Cormier: "Dan Henderson was the strongest man I've ever felt in the octagon"

He's complimenting him, hyping the fight and hyping himself ("...and I tossed him around so it's clear where that puts me"), and taking a jab at Jones. :icon_lol: He really can do it all; DC would vote DC.

I know this is the heavies and people don't understand strength vs position but come on guys. It's totally plausible than Hendo is significantly stronger than Jones. Look at that scramble with Cormier. Cormier didn't toss him like that because he's even stronger, he tossed him like that because Cormier is strong and he outclassed Dan technically and had him out of position the entire time.

Meanwhile he gets manhandled like a toddler by Jones. But old man Dan is the strongest....for certain.

manhandled like a toddler? What fight were you watching?

GTFO with your revisionist b.s.

I thought that was kind of a weird comment from him, because on UFC tonight DC commented on Hendo dropping back down to 185 he said that Hendo felt small when they had their fight.

Stronger than Barnett and Bigfoot?!

He never got a chance to feel bigfoot's strength, and I'm sure that Dan is stronger than Barnett.

Dan's issue is that he's smaller and doesn't have the leverage of the bigger guys.

Some of you guys are fucking muppets.

You do realize that technique and strength are 2 different things. Leverage too, right? I don't know how some of you manage to put your fucking socks on in the morning without burning the house down.

And threw him around like a ragdoll.

You obviously do not know the difference between physical strength, leverage, or technique.

You don't throw people with only pure physical strength. There are other factors involved, such as leverage and technique.

because cormier was able to throw hendo around and couldn't move jones around the same way does not mean hendo was weak and jones was strong.

keep in mind hendo walks around at 205 while cormier and jones probably walk around at 230.

He probably meant the most solid since Hendo is so compact

Hes being classy.

Can't say, he is old and not worth fighting and should retire. That's jones' territory.

Either way hes wrong because I know for a fact Barnett beats him in a lifting contest

maybe he meant P4P? Hendo is known to be freakishly strong

It's been covered already but leverage and strength aren't the same.

There are some tiny people people on this planet with monstrous strength.125 women who could outlift 99.9% of the posters here. A lot of people have commented Dan's strength throughout his career, so I don't undestand the skepticism.

Where's Henderson dragging a grill when you need him. A Mans man. Old man strength. I know Cormier would be up for some Hendo steaks. Look at that face.

You obviously do not know the difference between physical strength, leverage, or technique.

You don't throw people with only pure physical strength. There are other factors involved, such as leverage and technique.

because cormier was able to throw hendo around and couldn't move jones around the same way does not mean hendo was weak and jones was strong.

keep in mind hendo walks around at 205 while cormier and jones probably walk around at 230.

Both Hendo and Jones are both VERY strong men. Now having said that I highly doubt that the significant disparity in their success grappling with Comier can be purely attributed to technical skill, and leverage. Hendo is an extremely skilled wrestler, who was essentially man handled by Cormier in the very same way that Chael was by a much stronger Jones. Although, I was very impressed that Comier was unable to move Jones are score a single take down, I think the most telling aspect of Jones strength was in the later rounds when muscle fatigue sets in and he was able to consistently control Cormier against the fence and beat him at his own game.

It's been covered already but leverage and strength aren't the same.

There are some tiny people people on this planet with monstrous strength.125 women who could outlift 99.9% of the posters here. A lot of people have commented Dan's strength throughout his career, so I don't undestand the skepticism.

I love your sweeping generalisations about the strength of sherdog posters.
Can you just for arguments sake post your honest lifting stats and maybe a body pic?

cormierbanks.gif

y u so incredulous, sherdog

hendos right hand...have you heard of it?

method=get&s=shogun-03-24-2014-0-56-19-759.jpg

looks like shogun got kicked by a fucking horse. is it so farfetched that hendo is strong as hell?

then you got the fact that jon dodson seems to have a hell of a lot more punching power than jon jones. its what you do with it..

Looking at the responses here and I can easily draw the conclusion that a most sherdogers never wrestled greco roman before. Greco Roman wrestlers are generally stronger than their counterparts in freestyle wrestling, every move is a power move basically, every throw, every roll from the parterre, every lift.

Dan Henderson was a greco roman wrestler, who made up for what he lacked in technique with brute strenght and an incredible grip.

If Jones and Hendo where going straight greco, Dan would beat him hands down, easily. Just because you get taken down in MMA doesn't mean you are not a great wrestler, a lot of the takedowns in MMA happens in the transitions and even the best guy can get taken down if he is lunging in with a punch and the other goes for a takedown, it's all about timing.

Back