Cormier has the best clinch in the game

ShinobiKrow**

White Belt
Reaction score
he presses much bigger guys against the fence for as long as he wants without any kind of problem. He makes it look easy. That

? serious, one fight against mir and were going this route? and you dont think cormier is stronger than mir lol

He bullied Frank Mir for 3 rounds, its not that amazing.

? serious, one fight against mir and were going this route? and you dont think cormier is stronger than mir lol

whens the last time someone dominated barnett?

also the mir performance wasnt that impressive but the interesting part is cormier put him exactly where he wanted. he didnt want to go to the ground or stand in the middle of the cage where mir was trying to throw home run punches and kicks. cormier just shut him down. he also admitted his gas was horrible which affected his performance. it wasnt exciting but he completely shut mir down while gassed

whens the last time someone dominated barnett?

whens the last time he faced a ranked fighter before he fought cormier?

he dominated barnett for a 5 rd decision, but he didn't dominate him from the clinch, he threw him and beat him on the ground.

mir has been dominated from the clinch by everyone that got it there.

He dominated Barnett in the clinch, who is not only a great wrestler, but bigger and taller than him. Fran Mir is also a bigger man and was dominated like a baby. That is impressive, if you consider that Cormier isn

I found you...
I knew someone in the world got impressed by Cormier's fence-push performance.. i knew it.

But have you ever heard of Anderson Silva? Very smart guy in the clinch.. i mean, who the fucks blocks an incoming knee to the mid section with the opponents' arm ?

Silva_Bonnar_1_medium.jpg

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/6/2...hael-sonnen-thai-plum-analyzing-mma-technique
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/10/...sults-anderson-silva-Stephan-Bonnar-Judo-Chop

I wish he didn't fight so many wrestlers in a row, so that we could see more of this. The burden of being near that ufc belt, defending takedowns all day....

I found you...
I knew someone in the world got impressed by Cormier's fence-push performance.. i knew it.

But have you ever heard of Anderson Silva? Very smart guy in the clinch.. i mean, who the fucks blocks an incoming knee to the mid section with the opponents' arm ?

Silva_Bonnar_1_medium.jpg

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/6/2...hael-sonnen-thai-plum-analyzing-mma-technique
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/10/...sults-anderson-silva-Stephan-Bonnar-Judo-Chop

I wish he didn't fight so many wrestlers in a row, so that we could see more of this. The burden of being near that ufc belt, defending takedowns all day....

but its been so long since he got the ko from the clinch though..........................................

but its been so long since he got the ko from the clinch though..........................................

He did an amazing job in the clinch against Bonnar.
But of course its been so long he got the ko from the clinch, he keeps getting matched against wrestlers, where he gets really shy on the thai plum... He even had Weidman in a thai plum once, and he simply let Chris go.

Can't wait till he win/vacates that belt or loses again so he can get matched against the best strikers out there. The UFC belt is important but this feels like a waste of a 40year old talent on his last fights, always defending takedowns, Sonnen, Weidman, roided Bonnar, Okami, Maia... zzz

But of course its been so long he got the ko from the clinch, he keeps getting matched against wrestlers, where he gets really shy on the thai plum... He even had Weidman in a thai plum once, and he simply let Chris go.

Can't wait till he win/vacates that belt or loses again so he can get matched against the best strikers out there. The UFC belt is important but this feels like a waste of a 40year old talent on his last fights, always defending takedowns, Sonnen, Weidman, roided Bonnar, Okami, Maia... zzz

But this is why Anderson's striking was always somewhat overrated during his reign. He's always fought wrestler/grappler sorts other than Vitor and Hendo (and if you include pillow fisted Forrest). Other than his front kick KO of Vitor, what high level strikers has he KO'd in the UFC? Most of his highlights are him clowning on these one dimensional wrestlers. Not saying at all that he couldn't KO some top level strikers but people acted as if he had KO'd a rogue's gallery of stand up killers.

Aside from Sonnen and Weidman, what other wrestlers has Silva been matched up with? You make it sound like he's always facing top-flight wrestlers when the MW division historically has been the shallowest in wrestling talent.

Maia had absolutely no way of getting him to the ground but Silva clowned his ass off anyway.

He dominated Barnett in the clinch, who is not only a great wrestler, but bigger and taller than him. Fran Mir is also a bigger man and was dominated like a baby. That is impressive, if you consider that Cormier isn

Cormier is a super exciting prospect, especially at LHW. We haven't seen enough yet to make this judgment (best clinch game). And he didn't actually spend much time in the clinch with Barnett btw. Mostly he kept his distance and kickboxed, or put him on his back.

I still think his striking is incredibly powerful and could end up being the best part of his game.

From a pure grappling perspective, sure, but there are guys like Mizugaki, Condit, Barnett, Brown, even MM who perform really subtle, effective offensive maneuvers in the clinch that Cormier doesn't really seem to possess at this point.

mir has been dominated from the clinch by everyone that got it there.

dude, mir got wrecked by monsters like barnett and carwin in the clinch against the cage. even brock didnt do anything to him in the clinch. in fact mir kneed brock in the face

cormier shut mir down just like a couple other monsters. cormier also owned barnett which happened since when? whens the last time someone owned barnett? slammed him and beat him up? completely shut him down for the entire fight?

so other than cain who can handle themselves tied up with cormier?

carwins retired
barnett got owned badly
bigfoot? lol come on
jds?

From a pure grappling perspective, sure, but there are guys like Mizugaki, Condit, Barnett, Brown, even MM who perform really subtle, effective offensive maneuvers in the clinch that Cormier doesn't really seem to possess at this point.

p4p maybe but im pretty sure cormier owns them all in the clinch. especially barnett

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back