Corey Bellator vs UFC payment

Had to google this shit to know if it was true because it made no sense. Looks like it was a decision 16 fucking years ago. Uhhm "A" for effort I guess? I do agree that Corey is no subpar talent and that dude is clueless. But trying to shit on Blachovich and Teixieira bringing up ancient fights makes you look like a twat though.

No, it doesn't make me look like a twat, it makes you look like a moron that you didn't understand the point of my post.
Actually, not just look like...

325k for a Featherweight is a lot. I doubt there is more than 2 or 3 Featherweights in the UFC that make more per fight and there might not even be 3.

Here is Edgar vs Sandhagen's payouts both less than Pitbull. https://thesportsdaily.com/2021/02/...kov-fighter-salaries-incentive-pay-fox11/amp/

Other than Volkanovski and Holloway I don't think any Featherweight in the UFC makes more than Pitbull.
Edgar vs Sandhagen was not a title fight, the point with Pitbull is that he has been a champion for a while, double champion while at it, and 325k is his highest payday (per individual fight, he most likely will earn the 1 million prize too), UFC champs usually make more than that. 325k is good money and many UFC names dont make that, but again, he is Bellator's double champ, he would be getting PPV points in the UFC.

It’s beneficial for some to head to Bellator and for others to go to the UFC. At the end of the day, I love that there are options for fighters. Every athlete has a different situation based on their age, miles and talent. Mma needs promotions like One, Bellator and of couse the UFC.

Bellator became profitable after Coker took over.
From what I'm seeing Bellator lost over 100 million between 2010-2018 but did turn a profit in 2019 and 2020. So your statement isn't wrong but a little misleading. Coker joined Bellator in 2014 but yes it does appear he has turned the ship around.

Last edited:
Edgar vs Sandhagen was not a title fight, the point with Pitbull is that he has been a champion for a while, double champion while at it, and 325k is his highest payday (per individual fight, he most likely will earn the 1 million prize too), UFC champs usually make more than that. 325k is good money and many UFC names dont make that, but again, he is Bellator's double champ, he would be getting PPV points in the UFC.
You acted like 325k isn't much for Pitbull which is wrong cause the only Featherweights in the UFC that make more than him are Volkanovski and Holloway. For what he's done I agree he should be payed more but to act like he isnt getting payed well while only 2 UFC fighters in his division get payed more is weird.

I wonder how much Mousasi got paid to get roughed up by Shlemenko.

gegard-mousasi-shlemenko-bellator-1852.jpg

More than he did when he was smacking around UFC fighters.

So he still got a shit contract even after TUF?
Tuf contracts are really long, like 9 fights historically. They seriously cripple earning potential, which is why most TUF winners hated it in hindsight and wish they had got into the UFC normally.

it's weird how Corey Anderson, a fighter that really has zero fanfare is make 15x as much money as he did in the UFC. i wonder why all the good fighters in UFC don't jump over to Bellator when their contracts are done?

it's almost like, something doesn't add up...

The guys on the prelims at Bellator get paid much less though. Corey is a star at Bellator but was a regular journeyman in the UFC. He knew he wasn't good enough to be champ so can't blame him for moving and making money for his family.

Prelim Bellator fighters are local journeymen and up and comers getting a 1 fight deal. Most of them have to guarantee ticket sales etc... When your in the UFC you're stuck into their contract.

Corey has been my most disliked fighters since his debut but, I am happy to see him get paid.

Ok so you were moving goal posts for someone else, it's still lame and he was still wrong.

You are also using a lot of straw man arguments. I never said that Corey Anderson going to Bellator is similar to Pitbull, Chandler and Alvarez making good money in Bellator before ever going to the UFC. You seem fixated on my username so much that you are arguing against a bunch of things I never said.

You shouldn't talk about defending anyone, this whole thing started cause you wanted to white knight for that guy that claimed no one in Bellator makes good money without going to the UFC first.
So, you are what people call here a "bellator shill"? LMAO Never seen one. Nah, man. I thought you misunderstood the other guy because you were kind of slow of you were trying to intentionally deflect the point to not make Bellator look bad. Now I know which one it was. Nobody is moving a goal post, you were just wrong and I cleared it up, that's all.

You seem very upset and worked up because somebody made bellator look bad on a comment. I'm sure you will get over it in time lol

No, it doesn't make me look like a twat, it makes you look like a moron that you didn't understand the point of my post.
Actually, not just look like...
You said something that was wrong and I called you out on it. Don't get mad at me for that, boy :rolleyes:

So, you are what people call here a "bellator shill"? LMAO Never seen one. Nah, man. I thought you misunderstood the other guy because you were kind of slow of you were trying to intentionally deflect the point to not make Bellator look bad. Now I know which one it was. Nobody is moving a goal post, you were just wrong and I cleared it up, that's all.

You seem very upset and worked up because somebody made bellator look bad on a comment. I'm sure you will get over it in time lol
How is saying that there are fighters in Bellator that make good money that didn't fight in the UFC first, shilling? That's just a fact. Alvarez, Chandler and Pitbull all were payed very well in Bellator before they ever fought in the UFC.

I didn't misunderstand anything I read what he wrote and what he wrote was wrong. You're making a lot of assumptions about what he meant that isn't based on what he actually wrote.

You moved the goal post for someone else who claimed that no one in Bellator makes good money without fighting in the UFC first. I gave multiple examples of fighters that have then you spouted a bunch of straw man arguments and tried to change his argument into something he didn't say because you wanted to be his white knight then claim that I am defending Bellator fighters rather than just correcting someone on something they were wrong about. You are projecting.

Last edited:
Fighters should stop putting fighting "the best" over their pay. Use the UFC to put your name out there but as soon as your contract is up, shop around and go where the money is. Never cared much for Corey but I'm happy for him.

I guess this make me some kind of culprit/hypocrite cause I bitch a lot about how UFC dont pay their fighters. Yet here we have an organization that doest pay its fighters but I cant be bothered watching their events. Shame on me.

I would watch when it was on free tv/DAZN. Not getting Showtime though.

You said something that was wrong and I called you out on it. Don't get mad at me for that, boy :rolleyes:

I said something that was a fact and you couldn't understand the reason for me saying this, because of your peanut brain

Back