Cormier could beat Cain

Roids

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I think he has the perfect style and skills to beat him. First his wrestling skill would nullify Cains biggest strength which is the fence mauling.

Secondly, he is faster than Cain and has sharper hands with similar power.

Lastly, Cain does not have a significant size advantage over him.

Would they ever fight?

He could. He's a better fundamental boxer and he is a better fundamental wrestler. However, he is smaller, and he doesn't have Cain's cardio. It would be a tremendous fight. Unfortunately they're chief training partners and great friends. Cormier will whoop some ass at 205 and Cain will handle HW. AKA has shit covered.

Cormier wouldn't last even 3 rounds against Cain.

He could. He's a better fundamental boxer and he is a better fundamental wrestler. However, he is smaller, and he doesn't have Cain's cardio. It would be a tremendous fight. Unfortunately they're chief training partners and great friends. Cormier will whoop some ass at 205 and Cain will handle HW. AKA has shit covered.

Agreed on all counts. Very well said, as usual man.

This. I get it Junior fans, you're upset. Cormier can NOT beat Cain lol. He barely beat Nelson really. He did no damage to Nelson.

Its impossible to not concur with this.... spot on.

Jones will beat Cormier at 205 and then beat Cain at HW.

Why?

He's a better wrestler, and is probably quicker.

On one hand you've got Cain's size, cardio, and frantic, grinding pace. On the other hand, you've got Cormier, who has an incredible ability to chain together crisper striking and superior wrestling.

Would be a great fight.

He could he's the only one...but it won't happen..

Cormier is great but I think he will struggle even at LHW. He has a ridicously short reach ... he struggled with Roy Nelson, struggled with Mir.

I think IF he gets to Jon Jones ... Jones will pick him apart from the outside for 5 rounds . IF he can get close ... Jones' wrestling will be good enough to nullify it.

As for Cain vs Cormier ... maybe. Stylistically ... I think he matches up against Cain better than Jones.

Jones will beat Cormier at 205 and then beat Cain at HW.

When he deals with a real pressure fighter, thoroughly, I'll fell confident in your assertion. Both Cain and Cormier have troublesome styles for Jon. Of course, Jon is a warrior and a great fighter. I expect great fights.

Cormier is great but I think he will struggle even at LHW. He has a ridicously short reach ... he struggled with Roy Nelson, struggled with Mir.

I think IF he gets to Jon Jones ... Jones will pick him apart from the outside for 5 rounds . IF he can get close ... Jones' wrestling will be good enough to nullify it.

As for Cain vs Cormier ... maybe. Stylistically ... I think he matches up against Cain better than Jones.

How did he struggle with Nelson and Mir?

he definitely could but his cardio would need a lot of work

Please explain how he ''Struggled'' in those fights? Seemed like he handled them pretty easily.

No finish, and pretty much NO damage. Neither were in trouble. Now he's some kind of world beater???? The internet makes me laugh lmfao.

Not finishing either is irrelevant, and Nelson has has only been finished once in his career. I'll give you Mir though. And I'm not sure what no damage has to do with struggling with anyone. I'm a fan of Mir, but Mir had nothing for DC. The same goes to Nelson, as well.

Cormier has better wrestling and more KO power.

But guess what?! They're team mates and will never fight.

No finish, and pretty much NO damage. Neither were in trouble. Now he's some kind of world beater???? The internet makes me laugh lmfao.

Aside from a few body kicks from Mir, I saw him take really no damage either though. He was dishing out the punishment and controlling the tempo. Completely avoided damage against Monson and Bigfoot as well and dominated Barnett.

The guy is as legit as they come and stylistically he is in reality the only HW who would at least on paper provide a major challenge for Cain because they match up well in striking and wrestling and clinch work.

There are two people on the planet that know absolutely if Cormier could beat Cain. Those two people are Cormier and Cain. The rest of us can only guess.

Back