Cormier future GOAT no doubt. Can be champ at 3 weight classes easily.

Cain is probably the only guy he wouldn't beat. In practice it's close, but DC is praising Cain like no other. The HW champ is a monster.

Been watching MMA since Vale Tudo and I have never seen such a special fighter as Cormier. Fedor was close in skill-set, but even he wasn't as dominant at his prime and always found himself in tough spots before overcoming and winning.

Cormier, on the other hand, was never in any danger in any of his fight. Fighting Palelei, Bigfoot, Barnett, Mir, Nelson, and Dan Henderson, and never being in hurt or even in a bad position is simply unbelievable. He was winning every second of every fight he's been in period.

Not only that, I believe Cormier would be able to make 185 if he really wanted to and there isn't a single fighter at any weight class that would beat him at this stage. Maybe Cain? But they will never fight, so it's a mute point. Going to bump this thread when he destroys Jones.
he probably will never hold the HW, LHW, and MW belt.
Jones will destroy him badly and he will realize he need to retire.

He started MMA way too late to ever come close to GOAT

he probably will never hold the HW, LHW, and MW belt.
Jones will destroy him badly and he will realize he need to retire.

If Jones retains the title, Cormier is a very real threat. Jones definitely has some strong mma wrestling but Daniel is on another level. Can't see JJ remaining upright for long, Gus was able to take him down with absolutely no wrestling credentials to speak of.

I love Cormier, but 3 weightclasses? LOL

He's 35. That'd be a stretch if he was 25.

DC could make 185 by chopping off one of his limbs. I would pay to see him fight Bisping with one arm tied behind his back.

I doubt Cormier would even try to ever make 185. Who would want to risk their health to do that knowing their body and past kidney situation? Cormier is to smart to try that!

As a huge Fedor fan (if you look at my posts from the last 3 years, I pretty much always said Fedor is the GOAT), I can see something very special in the way Cormier fights. The way he transitions from punches to throws and trips is very Fedor-esque and you can tell his reflexes are absolutely amazing.

Cormier is so calm when he fights, like Fedor, but you can tell he is completely "in the zone" and knows exactly how the fight will go. His techniques just flow so smoothly and perfectly, it is difficult to describe and unbelievable to watch. But I don't think you really can appreciate this unless you've been watching MMA for a very long time, that's why a lot of noobs call him overrated. The long-time fans know how special he is.

absolutely

He got the kidney problems because of weight cutting

True, the way he cut his weight was the big problem according to Cormier. He said he was not knowledgeable on doing it correct. Now he has people making sure he cuts correct. Since he listens to his people backing him, pretty sure Cormier, his management or anyone in his camp would not even think about 185. The guy that said Cormier could make 185 must not understand how dangerous that could be.

You are aware he is already in his mid 30s right? By the time he fights again it will probably be next year. He probably only has four good years left now. Not enough time to figure out how to drop to 185 that's for sure.

Been watching MMA since Vale Tudo and I have never seen such a special fighter as Cormier. Fedor was close in skill-set, but even he wasn't as dominant at his prime and always found himself in tough spots before overcoming and winning.

Cormier, on the other hand, was never in any danger in any of his fight. Fighting Palelei, Bigfoot, Barnett, Mir, Nelson, and Dan Henderson, and never being in hurt or even in a bad position is simply unbelievable. He was winning every second of every fight he's been in period.

Not only that, I believe Cormier would be able to make 185 if he really wanted to and there isn't a single fighter at any weight class that would beat him at this stage. Maybe Cain? But they will never fight, so it's a mute point. Going to bump this thread when he destroys Jones.

He couldn't and he doesn't.

You are aware he is already in his mid 30s right? By the time he fights again it will probably be next year. He probably only has four good years left now. Not enough time to figure out how to drop to 185 that's for sure.

Not sure if this post was for me but yeah, I know all of that. My post was to agree with the person I quoted and tell a more detailed reason why 185 is crazy for anyone to even think about Cormier trying to make!

Not sure if this post was for me but yeah, I know all of that. My post was to agree with the person I quoted and tell a more detailed reason why 185 is crazy for anyone to even think about Cormier trying to make!

Nah it was to TS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back