Cormier: 'Cummin's felt faster than anyone I've fought'

I think that Cormier can definitely finish Hendo. For a guy with Cormier's eye and timing, Hendo is an open target. He will be getting hit a lot and as we've seen recently, he's tough but cannot take a prolonged beating anymore.

Hendo knocked down rashad with a jab. His hand speed is fine.

Cormier can move in and out quicker though. His gameplan should be punches in bunches then takedown.

I got hendo with the upset.

Cummin's is probably faster than Dan. Huge Hendo fan, but hes slow, especially at this point in his career. That being said, all he needs to do is connect!

It's Cummins, not Cummin's. Don't let it catch on please. We already have Gustaffson.

Hendo by KO round 1.

Stockton 209 wut.

You insulted the guy in my AV, your argument must not be wrong! YOU GOT ME MAN!
I can tell by the irrelevant last part of your post, you're an idiot.

We can all agree Hendo has massive punching power, yet we are going to act like he doesn't have fast hands?

Physics disagrees with you.

Power = Mass (weight) x Velocity (speed)

And by your own logic and post you are furthering my point. Hendo weighted in at 199 pounds which is less than JDS, DC, and Cain. Yet his punching power is on their levels, if not more.
By this equation, if he lacks the mass that the others do, then he must make up for it in speed in order to have nearly the same punching power.

Nice try buddy. He has fast hands, get over it.

OMG, there are so many things that are wrong in this post...might as well make another thread just to make fun out of it.

First of all, what I wrote about Diaz was a joke, he's actually one of my fav fighters to watch compete. Speed, you know, he wasnt fast enough to "catch" CC, who was running the whole time. If anything that was a verbal jab towards Condit.

Second, never in my post I directly or indirectly offended you

Third, for the physics aspect of your post, I'd need a little more time:

A) what you wrote equals momentum. MOMENTUM = MASS x VELOCITY

B) what equals Force, yes, force, not power, is mass times acceleration, not speed

C) Even if your formulas were right, which they werent, how exactly anything of the offensive and illiterate pile of crap you wrote supported by your unique perception pf
"Physics" answer my question, namely "Hendo is fast as compared to who"???

Third, Hendo has some speed in his hands, its obvious, since he lands his shots occasionally. His hand speed is nothing special though. He aint faster than DC for sure and thats what this thread is about. You do not need to make yourself up new fromula's in physics in order to prove something that is seen with bare eye, Newton got the job done to the best of his abilities.

Hendo's NOT among the faster fighters in the UFC, neither in his weight class nor in the weight class above. Deal with it

Hendo is slow and flat footed

Havent seen him land in a while

Is one dimensional and gasses

Cormier has this easy

"Cummins pours coffee faster than anyone from whom I've previously bought."

Fixed for accuracy.

I actually read this thread at first as Cummins fell faster then anyone I've fought lol.

I couldn't agree more TS. I'm guessing people who say hendo's slow are remembering later rounds like shogun 1. Hendo uses his energy and does slow as the fight goes on, but he's also very good at slowing down his opponent, and making them use energy too.

I think Hendo will be the quicker fighter and beat DC to the punch.

The X factor to me is how will hendo's chin hold up(it could go anytime) and the lack of TRT, but at +500 I think alot of people are underestimating Hendo

I mean if Cummins "felt like the fastest" wait until he get in there with Jon Jones

No one was shocked by the quickness of that short punch when he murdered Shoguns nose?

He was tenative in that fight and paid for it for two rounds, he immediately admitted it in the post fight interview and said that he changed his gameplan at the beginning of the round and it paid off immediately. He may not have fast footwork, and he may be more of a plodding fighter but his hand speed is pretty quick and he can deliver fast punches at odd angles that put down both Fedor and Shogun. Both were lightening quick short shots that no one but Hendo saw coming.

The overhand right he's famed for also has pretty good speed considering the distance the punch has to be thrown.

Henderson noobs abound.

I think people have seen the Bisping KO gif so many times they think it's in realtime. If you watch the actual KO, it is pretty incredible how fast that H-bomb came. Though Bisping made mistakes, if you actually see how fast that bomb was thrown, you have to cut him a little slack.

I do not see how a 43 year old man could be faster than Cummins.

I agree but he has to be faster than some Starbuck's hack
That "Starbucks hack" made Team USA Wrestling, twice, making him a more accredited athlete than about 90% of currently signed UFC fighters.

I agree but he has to be faster than some Starbuck's hack

Starbucks guy was a division 1 wrestler, so his athletic prowess can't be all bad. You can be faster than the champion, but you could still be less of a fighter than the champion.

Hendo isn't slow, just predictable as fuck now, not a problem for DC.

Back