Cormier future GOAT no doubt. Can be champ at 3 weight classes easily.

after lastnight i realized at lhw hes no good, jones will beat him so will gustafson and rashad evans.

i am a big fan of cormier but hes not impressive at lhw

Why do posts like these exist :(

champ at three weight classes.....really?

1. I seriously doubt he can make 185lbs
2. he is 35 years old right now.
3. lets see him win one title, before we anoint him two more.

This.

Cormier easily beat two guys who beat Fedor.......so thread doesn't equal invalid....son.

Fedor was past his prime by 2007 ... Cormier is just starting to get into his peak .... Bigfoot was 60 pounds heavier then Fedor in that fight , Fedor abandoned his over all game and became a berserker swinging for the fences ... oh and Hendo was on TRT ... cormier beat a 43 year old former TRT user that would of faded years ago if he was fighting without TRT

original.jpg

Drink it up!

People will figure out that not going all Machida on him is a bad idea. Keeping distance and avoiding clinching with him with all your will is the best way. I don't like Jones chances but that being said Jon's two brothers where college wrestling All Americans I believe? He has one brother who is around 300 lbs the other one is like 250 lbs. He also has two Olympic level wrestlers who train at Jackson's. So its not like he cannot find a few good guys to tune up his defense for fighting someone like Daniel.

Fedor was past his prime by 2007 ... Cormier is just starting to get into his peak .... Bigfoot was 60 pounds heavier then Fedor in that fight , Fedor abandoned his over all game and became a berserker swinging for the fences ... oh and Hendo was on TRT ... cormier beat a 43 year old former TRT user that would of faded years ago if he was fighting without TRT

yeah ok champ keep believing your excuses if it makes you feel better.

just for laughs, how much weight difference was there between Cormier and Bigfoot....as this seems to be the only reason Fedor lost.

As a huge Fedor fan (if you look at my posts from the last 3 years, I pretty much always said Fedor is the GOAT), I can see something very special in the way Cormier fights. The way he transitions from punches to throws and trips is very Fedor-esque and you can tell his reflexes are absolutely amazing.

Cormier is so calm when he fights, like Fedor, but you can tell he is completely "in the zone" and knows exactly how the fight will go. His techniques just flow so smoothly and perfectly, it is difficult to describe and unbelievable to watch. But I don't think you really can appreciate this unless you've been watching MMA for a very long time, that's why a lot of noobs call him overrated. The long-time fans know how special he is.

This will be a great thread to bump after he loses to Jones.

Like others here I don't see him ever making MW, but I've long believed that he'll be a future champ. I think he takes the belt from Jones.

People will figure out that not going all Machida on him is a bad idea. Keeping distance and avoiding clinching with him with all your will is the best way. I don't like Jones chances but that being said Jon's two brothers where college wrestling All Americans I believe? He has one brother who is around 300 lbs the other one is like 250 lbs. He also has two Olympic level wrestlers who train at Jackson's. So its not like he cannot find a few good guys to tune up his defense for fighting someone like Daniel.

Is this a troll attempt? Jones' brothers are lifelong football players who are now in the NFL....so no. Jon's wrestling skills weren't honed through rolling with his bros....

Been watching MMA since Vale Tudo and I have never seen such a special fighter as Cormier. Fedor was close in skill-set, but even he wasn't as dominant at his prime and always found himself in tough spots before overcoming and winning.

Cormier, on the other hand, was never in any danger in any of his fight. Fighting Palelei, Bigfoot, Barnett, Mir, Nelson, and Dan Henderson, and never being in hurt or even in a bad position is simply unbelievable. He was winning every second of every fight he's been in period.

Not only that, I believe Cormier would be able to make 185 if he really wanted to and there isn't a single fighter at any weight class that would beat him at this stage. Maybe Cain? But they will never fight, so it's a mute point. Going to bump this thread when he destroys Jones.

Bigfoot=terrible
Barnett=terrible and not in his prime
Mir=ultra terrible and not in his prime
Nelson=terrible only knocks out lower level talent
Dan Henderson=grandpa level

Please beat someone legit first: Jones, Gust, Glover, Cain, Werdum, Rashad, JDS would dominate DC and that is a fact.

DC is a great up and coming talent but his skills aren't great yet especially his BJJ game.

Like others here I don't see him ever making MW, but I've long believed that he'll be a future champ. I think he takes the belt from Jones.

Hmmm beating a 43 year old pre TRT Hendo is very much different from fighting a prime Jones ... i can see Cormier givning him problems however i don't think Jones footwork could avoid Cormiers takedowns

He was so confident he could win the HW belt, he ran away from the division...

It's so funny people can't see what DC is capable of still until this day. These are the same idiots who hate on Jones, but now love him because they want DC to lose.

DC's resume speaks for itself and he DOMINATES people he fights with. None of them got to do what they wanted to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back