Cormier: "I plan on giving him what Gustafsson gave him times 10"

So what if DC cried in practice or after you lose a match? A lot of wrestlers do that, I've gotton really upset before when I lost my last loss.

So what if DC cried in practice or after you lose a match? A lot of wrestlers do that, I've gotton really upset before in my 2nd loss.

i am very curious to see which of these Titans will be able to establish dominance.

The best part is, I have no idea what is going to happen.

Exactly, Jones' ability to stay at range is so overrated because of the guys he's fought. Cormier will be able to close the distance whenever he wants to.

You're clueless, his ability to stay at range is so great because he's never minded if his opponent got in close. Because then he'd just throw them, or time a counter.

There's nothing that says he wont do the same to Cormier, we may well see Cormier get fooled by a kick or a punch, only to run in and get caught with a folding elbow.

Jones is champ for a reason and if you're really so convinced DC will win, do yourself a favor and don't bet the house.

You're clueless, his ability to stay at range is so great because he's never minded if his opponent got in close. Because then he'd just throw them, or time a counter.

There's nothing that says he wont do the same to Cormier, we may well see Cormier get fooled by a kick or a punch, only to run in and get caught with a folding elbow.

Jones is champ for a reason and if you're really so convinced DC will win, do yourself a favor and don't bet the house.

Lol, well I guess you'll see tonight. The bold part makes absolutely no sense. The reason he's able to stay at range is because the people he has fought were content to stay at range.

Last edited:
Gus was moving around a lot. The elbow had more to do with him always ducking to the same side than slowing down.

And something about even a blind squirrel finding a nut every once in a while.

Throw enough shit on the while, some of it is bound to stick.

Cormier sense he's gonna lose. There is no such thing as 10 times the damage taken from Gus. It's not possible. Period.

So what if DC cried in practice or after you lose a match? A lot of wrestlers do that, I've gotton really upset before when I lost my last loss.

It was right around when his kid died I think. 100% understand and 100% a complete and utter dickheid move on Cummings's part to bring that up.

Cormier will not survive 5 rounds, Jones will break him after a few rounds of elbows, kicks to the (already damaged) knee and legs, and just a generally malicious and constant attack.

I was referring to all the stuff DC talks about. Watching the countdown shows DC says alot, jones and his coaches were in a hotel room on one of them watching an episode and they caught something DC said and started talking about it.

I know, it doesn't matter at this point. Even Jones knows there's only 1 way to beat him, and that's by getting in his face, and beating his ass.

But I get where you're coming from. The small details that might make a difference.

I used to think you were a bad person for having double yellows, but now I know how easy they are to get. Sigh.

I always thought it was part of the avatar, didnt realize double yellows was an actual punishment on this forum. Lol. I think I got something like that once but didn't realize what it was.

Edit: I received a 1 point infraction a couple years ago. Not sure if its the same or not.

Cormier will not survive 5 rounds, Jones will break him after a few rounds of elbows, kicks to the (already damaged) knee and legs, and just a generally malicious and constant attack.

Jones physically breaking DC is a possibility. But one thing in this fight I can count on is Cormier NOT mentally breaking.

Gus is better striker in every way than cormier

True, true. But this isn't boxing or k1, so cormier's grappling ability will make his striking more dangerous and effective due to his ability to get inside on jones, make jones have to worry about the td, and being able to defend jones's td's, which is what made most of the previous challengers so tentative, like deer in the headlights.

It was right around when his kid died I think. 100% understand and 100% a complete and utter dickheid move on Cummings's part to bring that up.

You sure if that's true? Idk but if true that's severely fucked up. That's SO fucked up that I have a hard time believing anyone would do that publicly.

But, stranger things have happened.

Lol, well I guess you'll see tonight. The bold part makes absolutely no sense. The reason he's able to stay at range is because the people he has fought were content to stay at range.

If you check out how he's evolved from his first fight in the UFC you'll see what I'm talking about.

His whole game revolves around him loving it if you push to get inside, that's where he threw Matt Hamill to dislocate his shoulders, it's where he took down vera, shogun etc.

Look at what happened to Machida who is an expert at choosing when to close the distance, he got caught by a punch , taken down, cut up and choked out. Due to a counter when he tried a blitz.

But like Jack Slack has been writing, it's wrong to think that if you constantly attack you're giving a counterfighter as many opportunities to counter as he wants, instead it forces him to tire himself out trying to counter and makes him hesitant since he can counter all the time, but can't afford to bite at every corner.

Well whatever, enjoy the fight tonight! but saying Cormier will close the distance whenever he wants is abit much. That was really my point.

what Daniel has going for him is hes a realist about jon he knows exactly what jon needs to do to win and he knows exactly what he needs to do to have a shot at john
Daniel isn't gonna stand on the outside like a deer in headlights waiting for a opportunity hes gonna make them and hopefully get the w

Back