Cormier: I was winning the 3rd until the accidental eye poke

Seriously. You would think posters here would learn from previous troll posts how easily quotes can be manipulated/taken out of context but they continue to play the role of sheep. You don't even have to watch the entire interview people.

I also find it funny that the only two exclusive DC interviews on the topic page (this & "I needed the extra push from Cain.") are both misrepresented quotes taken out of context. A bunch of Jones fanboys trying to defer the negative attention away from him perhaps? Either way, DC could've totally roasted Jones at this point but has mentioned NOTHING about Jon's current situation and has fully accepted Jones as being the better fighter that night.

I can't link not working.

I would've thought it'd be an easy 48-47. Not 49-46

A lot of people saw round 3 differently it was a close one. I personally didn't bother scoring it cause it was to close and it's hard for me to judge fights when I'm watching them live like that.

I did download the fight cause I want to watch it again.

I noted the same. To be fair to what DC may be speaking to (just me using conjecture) maybe that poke and rest was the first moment where he noticed "Oh s#it, I'm tired."

I know I've had trianing sessions where 5 rounds into striking I'm feeling really good. Then the timer goes off, I take my one-minute break and a big breath..... and I realize I'm hitting a wall. I've learned from that that I have to keep light shadowboxing and moving even at the break once I get past about 35minutes of striking. Unfortunately in an MMA fight you can't sit there shadowboxing at a ref/doctor :icon_chee

Edit: Also, everyone complaining about class. Listen to the interview.

King Mo actually said something very similar about the eye poke. That it probably didn't affect DC the way we think but did affect him because it killed his momentum.

He said it's basically like running 10 miles when you get your second wind and you start going your fine but if you trip and fall your not going to get up and be the same.

Liar considering dude lost the first round...

That and the body shots definitely didn't accelerate his gassing... Dude had little in the tank after round 2 and was completely gassed after round 3.

Go back to fighting baristas on short notice 3 round fights.

Do you even train? Body shots are the literally one of the best ways to get your opponent to gas in the later rounds. Knees to the body are absolutely brutal on cardio & composure. DC was already suspect to body shots after the Mir fight anyways, Jones just proved he could wear DC out quick with them. The brutal knee in the first with the follow up body shots is what had DC already gassing in the 3rd, mind you that DC went 5 round with Barnett (which he dominated)in his first 5 rounder.

"Go back to fighting baristas" lol he ko'd a heavy weight with an uppercut that even hunt couldn't put away in 5 rounds. HE was ready and training for Evans before Evans pulled out due to injury. Not his fault UFC wanted to save the card by bringing in a nobody. You act like he makes these decisions.

"That and the body shots definitely didn't accelerate his gassing" This right here shows how much you know. Shit before DC said anything, us who train could obviously tell that the body shots had an effect in the later rounds.

Ive felt it and dealt it personally, body shots fuck cardio more than any other strike. Especially an unpadded knee from fucking Jon Jones being penetrated into your internal organs.

Have your friend knee you in the body as hard as he can, let you recoup for a few min, then let him throw a bunch of unblocked punches to the same area he knee'd. After that try to bounce around shadow boxing a few min and see how shitty you do, thats what DC had to deal with but with the p4p killer right in front of him.

Seriously. You would think posters here would learn from previous troll posts how easily quotes can be manipulated/taken out of context but they continue to play the role of sheep. You don't even have to watch the entire interview people.

I also find it funny that the only two exclusive DC interviews on the topic page (this & "I needed the extra push from Cain.") are both misrepresented quotes taken out of context. A bunch of Jones fanboys trying to defer the negative attention away from him perhaps? Either way, DC could've totally roasted Jones at this point but has mentioned NOTHING about Jon's current situation and has fully accepted Jones as being the better fighter that night.

Agreed on all accounts.

Sore loser, he was mentally defeated ater that 3rd round, his shit cardio and overhyped wrasslin' skills are why he lost.
Jones didn't even try to stay on the outside and pick him apart, he went into DC's world and beat at his own game.

Comier needs to go back to HW...where the competition is a lil easier.

DC lost 4-1 to a better fighter. And if he wants to go down that road again he likely won't make it to round 5 now that Jones knows him.

Everybody move along now /thread.

Cmon DC. Stay classy guy. You gassed bro. I was cheering for you to break Bones.

Yup, he gassed. With his wrestling background, I didn't expect him to gas so easily. Wrestlers generally have pretty amazing cardio, because they've been doing it since grade school.

DC is very salty for the loss to Jones, but the POS cocaine test has helped ease his pain a bit.

I think most people were waiting for DC to break Jones, just never happened.

Jones is truly a great fighter. Would have loved an Anderson Silva, Jon Jones fight. Its too late for that now though.

Liar considering dude lost the first round...

That and the body shots definitely didn't accelerate his gassing... Dude had little in the tank after round 2 and was completely gassed after round 3.

Go back to fighting baristas on short notice 3 round fights.

Lmao always hilarious to see Shertards trying to trash talk actual fighters

Sore loser, he was mentally defeated ater that 3rd round, his shit cardio and overhyped wrasslin' skills are why he lost.
Jones didn't even try to stay on the outside and pick him apart, he went into DC's world and beat at his own game.

You're right, Jones beat DC at his own game. Clinch game, cage game, wresting game.

I don't know what DC does now. It would take at least 3 or 4 fights before he gets another title shot at Lightweight. If he went back to heavyweight, he would have to bank on Cain being hurt for an extended period of time (which is possible) to have any shot at the title there.

He's kind of a lost soul at the moment.

Hmm .. Unless Gus beats Jones, but then even after that, Jones would get an immediate title shot and win the title back.

Jones also received multiple warnings for holding inside the gloves and grabbed the top of the fence in the 5th round during Cormier's takedown. DC is remaining very classy considering the monumental amount of liberties Jone's takes with foul territory in the cage. The eye poke broke his rhythm and he can see that now rewatching the fight from an outside perspective.

It is true, he was winning that round until the eye poke.

He should be allowed to say that stuff...there's nothing wrong. A poke in the eye hurt a lot! good for him!

Maybe you should watch the video then. I love how ppl pass judgement based on one line without watching or listening to rest of the stuff the guy said.

How's that Jones dick taste? Coca-ey enough for u?

Its this new generation of dorks that want to be the first to "expose" something incriminating about athletes and celebrities.

and here's one of them ^^^

Back