Cormier could be a middleweight

TheAnnihilator

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Cormier is around 15% body fat. Here's the math:

His current precutting weight: 220 (when he's hydrated)
Bodyfat: 15%
Fat mass: 33 lbs
Lean body mass: 187 lbs

DC middleweight stats:
200 precut weight
Bodyfat: 7%
Fat mass: 14 lbs
Lean body mass: 186 lbs

That being said -- I really REALLY doubt he's willing to eat the way he would have to eat to drop to that body fat level.

Some guys lose tons of strength when they get too lean.

You seem like a smart person and know some BMI.

But the variable you missed out on was that DC has had past problems with Kidney damage from massive weight cuts during his wrestling career.

Dehydration at 7% bf to make 185 would be risky for him.

Not as long as this is around.
popeyes_chicken_sh.jpg

You seem like a smart person and know some BMI.

But the variable you missed out on was that DC has had past problems with Kidney damage from massive weight cuts during his wrestling career.

Dehydration at 7% bf to make 185 would be risky for him.

exactly

Dropping below 10% has a massive negative impact on athletic performance.

Cormier is around 15% body fat. Here's the math:

His current precutting weight: 220 (when he's hydrated)
Bodyfat: 15%
Fat mass: 33 lbs
Lean body mass: 187 lbs

DC middleweight stats:
200 precut weight
Bodyfat: 7%
Fat mass: 14 lbs
Lean body mass: 186 lbs

That being said -- I really REALLY doubt he's willing to eat the way he would have to eat to drop to that body fat level.

OT-Funny thing just got done rewatching werdum n nelson , and rogan was saying samething ' bout big country

Where do desire and willpower figure into the math?

Dc's always gonna be a lil -tub o' greco-.....unless popeyes develops a *weightwatchers* menu

The guys 5'10, of course he could make 185 lol. You know how many humans that height that couldn't make 185 (likely zero).

He's also not at 15 percent bf. Let me assure you, 5'10, 186 pounds bf 7 percent doesn't look DC size. 5'9, 185 at 7 percent bf is more like frank zane size lol.

Anyone that height "could" make 185 but Cormier would have to seriously change his diet and body type. Not worth it.

Not as long as this is around.
popeyes_chicken_sh.jpg

I'm curious about this thing with Cormier and Popeyes. Is it because he's black or is there a story?

And to you sir...epic username. Love me some BJ, but god damn...

He could be the first ever MW, LHW, and possibly HW champ if Cain ever loses a match and gets a shot.

I'm curious about this thing with Cormier and Popeyes. Is it because he's black or is there a story?

And to you sir...epic username. Love me some BJ, but god damn...

Cormier said himself he loves popeyes chicken, so hendo sent him some to make it harder for him to make weight, as a joke.

Cormier is probably closer to 18-20% body fat

What makes you think he is 15% before his weight cut? He looks 20% easily to me. He's chubby

Back