has been calling out Jones, and the fact that DC has much longer been "the guy" to beat Jones in the eyes of most fans. Does anyone remember a year ago when the popular drumbeat was "Gus is an easy fight/he doesn't deserve a shot?" "Jones wants no part of Cormier!"

Hell, my only question of Cormier ever has been if he could make weight at 205. He's done it twice now. He's undefeated, has beaten lots of very big names, and is legitimately the biggest threat in 2 different weight-classes. He's more deserving of a title shot than anyone else on the planet in any division.

If I was match-maker, I'd want to put DC in there next and let Gus have at least one more fight to make for a better build up to a rematch. Makes perfect sense to me. There are too many damn rematches happening at way too frequent intervals already in this sport.

The bizarrely out of proportion outrage over Jones asking for Cormier has turned into some weird inexplicable circus for no good reason that I can tell.

Jones feelings on the matter aside, I honestly don't understand why the UFC isn't pushing for a Jones/Cormier fight, considering how long DC has been calling out Jones, and the fact that DC has much longer been "the guy" to beat Jones in the eyes of most fans. Does anyone remember a year ago when the popular drumbeat was "Gus is an easy fight/he doesn't deserve a shot?" "Jones wants no part of Cormier!"

Hell, my only question of Cormier ever has been if he could make weight at 205. He's done it twice now. He's undefeated, has beaten lots of very big names, and is legitimately the biggest threat in 2 different weight-classes. He's more deserving of a title shot than anyone else on the planet in any division.

If I was match-maker, I'd want to put DC in there next and let Gus have at least one more fight to make for a better build up to a rematch. Makes perfect sense to me. There are too many damn rematches happening at way too frequent intervals already in this sport.

The bizarrely out of proportion outrage over Jones asking for Cormier has turned into some weird inexplicable circus for no good reason that I can tell.

http://www.cagepotato.com/daniel-co...ore-ufc-173-still-whooped-dan-hendersons-ass/

now go edit your posts.

http://m.espn.go.com/extra/mma/stor...f":"http://www.thescore.com/mma/news/449216"}

He gave his word Gus was next. He can own up to it. Only women and boys break their word.

I'm happy with either fight. Both equally compelling as far as I'm concerned.

DC is an easy fight for Jones. Jones will once again use his massive reach to keep him at bay. He will be able to stuff his takedowns cause they will be coming from the other side of the cage. And if it does get to the clinch, Jones will be just fine.

Jones wants DC because even if Jones loses, he's very unlikely to get punched in the face 100 times. Gus messed him up pretty good, physically and mentally.

I don't know about all that TS, Husks damn tough, so is Cormier. Lets just see if the two ever meet in the cage, it'll make for one awesome fight

I don't understand the inordinate amount of shit JBJ is getting for wanting to fight Cormier next.

DC is at least the challenge that Gus is. And at least as interesting as a rematch with Gus is.Personally, this is the fight I want to see next.

How is this an easier fight for JBJ? How can you duck someone if the person you are fighting is of this caliber.

JBJ defeated Gus. It was a great fight, a close fight, but JBJ showed his champion fiber in this fight, rallying to win the championship rounds and thus the fight.

Cormier is a very real threat to JBJ's belt. The fact that JBJ wants to fight him makes me respect him more not less.

Gus will get another shot at the title. He deserves it. But acting like JBJ is ducking him is absurd. It's not like JBJ wants to fight Bader instead of Gus.

Cormier is, imo, going to be the biggest challenge JBJ has faced yet, and I applaud him stepping right into this fight.

I'm with you.

How can a man, undefeated, as good on paper as Cormier, can be a stepdown from Gus? When Gus was about to fight Jones, alot of people were writing him off, like he was a can. For myself I thought he was not ready and a bit too green for Jon. He proved us wrong, with a sublime performance, in one of the best fight of the year. Jon won that fight, alot of people were mad at the decision, but it is what it is. Now Cormier is undefeated, olympic wrestler, former champ, went through all the comp he faced, he is as good if not a better challenge than Gus imo.

Gus will have his rematch or his title fight very soon. Maybe Jon is ''ducking'' Gus, but not to fight a lesser opponent, that is nonsense :p

I agree, but Gus deserves another day in court, he earned it with the first fight.

Well, Jones seems to disagree with you. Why else woud he say no to the biggest ppv-fight of the year if he thinks Gus is easier opponent than Cormier. :icon_chee

He is ducking Gus because Gus beat him up last time. Its ridiculous how people are desperately trying to pretend thats not the case. This is one of the most obvious duckings in the history of the sport.

Cormier is more intruiging because he hasnt fought Jones yet. Nothing against Gus, but rematches never have the same excitement for me, no matter the hype.

You think he should be praised for wanting to hurry up and fight Cormier while his knee is injured instead of fighting the guy who beat him up? Why not just fight Gus now, like the company and the fans want him to, and then get Cormier when he's 100% if it's really just about the challenge?

Back