Cormier: I was winning the 3rd until the accidental eye poke

Nothing unclassy about what he said, jesus christ people, listen to the fucking interview.

Daniel Dos Cormier? Here come the excuses. First I needed Cain to push me now the eye poke changed the entire fight.

I don't really remember. He definitely won the first, arguably lost the first.
So I can see why he might feel that while he's in the moment.

DC was fading and gassing like a MF when the poke happened. I commented to a friend at the time that it actually looked like it gave him a much needed breather.

In hindsight ... DC should have taken his full 5 mins after the eye poke.

DC was fading and gassing like a MF when the poke happened. I commented to a friend at the time that it actually looked like it gave him a much needed breather.

Not only that it wasn't an eye poke. An eye poke is with the tips of the fingers in the eye. It was a brush of the eye with the flat part of the hand and DC's eye wasn't even open. I challenge anyone to post a gif of Bones fingertips poking DC in his eye, didn't happen.

Nothing unclassy about what he said, jesus christ people, listen to the fucking interview.

I think they are just reading the topic and replying.

I thought I made it clear enough that he didn't directly use it as an excuse.

I thought he would keep being classy.

Anyway, he would still lose the fight, since round 1, 4 (momentum shift) and 5 were for Jon Jones.

He was just pointing something out that was true. Guess he's not 'classy' now in your little sensitive world haha

He's been doing some reading hehehe.

55edbcaefce18efb16d30b52401d29f4.jpg

DC Feels he won 2,3 with 5 being a draw, I agree

the fight was very close

Seriously. You would think posters here would learn from previous troll posts how easily quotes can be manipulated/taken out of context but they continue to play the role of sheep. You don't even have to watch the entire interview people.

I also find it funny that the only two exclusive DC interviews on the topic page (this & "I needed the extra push from Cain.") are both misrepresented quotes taken out of context. A bunch of Jones fanboys trying to defer the negative attention away from him perhaps? Either way, DC could've totally roasted Jones at this point but has mentioned NOTHING about Jon's current situation and has fully accepted Jones as being the better fighter that night.

I noted the same. To be fair to what DC may be speaking to (just me using conjecture) maybe that poke and rest was the first moment where he noticed "Oh s#it, I'm tired."

I know I've had trianing sessions where 5 rounds into striking I'm feeling really good. Then the timer goes off, I take my one-minute break and a big breath..... and I realize I'm hitting a wall. I've learned from that that I have to keep light shadowboxing and moving even at the break once I get past about 35minutes of striking. Unfortunately in an MMA fight you can't sit there shadowboxing at a ref/doctor :icon_chee

Edit: Also, everyone complaining about class. Listen to the interview.

I would've thought it'd be an easy 48-47. Not 49-46

I also had 48-47. These judges really do suck. I mean, it was obvious Jones won but come on. MMA judging is even light years behind boxing judging, and the ladder is far from perfect which says a lot.

That was no poke it was barely a eye graze on his closed eye lid it looked to me. DC got overwhelmed all Jon does is 5 rounders now, he has no choice. DC needs to tighten up that core because I would be telling fighter that's your attack focus; you dig in there everything else will follow.

Clickbait title to be honest...

He doesn't really imply anything, just saying that h likely won the 3rd in his opinion.

He doesn't fully blame the momentum switch on it ... but it seems implied a bit.

[YT]watch?v=txRXHjfuaZk[/YT]

He lost but it did look that way.

Disclaimer I had a few beers while watching.

Back