Cormier: "I plan on giving him what Gustafsson gave him times 10"

interesting that cormier said on the sonnen podcast, video below, about how he learned with the sonnen fight , and i was watching, sonnen closed the distance with not that much trouble, but yeah got fucked in the clinch and took a beating on the ground

but cormier is a much better fighter, much better wrestler, so i think we're in for an interesting fight, i hope

[YT]KEtYW_NRRRY[/YT]

Not only is he much better, he's not a MW, and he's OX strong. Huge difference.

in a month they will be gone and Ill make threads again.

sorry ts

nsh.gif

I'm sure DC realizes jones listens to all this stuff to gauge DC's game plan and adjust his right? Maybe he wants jon to know.

As soon as the fight was signed, he knew the only way for DC to beat him was by attacking, attacking, and attacking. Nothing new. That's pretty much the only way to beat Jones, and he knows it. The thing is, he now knows he's facing a guy that can actually attack, and do something back to him in the clinch.

interesting that cormier said on the sonnen podcast, video below, about how he learned with the sonnen fight , and i was watching, sonnen closed the distance with not that much trouble, but yeah got fucked in the clinch and took a beating on the ground

but cormier is a much better fighter, much better wrestler, so i think we're in for an interesting fight, i hope

[YT]KEtYW_NRRRY[/YT]

Ya, I remember Chael getting in easily too. I only saw the fight once though when it was on live. I need to go back and rewatch it. Tonight he'll be using his oblique kicks like toilet paper though, which could stifle DC a bit. We'll see. I do know that when DC does get in he'll very likely throw him around.

How is Cormier going to give the win to Jones x 10? That will be interesting.

As soon as the fight was signed, he knew the only way for DC to beat him was by attacking, attacking, and attacking. Nothing new. That's pretty much the only way to beat Jones, and he knows it. The thing is, he now knows he's facing a guy that can actually attack, and do something back to him in the clinch.

I was referring to all the stuff DC talks about. Watching the countdown shows DC says alot, jones and his coaches were in a hotel room on one of them watching an episode and they caught something DC said and started talking about it.

Ya, I remember Chael getting in easily too. I only saw the fight once though when it was on live. I need to go back and rewatch it. Tonight he'll be using his oblique kicks like toilet paper though, which could stifle DC a bit. We'll see. I do know that when DC does get in he'll very likely throw him around.

isn't kicking a wrestler of DC's caliber like asking to get taken down though?

Myth. pettis, anderson, machida allkick well against wrestlers. granted they are some of the best kickers around........

Well lets all hope he has that reach figured out. Thats the main thing,second is jones throws stuff at people that isn't seen very often so its hard to train for it. Its also hard to train for a wrestler like DC. DC obviously has tons of strength to be able to throw barnett and hendo around like that.

That's the interesting factor from both sides....not having anyone to train with them that can emulate 1. JBJ's unique striking style & 2. DC's brute strength and high caliber wrestling

Not when you're kicking to his lower thigh, around his kneecaps, as he's trying to rush or blitz in. Most fighters can safely throw a front snap kick or teep too (to the chin/face) because it comes quick, right down the middle and high. They won't have an easy time catching those either. If Jon just threw mid level kicks to the side of DC's body then that'd be fodder for catching, but he won't do that.

I'm sure DC realizes jones listens to all this stuff to gauge DC's game plan and adjust his right? Maybe he wants jon to know.

yeah its not like this interview is like 2 weeks ago, and not that this was kinda the obvious dc gameplan. dc cant be at jj's striking range cause it would be ugly for dc being the short guy he is

Not only is he much better, he's not a MW, and he's OX strong. Huge difference.

yeah lets hope for a good fight

yeah im hoping for some amazing dc takedowns

DC will not be able to keep that pace for 5 rounds. As soon as Gus slowed down, he got hit by a big elbow which changed the fight momentum. And I do not believe DC's cardio is even on Gus' level in a high pressure fight.

If DC gasses I'll be shocked

DC will not be able to keep that pace for 5 rounds. As soon as Gus slowed down, he got hit by a big elbow which changed the fight momentum. And I do not believe DC's cardio is even on Gus' level in a high pressure fight.

if dc is able to dictate the pace of the fight by taking jones down throughout, it's going to be jones who will gas faster, and the fight won't need to go five rounds. that's why i give cormier a great chance. i don't see jones keeping dc at bay, and jones will gas badly.

i'm sticking with what i've been saying: dc is going to force jones to carry his weight throughout, and jones will eventually wilt in the fourth and get tko'd.

This fight is going to end via tko (leg injury, acl tear) in the 3rd. Jones retains the belt. Seriously, jones is the best in the world at controlling range and taking the fight where HE wants it. Corimer gets zero takedowns and its a cakewalk for jones

He will realize soon that he's no Gustaffson..

That reality check :)

Jones is a master at range when they stand still in front of him.

Exactly, Jones' ability to stay at range is so overrated because of the guys he's fought. Cormier will be able to close the distance whenever he wants to.

Back