Cormier: I was winning the 3rd until the accidental eye poke

OmegaRugal

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
He doesn't fully blame the momentum switch on it ... but it seems implied a bit.

[YT]watch?v=txRXHjfuaZk[/YT]

Cmon DC. Stay classy guy. You gassed bro. I was cheering for you to break Bones.

When Kenny first opened his mouth, that energy he had..there was something to it. It's like he subliminally said "Hey DC, I know how you feel about fighting for the title and lose. Been there before bro.."

DC had some honest words. He made no excuses and like he said..he doesn't know what goes on during the fight. It's something he felt only during the fight. But looking back, he knows what he did wrong, analyzed it and accepted it.

Still won the 3rd according to one or two judges.

49-46 is still odd.

Liar considering dude lost the first round...

That and the body shots definitely didn't accelerate his gassing... Dude had little in the tank after round 2 and was completely gassed after round 3.

Go back to fighting baristas on short notice 3 round fights.

I don't disagree. Moments after the poke, jones caught him with a kick to the body which probably contributed greatly to dc slowing down.

Dc needs to hire a professional pharmacist like Jones did.

Yeah I felt that way at the time as well, wasn't huge in the long run though.

And won the second and had momentum on his side.

DC can't compete with potential steroids, cocaine and eyepokes. The odds are simply too heavily stacked against him.

dc shoulda abandoned kicks, abandoned grappling, and just started throwing bombs.

dc shoulda abandoned kicks, abandoned grappling, and just started throwing bombs.

His left jab was very efficient and connected a lot to Jones on the offense and defense.

I've been saying that since day 1. The eye pokes changed the fight.

That and the body shots definitely didn't accelerate his gassing... Dude had little in the tank after round 2 and was completely gassed after round 3.

he said he was winning the round, not the fight so that first sentence is an irrelevant statement

He had a point. I thought he won the 2nd and even the third. After the eye poke he slowed down but I thought he did enough to win the round.

He admits that ... said he started to win at the end of the 1st. Won the 2nd and was doing great in the 3rd until the eye poke.

His ribs were already hurting.

After the eye poke ... the very first action that happened was them starting at a distance and Jones lands a powerful body kick thanks to that new distance he got post eye poke.

Maybe it didn't affect the outcome ... but you can't say for sure it didn't hurt DC at all.

The break in the action saved Jones from the pressure he was dealing with at the time.

The break allowed Jones to land one of the best body shots of the night immediately afterwards.

The wrist grabbing started after the eye poke as well ... very possible that during the break ... Jones was able to think about what to do to change his fortunes (or his corner yelled at him) vs What DC has been successful at doing in rounds 2 and 3 up to that point.

It is far easy to think when you are not fighting than when you are fighting.

So lets say hypothetically DC wins the 3rd round ... it kinda changes how you go about the 5th round.

So honestly ... no one knows how much or how little impact the eye poke happened. But what we do know is it certainly didn't do DC any favors and it might have possibly done Jones a huge favor.

Convincing himself he can beat jones .. is normal

He admits that ... said he started to win at the end of the 1st. Won the 2nd and was doing great in the 3rd until the eye poke.

His ribs were already hurting.

After the eye poke ... the very first action that happened was them starting at a distance and Jones lands a powerful body kick thanks to that new distance he got post eye poke.

Maybe it didn't affect the outcome ... but you can't say for sure it didn't hurt DC at all.

The break in the action saved Jones from the pressure he was dealing with at the time.

The break allowed Jones to land one of the best body shots of the night immediately afterwards.

The wrist grabbing started after the eye poke as well ... very possible that during the break ... Jones was able to think about what to do to change his fortunes (or his corner yelled at him) vs What DC has been successful at doing in rounds 2 and 3 up to that point.

It is far easy to think when you are not fighting than when you are fighting.

So lets say hypothetically DC wins the 3rd round ... it kinda changes how you go about the 5th round.

So honestly ... no one knows how much or how little impact the eye poke happened. But what we do know is it certainly didn't do DC any favors and it might have possibly done Jones a huge favor.

Bingo

Back