Corey Bellator vs UFC payment

Can't wait for Coker to run another Org into Bankruptcy.
Strikeforce was growing and profitable when UFC bought them. But yeah Bellator is deep in the red I'm sure.

Well that's a bit deceiving considering he Corey started with the UFC in his 4th pro fight. He's not going to get rewarded with his pay that early in his career. In his first 10 fights he went 6-4, that's not exactly anything to rave about getting high pay. It wasn't till he went on that 4 fight win streak with wins over Glover and Walker that got him into contender status and top 5.

Anyone that is that early in their career wont get high pay until they establish themselves. Corey was established and got better pay from a rival. It works the same way the other way around. Guys like Chanlder and Gaethe are making way more than there were early in their career in other promotions.

Reactions: lsa
Good to see Corey getting paid. Hope more fighters go to the better organization.

Bellator > UFC. Scott Coker bless.

scott+coker.jpeg

<WhatIsThis>

But in Bellator you fight tougher guys and can get head concussions easier.

It's not news really, Bellator can afford to pay a few disgruntled UFC fighters more than they were getting in the UFC but they can't come close to paying what the UFC does across the board.

If you compare the payouts across the event of a big UFC card and a big Bellator card it won't be close.

I'm happy that Corey is getting paid and enjoying his life more now. But man, very misleading. He built his name in the UFC and now he is getting paid elsewhere due to the fruits of his labour.

They need to build their own stars more. Bellator's model is building their events with fighters from UFC. These are fighters that UFC is releasing so they will always be considered second best for USA mma promotions. They are not actively trying to be first by building their own homegrown talent and challenging UFC's claim of having the best fighters. They need someone in charge trying to beat UFC, and not just eat off UFC.

I don't think Coker has that kind of mentality, that's why all his promotions are just considered to be places where fighters go after their UFC run doesn't pan out. There needs to be a switch in the way Bellator is viewed.

Strikeforce was growing and profitable when UFC bought them. But yeah Bellator is deep in the red I'm sure.

I seem to remember it different..Pretty sure Strikeforce sold because they were not profitable.. I could be wrong

They need to build their own stars more. Bellator's model is building their events with fighters from UFC. These are fighters that UFC is releasing so they will always be considered second best for USA mma promotions. They are not actively trying to be first by building their own homegrown talent and challenging UFC's claim of having the best fighters. They need someone in charge trying to beat UFC, and not just eat off UFC.
What makes you think they don't do that? They just bring UFC fighters so their homegrown talent gets more recognition if they beat the UFC fighters.

Do you think Nemkov would be considered the best LHW by many if he didn't beat any of the UFC top 5 fighters?

They have a bunch of homegrown talent: Pitbull bros, AJ McKee, Joey Davis, Jay Jay Wilson, Mowry, Fortune (plenty dude, too lazy to list them all)

What makes you think they don't do that? They just bring UFC fighters so their homegrown talent gets more recognition if they beat the UFC fighters.

Do you think Nemkov would be considered the best LHW by many if he didn't beat any of the UFC top 5 fighters?

They have a bunch of homegrown talent: Pitbull bros, AJ McKee, Joey Davis, Jay Jay Wilson, Mowry, Fortune (plenty dude, too lazy to list them all)
Because they build most of their events around ex UFC fighters. They are always the main events and the fighters they should be building are found in prelims and under card for UFC fighters on the main card. They have the possibility to build their own stars, they just aren't doing it.

Good for Bellator, but they keep doing that and they'll be done in a few years. far as I heard they ahve not been making any money at all

Alternative promotions always over pay and go bankrupt, then people keep screaming at UFC to pay more. Fighting is different than most sports, you can't have guys go out once a week, which would generate more money for pay.

Those that are underappreciated by the UFC, have a shit manager or a combination of both, most that make the switch claim to have made more, pretty sure Romero and Rumble, the next former UFC big names that are going to fight in the same tournament might get quite decent money too, but they were already getting paid in the UFC, doubt they make more there.

Pitbull isnt exactly making bank, he made 325k in his last fight, and made less the fight before that, while being a 2 division champ and a long time top Bellator fighter, Corey Anderson's run in the UFC is completely forgettable.
325k for a Featherweight is a lot. I doubt there is more than 2 or 3 Featherweights in the UFC that make more per fight and there might not even be 3.

Here is Edgar vs Sandhagen's payouts both less than Pitbull. https://thesportsdaily.com/2021/02/...kov-fighter-salaries-incentive-pay-fox11/amp/

Other than Volkanovski and Holloway I don't think any Featherweight in the UFC makes more than Pitbull.

Last edited:
No, I didn't. I'm not the same guy you answered that post to lol. But I did get what he meant. You either didn't get it or did get it but are biased towards Bellator and want to "defend" them.

Chandler and Pitbull were champions with multiple defenses for several years. Corey was never a champ, never even fought for a belt, have several losses in UFC. It's just no the same.
Ok so you were moving goal posts for someone else, it's still lame and he was still wrong.

You are also using a lot of straw man arguments. I never said that Corey Anderson going to Bellator is similar to Pitbull, Chandler and Alvarez making good money in Bellator before ever going to the UFC. You seem fixated on my username so much that you are arguing against a bunch of things I never said.

You shouldn't talk about defending anyone, this whole thing started cause you wanted to white knight for that guy that claimed no one in Bellator makes good money without going to the UFC first.

Last edited:
Back