Cormier: "Dan Henderson was the strongest man I've ever felt in the octagon"

Some of you guys are fucking muppets.

You do realize that technique and strength are 2 different things. Leverage too, right? I don't know how some of you manage to put your fucking socks on in the morning without burning the house down.

Agreed.

cormier_hendo_ragdoll.gif

LOL

Yup that pretty much puts that into perspective

I know this is the heavies and people don't understand strength vs position but come on guys. It's totally plausible than Hendo is significantly stronger than Jones. Look at that scramble with Cormier. Cormier didn't toss him like that because he's even stronger, he tossed him like that because Cormier is strong and he outclassed Dan technically and had him out of position the entire time.

Exactly. People who know wrestling know that technique can trump strength. Honestly besides the Cormier fight never seen dan just dominated in wrestling.

Yea I saw the shields fight, but I'll say before dan gassed I saw him literally defend at least 2 takedowns by grabbing shields' waist and simply pulling him off his legs. This takes insane strength, the technique is to sprawl, but Henderson simply used strength to defend the td.

I guess maybe he's saying for the size difference? Gotta think that's what he means.

Dan is solid as hell, and im sure very strong but cmon DC, I know you think youre doing your job as a commentator by saying that but all it does it make you look less credible. Im sure Jon Blownes Jones, Barnett, Mir, Bigfoot, Monson, Soa, and maaaaaybe Roy, maybe even Cummins are stronger than Dan at this point

smh

This exactly. With as many people here that claim to know and understand combat sports, you'd think they would understand, well, this....

Last edited:
That would explain you failing to outmuscle jones for 5 rounds..

He's just paying a compliment to someone he respects.

Yea but he went over the top. Could have just said he's a tough experienced vet. Even if DC was telling the truth , it's laughable when you look back at how he was ragdolled.

Randy Couture had the best line about Dan Henderson's strength. Randy said that when Dan grabs your wrist, you don't take it back; you ask for it back.

Looking at the responses here and I can easily draw the conclusion that a most sherdogers never wrestled greco roman before. Greco Roman wrestlers are generally stronger than their counterparts in freestyle wrestling, every move is a power move basically, every throw, every roll from the parterre, every lift.

Dan Henderson was a greco roman wrestler, who made up for what he lacked in technique with brute strenght and an incredible grip.

If Jones and Hendo where going straight greco, Dan would beat him hands down, easily. Just because you get taken down in MMA doesn't mean you are not a great wrestler, a lot of the takedowns in MMA happens in the transitions and even the best guy can get taken down if he is lunging in with a punch and the other goes for a takedown, it's all about timing.

Also guys can use chokes, the cage, and Kimora's to defend against tds in mma.

DC is so full of shit, glad he lost to Jones.

Yea but he went over the top. Could have just said he's a tough experienced vet. Even if DC was telling the truth , it's laughable when you look back at how he was ragdolled.

Technique > Strength.

What is so hard to see.

A Lot of people Hendo fought have said the same thing, so you can go ahead and hate on Randy, Rampage, Shields, Shogun etc.

Idk, for a long time I did construction work and mostly cement & block laying. Sometimes these scrawny or average sized men were just gorilla strong from a lifetime of working that job. I've seen guys much larger on the same jobs struggle because they hadn't done it a lifetime. Hendo is just one of those guys, who between frame and regime is built like horse. I believe it

I believe Randy said he had the strongest grip of anyone he wrestled.

Barnett and Bigfoot are really big guys,both are on the limit of hw. Hendo is a small dude for LHW,just like Lyoto and Shogun, if you think about that it makes sense.

Shogun walks around at 230-his own words. Dan does at 200. He is not like Dan.

I can't get along with posters on these boards, they spend a day on MMA forum but are clueless as shit.

A lot of people not understanding strength vs utilized power

Back