Cormier easily dispatched both Hendo and Silva...

Frye was what? 215 to 220 around that time? So he gave up 25ish pounds to Johnston at HW? That's not at all unheard of, even by today's standards. Hell, most people who fight Derrick Lewis give up more weight than that. James Thompson was a very big HW though. As for Tank, well, if he isn't the kind of "big fat guy" that Frye was describing I don't know who is.
Don was realistically a LHW back then...

boxe2.png

Exactly! And part of his greatness is his lack of complaining despite being against it.
Yet if Mcgregor says he is three times his size he gets mocked.
If you dont mention the size it goes unnoticed.
Seems like a lose lose to me

Huge Fedor fan but he never fought a reigning champion on like 36 hours notice.

Another thing he never did was brag about beating "midgets" and then brag about how he was willing to fight a "skinny fat guy" who was a little bit bigger than him and competes in the same weightclass, lol.

That's a great built in excuse though. "I lost because I'm such a badass I desided to take on a much bigger man. Please ignore the fact we compete in the same weightclass though and the fact I cut so much weight I looked like I was on the verge of death so I could brag about beating midgets"

Lol

Probably because they were both way past their prime and a division smaller.

I gotta agree with this. Can't dog Silva for his whole career because of the failed tests at the end. Yeah, he probably was using. But he passed those tests and everyone else was using too.

Blood test a week out, piss test fight night. Thats all that needs to be done. USADA testing is legit destroying the sport.

I'm not sure why Dana thought to get into a pissing contest over having the cleanest sport. Fans don't care just let them fight.
This is like wanting stock racing and I agree with it. These are actual people taking punishment and not just blown engines. You get rich or connected fighters being beasts, while the real gifted athlete and dedicated martial artist gets his face beat in, that doesn't sound like much of a sport to me.

3cau.gif

30-26 baby.
DC is so great, but this is like the Marciano vs Louis fight, where the loser is actually the better ATG.

I watched everything unravel.

1) Then dont take the fight. And even when he did, a 70% Hendo is still a damn good name on your resume.
2) If you train your entire life to fight, why do you need time to prepare? If it happened on the street you wouldnt time out to stretch
Sorry, but those are stupid responses.
70% Hendo is not the same as beating TRT Hendo.
And if you'd think a bit beforew posting you would notice that virtually EVERY SINGLE FIGHTER have training camps. So your excuse is asinine and does not require a response.

No. Silva ripped his liver with a nasty kick. DC winced in agony.

To the point where you almost dont even count it on his resume..

Can you think of any other examples where elite fighters were dominated and yet the result was almost forgotten?

Probably because they're both middle weights.

DCs resume will be appreciated more historically. Barnett, Big Foot, Big Country, Mir, Spider, Hendo, Rumble, Gustafson, Stipe. All time great.

Cormier dispatching Silva and Hendo is almost like GSP dispatching BJ Penn or even less.
BJ was a weightclass below GSP too, but in his prime. Even still GSP doesn't get full credit because he was a WW against LW.
Cormier defeated older out of prime and no training Silva and no wrestling Hendo.

So the supposed GOAT cant fight somebody 40lbs heavier?
I agree that he was and i agree that silva was at a disadvantage but still a damn good name on your resume
He was about 6 years past being the goat when that fight happened, don’t be stupid.

Cutting from 236 and being 236 on fight night are two different things. Your “source” (a link to a thread with no source) is talking about weight cuts.
The thread links to a video of Big John Mcarty saying he witnessed DC weigh in at 236 lbs at fight night. This was done by the CSAC. That's cage weight. Please read the thread properly before saying it has no sources

So the supposed GOAT cant fight somebody 40lbs heavier?
I agree that he was and i agree that silva was at a disadvantage but still a damn good name on your resume
Supposed goat who got dominate by chael for 4 rounds, ko'd by weidman, dropped by one eyed bisping, pretty much ko's bisping at the end of the round, then loses the next round.....his resume isnt even that strong, he was just exciting. Sorry forest, okami, leben, franklin, non trt vitor, bonnar, and lutter isnt a goat lineup. When he finally fought a guy who could wrestle he got dominated 4 rounds, then when he fought a complete fighter (weidman), he got taken down, gnped, ko'd, dropped in the clinch, and his leg broken off a kick with no setup.

Actually Cormier had a 40 lbs advantage over Silva and did 0 damage. In fact the only significant strike of that match was The Spider's kick, which exposed DC's vulnerability to body shots. Jon Jones realized that and exploited every bit of it

LOL at 40 lbs advantage.

Actually Cormier had a 40 lbs advantage over Silva and did 0 damage. In fact the only significant strike of that match was The Spider's kick, which exposed DC's vulnerability to body shots. Jon Jones realized that and exploited every bit of it
40 pounds?

I forgot to mention one thing though,

DC easily dispatched Hendo only, he didn't easily or dispatch Silva, even though Silva went in on extreme short notice.

Prime Silva probably KTFO DC.

DC wouldn't have gone easy on prime Silva. He just toyed that fight and it was obvious.

Back