Cormier At Middleweight .. Possible ?

Thug life

tbBfd.gif

True ... but the thing is would the cut effect his health in a negative way , he had kidney problems cutting weight in his wrestling days , also being an older man it'll be harder for him losing weight , your metabolism slows down as you get older.

I think I read that he was doing "stupid cuts" in College or something like that. In other words, he's admitted that he didn't (and probably doesn't) cut weight in the most healthy of ways... But yeah, I agree about the age thing. I'm getting older myself and I can't eat half of the amount of calories I used to or it will turn instantly into larger sized clothes... Getting' old sucks! :D

I think I read that he was doing "stupid cuts" in College or something like that. In other words, he's admitted that he didn't (and probably doesn't) cut weight in the most healthy of ways... But yeah, I agree about the age thing. I'm getting older myself and I can't eat half of the amount of calories I used to or it will turn instantly into larger sized clothes... Getting' old sucks! :D

Indeed it does mate :icon_conf

Somatotypes are bullshit. Frame and genetics (to an extent) is one thing, but the whole idea of human beings being split into three distinct groups of body type is nonsense.

That's why they mostly don't split people in to distinct groups. Most people are a combination of these three extreme body types. Jones is mostly a combination Ectomorph/Mesomorph. Cormier is a combination Endomorph/Mesomorph.

The fact remains that genetics and your body type plays a large role in what you're going to look like. Cormier is probably stronger than most body builders but he isn't going to ever look like one. Or look at power lifters. They often look much more like Cormier's body type than Arnold Swarzennegger.

Maybe it was the way he cut it , the guy just seemed so out of shape in his fight against Jones , then again it could be the fact he taken some nasty leg shots to the body , that will zap your energy in no hurry.

idk, why not use the search button and see some the posts in the couple threads about this yesterday

Cormier looked pretty chubby even for LHW ... would it be possible he could make middleweight if he did lose the fat and trained more for fitness? the guy looks like he doesn't even train to go for 5 rounds ( course he does am sure ) however with Jones being on top of the LHW mountain i don't think Cormier could beat him , and he also looked to lose some weight.

It is possible. He still carries a lot of fat [15lb+]. Fat that has nothing to do with being 'big boned' or whatever excuse people want to throw out. The liver damage is a non-issue. He would be cutting the same amount of water weight [That he does at LHW] if he lost the fat for MW.

Cormier could 100% make MW. Now that being said

It's his body type.

body-type-meso-ecto-endomorph.gif

An endomorph will never look like an ectomorph with all of the dieting in the world. He just carries more weight.

He almost died cutting weight wrestling. LHW is already risky as it is for him. Not a chance he makes it to Middleweight.

Cutting weight is one thing and eating properly is another.

He's a wrecking ball but he's still a fatty. He could lose some weight, maybe not enough to get to 185 but he carries a lot of fat.

It is possible. He still carries a lot of fat [15lb+]. Fat that has nothing to do with being 'big boned' or whatever excuse people want to throw out. The liver damage is a non-issue. He would be cutting the same amount of water weight [That he does at LHW] if he lost the fat for MW.

Cormier could 100% make MW. Now that being said

He wrestled at 184 pounds in college. That was a very long time ago and I don't think he could do it anymore. Wouldn't mind seeing him go back up to HW or stay around at LHW for another crack at Jones.

Back