Cormier : How he escaped the Mir curse, pro move by DC

The Mir curse may not affect DC for two possible reasons

1) DC did not FINISH Mir like those before him (JDS,Carwin,)
2) DC is not the most recent fighter to beat Frank Mir (Barnett)

The curse only affects the most recent fighter to finish Mir (see Lesnar vs. Carwin)
Carwin beat Mir more recently then Brock had

true but because 2 Mir victims faced off,it ended both of there careers neither would win again after the squared off.

If DC beats Nelson, bet the house on Browne beating Barnett...

Please Sherdog and go on post more stuff like this like cursed ufc poster i love it

Mir needs to retire.

I don't know how Dana can force Chuck to retire but allow this guy to be put to sleep so many times by 240+ pound men. He's probably one of the fighters with the most losses in the UFC still actively competing and most of those losses are by KO.

DC is one smart fella to be aware of the curse's loophole.

If DC beats Nelson, bet the house on Browne beating Barnett...

How you came to this conclusion is beyond me.

DC gonna stomp Roy. Then Jones. Then glory.

Things wrong with your statement here:
a) If the curse only affects the most recent fighter to beat Mir,why did Lesnar win the fight against Carwin?
_
b) It has nothing to do with who was the most recent or w/e, the Lesnar-Carwin fight was a paradox as they were both coming off a win against Mir and then fighting each other in their next fight, someone had to lose... So the Mir Curse improvised by having Lesnar beat to a pulp in the first round, only to have Carwin then lose in the second..
Once this paradox was settled, the Curse went right back to destroying both of their careers

This is gold.

How you came to this conclusion is beyond me.

DC gonna stomp Roy. Then Jones. Then glory.

Because if DC beats Nelson, then the Mir Curse is now on Barnett,duuhh

There is no escape. There is no solution. The Mir curse will have it's way with DC and there is nothing he can do about it.

As you all know people get f*cked up bad after beating Frank Mir.

Frank makes them pay with his black magic.

001.jpg

002.jpg

The thing about his magic is, it is used for revenge. Revenge on people who knocks Frank Mir out. He knocks their carreers out.

1_20120527010002467_660_320.JPG

Since Cormier didn't knock out Frank Mir, unlike Franks other 6(soon to be 7) rivals, the curse does not affect him. Cormier was on the edge of losing his carreer, but now he might actually have a chance, a chance gained by not knocking out Frank Mir.

If you were thinking about betting on Roy because of the Mir curse, you might wanna think again!

2z5jja1.gif

Good pics, but I still want Frank's head shooped onto Papa Shango

If Cormier defeats Big Country due to the 'decision', the curse will be lifted and Barnett will also then be free of the curse. But is Cormier really the cure of the curse?

The problem is that we have only seen the otherworldly effectiveness of the Frank Mir curse called into question when Mir's two losses had to fight each other. Barring the rare occurrence of a draw, something had to give.

Mystics have explained to us that the reason the curse affected Carwin and not Brock was because Carwin was the most recent of Mir's losses leading up to UFC 116.

However numerous oracles have seen that the forces of the netherworld were uniquely confounded by Brock's inability to finish Mir in one round like all the previous victims of the curse, so that much like how Harry Potter was saved from Lord Voldemort's curse by the sacrifice of his mother, Brock was saved from the full force of the Mir curse by Mir's resilience in UFC 100.

I am therefore convinced that the Mir curse would have been thus confounded by Cormier's inability to finish Mir in one round, and I also believe that Cormier's channeling of the dark arts via the nefarious tactic of "wall n' stall" in his win over Mir will result in quite a significant deflection of the full power of the curse, and that at best we might see Big Country land one or perhaps two overhand rights. However you can be certain that the night belongs to DC.

What this of course means is that Barnett will receive the full brunt of the Frank Mir Curse. The Curse has been long awaiting its opening to work its destructive power in our world via the medium of the Saturday night octagon cage fight. Cormier's deflection of the Curse via wall n' stall and a mere decision victory over Mir will not save Barnett from the unholy power of the netherworld: the Curse WILL NOT be stayed!

frank-mir.jpg

Last edited:
The problem is that we have only seen the otherworldly effectiveness of the Frank Mir curse called into question when Mir's two losses had to fight each other. Barring the rare occurrence of a draw, something had to give.

Mystics have explained to us that the reason the curse affected Carwin and not Brock was because Carwin was the most recent of Mir's losses leading up to UFC 116.

However numerous oracles have seen that the forces of the netherworld were uniquely confounded by Brock's inability to finish Mir in one round like all the previous victims of the curse, so that much like how Harry Potter was saved from Lord Voldemort's curse by the sacrifice of his mother, Brock was saved from the full force of the Mir curse by Mir's resilience in UFC 100.

I am therefore convinced that the Mir curse would have been thus confounded by Cormier's inability to finish Mir in one round, and I also believe that Cormier's channeling of the dark arts via the nefarious tactic of "wall n' stall" in his win over Mir will result in quite a significant deflection of the full power of the curse, and that at best we might see Big Country land one or perhaps two overhand rights. However you can be certain that the night belongs to DC.

What this of course means is that Barnett will receive the full brunt of the Frank Mir Curse. The Curse has been long awaiting its opening to work its destructive power in our world via the medium of the Saturday night octagon cage fight. Cormier's deflection of the Curse via wall n' stall and a mere decision victory over Mir will not save Barnett from the unholy power of the netherworld: the Curse WILL NOT be stayed!

frank-mir.jpg

RACIST!!!

i-got-kicked-out-of-howarts-for-using-black-magic.jpg

Things wrong with your statement here:
a) If the curse only affects the most recent fighter to beat Mir,why did Lesnar win the fight against Carwin?
_
b) It has nothing to do with who was the most recent or w/e, the Lesnar-Carwin fight was a paradox as they were both coming off a win against Mir and then fighting each other in their next fight, someone had to lose... So the Mir Curse improvised by having Lesnar beat to a pulp in the first round, only to have Carwin then lose in the second..
Once this paradox was settled, the Curse went right back to destroying both of their careers

google-image-result-for-http-cupofzup-com-wp-content-uploads-2012-04-mother-of-god-gif-09848b33-original.gif

Back