Cormier at LHW

AEinstein

White Belt
Reaction score
Didn't DC just fight at 230 lbs? Can Cormier even safely cut to 205 lbs with his past weight cutting/kidney issues? I think he is going to eat his words when he gets to the UFC...

He always has a bit of chub on him when he fights, he definitely looks like he could cut to 205.

we've all heard the conflicting stories but i just dont understand why he ever would have made the point about the health risks of his cutting if that weren't actually the case.

frankly i see absolutely no reason he should go to LHW as of now. the dude is a monster at HW. no one's going to outwrestle him and he has the power and technique to land bombs that will keep the guys from getting comfortable standing as well.

Dat physique is gonna cost him money. They are gonna have to do some serious photoshopping to give him a six pack for posters so the closeted just bleed guys can tune in cause they be mirin'

I think it might be harder for him at 205 considering his style. He does well against bigger opponents because he knows how to use his leverage. In his last fight it seemed he was having a little more difficulty in grappling because Staring was closer to his size.

DC can make 205, it has nothing to do with kidneys when you're as fat as he is. He easily, *EASILY* has 25 pounds of fat to drop, and even if he only had 20, 5 pounds of water weight wouldn't hurt anyone.

Didn't DC just fight at 230 lbs? Can Cormier even safely cut to 205 lbs with his past weight cutting/kidney issues? I think he is going to eat his words when he gets to the UFC...

He could easily make it to 205

Can he cut to 205? No.
Can he diet and exercise down to 210-215 and then cut 5-10? Yes.

Problem is getting ripped,DC likes his food so does Cain.To get there and more importantly stay there is going to be hard for Cormier.

DC can make 205, it has nothing to do with kidneys when you're as fat as he is. He easily, *EASILY* has 25 pounds of fat to drop, and even if he only had 20, 5 pounds of water weight wouldn't hurt anyone.
Exactly. I see people always mention his horrific past weight cut story, but this guy easily has 25 extra pounds on him. He could make 205 without cutting one pound of water. Now granted that would put him at a disadvantage, but he's gonna be the smallest guy everytime he fights at HW, so...

As for how he'd do at 205, assuming he's not a much different fighter at the lighter weight, I think he beats everyone but Jones.

There is NO way, I mean NO way he can cut to 205.... look at the below pic, the guy is ripped at like 6% BF.... and this is at 230. LHW ain't going to happen

daniel-cormier1.jpg

Back