Corey Bellator vs UFC payment

In almost every case of a UFC fighter going to Bellator, it's because they hit a ceiling and couldn't make it to the top (Moose, Rory, Bader, Davis, Anderson) or they are past their prime (Machida, Mir, Sonnen and inevitably JDS and Overeem it seems). Don't @ me Bellator shills, it's the truth, no matter how much you deny it.

What do you consider a fighter that hasn't hit a ceiling? If someone has a loss and moves over, you can say they hit a ceiling. Even someone undefeated you can cherry-pick moments and say that they weren't really all that good, because they were in trouble at this time or another (example Khabib vs Tibau).

A champion can't move over due to the contract.

Corey making out like a bandit he's getting that money and he's fought 2 cans so far. He'll have to earn his pay next time tho with Bader.

I'm surprised Reebok, limited sponsors, USADA, shit pay wasn't enough for a lot of fighters to jump ship..it's not like Corey is a draw.

I guess this make me some kind of culprit/hypocrite cause I bitch a lot about how UFC dont pay their fighters. Yet here we have an organization that doest pay its fighters but I cant be bothered watching their events. Shame on me.
Tune in homie. Showtime streams em, and you can go back and rewatch the previous events too.

He put his time in and now is making more. What's the issue here?

Too many short term thinkers out there.

I wonder how much Mousasi got paid to get roughed up by Shlemenko.

gegard-mousasi-shlemenko-bellator-1852.jpg
Lol- another mousasi detractor...one of the worst.
He got paid well for beating a man with zero depth perception .He was an 8-1 favorite in his win and hed be the same 8-1 favorite if a re match took place 3 months later cause normal people with normal working brains ( this excludes you) realize the chances of a broken eye socket/ orbital 45 seconds in - again- would be like hitting the lottery.

Lol- Rory opened up his big mouth and thought he could hit that lottery.

You fight over 18 years , approach 50 wins while losing a half dozen or so- shit happens.

The first time in the guys career ,the man takes any facial damage and look at you... like a c'roach coming through the wall.
You're a punchline.

Gegard already set for life by merit on his first tier goat career.

Lol @ you.

Dana doesn't care about fighters, that's why most of them have to make OnlyFans accounts lol

Rory made 400k per fight in Bellator, Rory made 59k against Lawler in the UFC

Sergio also said he's making way more in Bellator than UFC

corey being mis leading. he winning vs lesser fighters which makes it easier to get win bonus. he lost to the top guys which hurt his take home pay.

i also dont see in that tweet any numnbers proving what he saying. so until he do that i see this has corey supporting bellator and shitting on the ufc.

also rory lied cause he didnt make 400k each fight. sure he made more in bellator than in the ufc that cause in belaltor be become champ in the ufc he never do that.
https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/10...si-cashes-130000-for-champion-vs-champion-win

Dana doesn't care about fighters, that's why most of them have to make OnlyFans accounts lol

Yeah they make more because their bigger fish in a small pond. If people in UFC arent happy w their pay they can try to go there. No one is saying they cant.

Meanwhile, Yaroslav Amasov (25-0 mma, 6-0 Bellator), a guy fighting Lima for the belt next, seems to have gotten $4000 to show and $4000 to win in his 5th fight in Bellator (the only disclosed fight pay I could find on Amasov).
I hope this is wrong btw.

Meanwhile, Yaroslav Amasov (25-0 mma, 6-0 Bellator), a guy fighting Lima for the belt next, seems to have gotten $4000 to show and $4000 to win in his 5th fight in Bellator (the only disclosed fight pay I could find on Amasov).
I hope this is wrong btw.
https://www.sportekz.com/mma/ed-ruth-vs-yaroslav-amosov-purse-payouts/

He got 10k guaranteed purse. So win bonus means 10k more + sponsors. Now he's fighting for the title so he's getting a lot more than that

On the same card Julia Budd got 350k and Cyborg 250k damn

Lol- another mousasi detractor...one of the worst.
He got paid well for beating a man with zero depth perception .He was an 8-1 favorite in his win and hed be the same 8-1 favorite if a re match took place 3 months later cause normal people with normal working brains ( this excludes you) realize the chances of a broken eye socket/ orbital 45 seconds in - again- would be like hitting the lottery.

Lol- Rory opened up his big mouth and thought he could hit that lottery.

You fight over 18 years , approach 50 wins while losing a half dozen or so- shit happens.

The first time in the guys career ,the man takes any facial damage and look at you... like a c'roach coming through the wall.
You're a punchline.

Gegard already set for life by merit on his first tier goat career.

Lol @ you.

You're one of two remaining Mousasi fanboys. I don't care to read another one of your long-winded posts about his career.

Mousasi got his ass handed to him. Shlemenko would have finished him in a 5-rounder, and would have finished him earlier if Mousasi didn't panic wrestle.

Go rewatch the fight. School time is over.

I'm happy that Corey is getting paid and enjoying his life more now. But man, very misleading. He built his name in the UFC and now he is getting paid elsewhere due to the fruits of his labour.
15 fights in the UFC, they had so many chances to start paying him well

15 fights in the UFC, they had so many chances to start paying him well

He was granted his release which means the UFC was not interested in paying him / keeping him.

How many fighters that UFC wanted to keep have left the UFC to go to another org?

In almost every case of a UFC fighter going to Bellator, it's because they hit a ceiling and couldn't make it to the top (Moose, Rory, Bader, Davis, Anderson) or they are past their prime (Machida, Mir, Sonnen and inevitably JDS and Overeem it seems). Don't @ me Bellator shills, it's the truth, no matter how much you deny it.

Corey didn't hit a ceiling though, he lost one fight by knockout and then shortly afterwards blacked out while walking around outside and hit his face on the gravel. Had a health scare where all the doctors said he blacked out from the concussion except for one doctor who said it was a heart issue.

Corey was going to fight in the UFC again but his scheduled opponent pulled out with an injury. Then he thought about his career some more and decided belts are cool but he needed to actually make money for his family. The UFC were kind enough to release him so he could go get paid.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/8/...alth-scare-ultimately-led-him-to-bellator-mma

You're one of two remaining Mousasi fanboys. I don't care to read another one of your long-winded posts about his career.

Mousasi got his ass handed to him. Shlemenko would have finished him in a 5-rounder, and would have finished him earlier if Mousasi didn't panic wrestle.

Go rewatch the fight. School time is over.
Re watch ?? Dont need to, dominated round 1 with a broken orbital ( that means a swollen shut eye to go with), won round 2 and and gave him 3rd.
Lol- the fight shouldve been stopped after 1st round you punchline but mousasi is a boss/ goat.

You're one of several who doesnt understand what this cat has done over 18 years clean and still considered one of the top fighters in the sport.

I've read your mousasi comments....you're a punchline. Its taken you long enough to engage with me but ,lol, I dont blame you.
I'll eat you for lunch on this or anything else.

F-ing sherroaches

Back