Cormier gives respect & support to Hendo after fight

DC seems to be very humble and down to earth. That is said of a lot of fighters but I think sometimes people confuse a quiet fighter with a humble fighter. DC really seems like he doesn't have much of an ego. Even when he's trash talking and calling out Jones it seems like an act.

I agree. DC seems like a very genuine dude that has gotten successful through hard work. Watch any video of him in which someone wishes him good will, he looks them in the eye and says "thank you very much." You can just tell he's down to earth and is a nice person.

I agree. DC seems like a very genuine dude that has gotten successful through hard work. Watch any video of him in which someone wishes him good will, he looks them in the eye and says "thank you very much." You can just tell he's down to earth and is a nice person.

Its funny how some people think he is cocky just because he wants a title shot

I dun hearrddd dat.

Youre our only hope right now DC

Exactly.

As much as I'm a fan of hendo's, I knew that DC had a better chance at getting the job done against jones.

DC is laid back respectful dude and a damn good fighter.He should be next for a title shot,something he has always endeavored!

DC has been through some serious shit in his life, but seems to always maintain a very positive attitude. Very hard not to like the guy.

Love it! DC makes me like him more and more every fight

You don't get credit for being cool to Hendo. You do it, automatically. And if you don't, everyone from the fighters to the fans will despise you. It's good that Cormier is respectful and all, but it's a given with a legend.

Popeye's is delicious and I would recommend that you get some red beans and rice along with your chicken.

And this is how you "get some fans." Jones should take note lol

You don't get credit for being cool to Hendo. You do it, automatically. And if you don't, everyone from the fighters to the fans will despise you. It's good that Cormier is respectful and all, but it's a given with a legend.

You mean like this?

bones-tweet.jpg

given with a legend my ass.

I thought it was interesting Rogan basically cut DC off after a few seconds and right when he was going into its his cage and he can beat anybody in it. Seemed like he was saving DC from coming off as a bad winner and looking disrespectful to Hendo, even though DC may not have even considered how that part of it would look as was just thinking about Jones. But it did seem to be one more example of the UFC wanting to continue to hype DC and keep him in the fan's good graces until they can get him a title shot

But regardless, I don't think the tweet was a P.R. move. I think DC comes across as a decent guy and I am sure he does respect Hendo. It was a nice thing to give props to someone who has done so much in the sport despite it being pretty much time they hang up the gloves.

watch out jones.

don't be scared , homey.

hahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is a great guy. Returned the popeye chicken favor with dumplings.

Im so tired of guys becoming "bff's" after every fight. Just fight, when it's done, say thanks and move the hell on already.

Cormier's nickname should be "The Mayor", such a personable and likable guy. I'd vote for him if he ran for office in my city.

You mean like this?

bones-tweet.jpg

given with a legend my ass.
Being respectful is one thing

But why do some fans prefer people lie to them?

Hendo was a 10-1 underdog against DC. And Jones was responding to a tweet saying Hendo was coming for him. Just like he has to deal with stuff like Chuck saying he would have walked through his punches. Jones may be arrogant at times but that tweet to him was ridiculous. I am sure he respects all Hendo has done but at this stage in their careers, suggesting Hendo is coming after Bones is just stupid. I don't see the big deal about responding "give me a break".

The politically correct thing would have been just not to respond. But I respect that answer a lot more than some bullcrap like "that would be a dangerous fight". And I don't think it is disrespecting Dan so much as it is just being realistic/honest. 10-1 underdogs aren't coming for anyone and if he was that against Cormier than it would have been at least as big against Jones

Back