Cormier: 'Cummin's felt faster than anyone I've fought'

Though not all in the division, a streak with Mir, Roy Nelson and Hendo is the easiest road?

Lyoto Machida's road for the 2nd title shot was Loss and then Randy Couture. Then a Win over Munoz and Gegard gets him a MW shot? This guy lives Christmas every day.

While Cain and Junior were both former champs, coming off beatings, their roads were Big Foot and Mark Hunt, respectively.

Sonnen talked his way into a fight, Vitor jumps up after wins over Sexyama on a losing streak and fat Anthony Johnson. Gilbert Melendez purchased a title shot. Half the guys who fought Anderson were fodder for him to beat up.

DC earned his shot with much more than most title contenders could say. Hell Jon Jones himself, while he looked impressive, didn't deserve a title shot, outside of Bader who might have been ranked 10th or 15th, who knows, he had 0 top 10 wins, he schooled guys and finished every fight, but he got a shot without ever proving himself versus a worthy opponent.

The easiest way to a title is without a doubt Chael Sonnen.
Machida got the shot because Vitor couldn't.
And I totally agree about Dc, but is he promised a shot if he wins?

Bigfoot, Mir, Nelson, Barnett, and Soa palelei, whose now 3 - 0 in the ufc, and Hendo...
These are serious fighters. Legends of the sport.

Lol at Hendo being "fast". At times I've seen Mark Hunt moving faster than him.

There are/were fast guys at LHW, but they are the likes of Gus, Machida, Vitor etc

Cummins also FELL faster than everyone DC fought.

No one was shocked by the quickness of that short punch when he murdered Shoguns nose?

He was tenative in that fight and paid for it for two rounds, he immediately admitted it in the post fight interview and said that he changed his gameplan at the beginning of the round and it paid off immediately. He may not have fast footwork, and he may be more of a plodding fighter but his hand speed is pretty quick and he can deliver fast punches at odd angles that put down both Fedor and Shogun. Both were lightening quick short shots that no one but Hendo saw coming.

The overhand right he's famed for also has pretty good speed considering the distance the punch has to be thrown.

Henderson noobs abound.

Agreed. Hendo is a slow-footed plodding striker. And his reaction time has clearly slowed down. But his one-punch hand speed is severely underrated. And he can throw it from odd angles and from short distances, while maintaining serious power. Without hand speed, he wouldn't be able to consistently catch people with his predictable striking.

Cormier's striking is probably better. But given his advantage in the wrestling department, it would be prudent to take Hendo down and grind him out.

Lol at everyone acting like Hendo isn't fast.

The reason his right hand is so fucking deadly is because it's fast as shit. Yeah he might move slow but his hands are fast.

Hendo is 43, he is undoubtedly one of the slower guys in his weight class. He was never known for his speed but at this age, your statement is ridiculous

Lol at everyone acting like Hendo isn't fast.

The reason his right hand is so fucking deadly is because it's fast as shit. Yeah he might move slow but his hands are fast.

Hendo weighed in at 199 Y-day. Cain, JDS and DC are all way faster than him and their natural weight is almost 2 weight classes above his. Plus as I already wrote, I've seen Hunt throwing punches faster than Dan.

So he's fast in comparison to who?

He might be faster than Diaz, mind that...guy couldnt catch Condit for 5 rounds :D

I think that hendo will cause more problems then people think in this fight. I see it as one of those fights that Cormier will win, but will grind it out and there will be more questions. It's going to be one of those fights where I think people will doubt him vs top lhw's after.

Hendo weighed in at 199 Y-day. Cain, JDS and DC are all way faster than him and their natural weight is almost 2 weight classes above his. Plus as I already wrote, I've seen Hunt throwing punches faster than Dan.

So he's fast in comparison to who?

He might be faster than Diaz, mind that...guy couldnt catch Condit for 5 rounds :D

You insulted the guy in my AV, your argument must not be wrong! YOU GOT ME MAN!
I can tell by the irrelevant last part of your post, you're an idiot.

We can all agree Hendo has massive punching power, yet we are going to act like he doesn't have fast hands?

Physics disagrees with you.

Power = Mass (weight) x Velocity (speed)

And by your own logic and post you are furthering my point. Hendo weighted in at 199 pounds which is less than JDS, DC, and Cain. Yet his punching power is on their levels, if not more.
By this equation, if he lacks the mass that the others do, then he must make up for it in speed in order to have nearly the same punching power.

Nice try buddy. He has fast hands, get over it.

From my couch, Hendo does not look faster than Cummins

Is it comfy? Can I come over and watch the fights with you?
I bring beer.

Hendo is not fast.
But if DC found Cummins fast I wonder how the others in LHW will feel.

Hendo's speed compared with Cummins is pretty much irrelevant. Cormier will get his hands on him and suffocate him for 3 rounds. The notion that Hendo could dance on the outside is silly.

again with the cummings hype, trying to legitimize him as a worthy opponent... pls stop dc... pls just stop!

hendo is the slowest fighter in ufc. doubt this fight lasts more than 2 minutes. cormier by ko

Big Foot isn't that slow, he shows some explosiveness when he double legged Fedor. Dan doesn't have speed, his punches don't even have speed. Not saying he can't KO DC, I think he has a better chance than anyone else, but Big Foot at 260 Pounds is just as fast, if not faster than Dan at 205.

This has to be a troll, surely...

Hendo isn't the most mobile but he does have reasonable speed in his single shots, his OHR is quick but ridiculously telegraphed for anyone with reasonable striking.

But he is still magnitudes faster than BF, who moves like he's in molasses. He's the slowest fighter I've seen that's also had some decent success in MMA (otherwise that honour probably goes to Hong Man Choi).

DC still has a huge speed advantage, and should smoke Hendo unless something tragic happens. Even if he loses, there's probably going to be no question that DC is the better fighter out of the two.

Just because Cummins is not a top level mma fighter doesn't mean he is not an athlete. He did look pretty quick in their fight

Speed and athleticism is great but in fight sport, it's just one tool. Broner is several notches faster than Maidana and yet he still got clobbered.

Bottom line is that Cormier is fast and a much more skilled boxer than Hendo.

Hendo isn't all that slow. I'm as big a Hendo fan as any but at this stage he is predictable as hell. Had he not landed that one punch against Shogun he would be on an awful streak and this fight would be a hypothetical squash match.

I don't expect Cornier to finish him whatsoever. I expect a wall and stall masterpiece like against Frank Mir.

Back