Corey Bellator vs UFC payment

He also got knocked out by the likes of Gian Villante, OSP, Manuwa, and was rather uncompetitive with the “UFC Champion” in their rematch... I’m all about competition amongst MMA orgs but don’t give me any of that disingenuous stuff.

I get throwing money at guys like Mousasi to poach talent, but Corey is about as mediocre as it gets lol.

2d7b5f2cf188c1364b36f71f60678d01.gif

Dude, Blachowicz got leg kicked to retirement by Sokoudjou and outwrestled by Manuwa.
Teixeira got submitted by MW ed Herman.
What subpar talents, I tell ya

Michael Chandler and Pitbull both made like 6 figures per fight in Bellator where they made their names. Alvarez also was payed very well.
Chandler and Pitbull were champions with multiple defenses for several years. Corey was never a champ, never even fought for a belt, have several losses in UFC. Not the same level of "stars" for each promotion.

Chandler and Pitbull were champions with multiple defenses for several years. Corey was never a champ, never even fought for a belt, have several losses in UFC. Not the same level of "stars" for each promotion.
Why are you trying to move the goal post? The person I replied to said to name a fighter in Bellator that gets payed well that didn't make their name in the UFC, I named 3.

The guys on the prelims at Bellator get paid much less though. Corey is a star at Bellator but was a regular journeyman in the UFC. He knew he wasn't good enough to be champ so can't blame him for moving and making money for his family.
Corey is far from a journeyman. He's a Tuf winner and also has wins over the champ and number 1 contender.

I’m proud for Corey. Glad he is getting the money he feels he deserves.

That’s said thread starting is presenting a misleading argument.

Certain key fighters get paid more in Bellator. As many pointed out there are guys on the prelims making less than 1k/1k. And athletes with significant fan bases get paid more in the UFC.

Overall the UFC pays dramatically more the Bellator.
Those that are underappreciated by the UFC, have a shit manager or a combination of both, most that make the switch claim to have made more, pretty sure Romero and Rumble, the next former UFC big names that are going to fight in the same tournament might get quite decent money too, but they were already getting paid in the UFC, doubt they make more there.

Michael Chandler and Pitbull both made like 6 figures per fight in Bellator where they made their names. Alvarez also was payed very well.

Pitbull isnt exactly making bank, he made 325k in his last fight, and made less the fight before that, while being a 2 division champ and a long time top Bellator fighter, Corey Anderson's run in the UFC is completely forgettable.

You're telling me Corey made less when he was working his way up and establishing himself? Wow!

So Chandler walked away from that "big Bellator money" for the pennies offered by the UFC? Wait...what's that? He's getting paid really well AND he wants to prove himself against the best fighters in the organization that has the most exposure? Oh. That makes sense!

In almost every case of a UFC fighter going to Bellator, it's because they hit a ceiling and couldn't make it to the top or they are past their prime. Don't @ me Bellator shills, it's the truth, no matter how much you deny it
Corey had 15 fights in the UFC. At what point should he be done "working his way up" and start making the big bucks?

If (to make up a number) Corey has made $1m in Bellator, that's $500k a fight, while in UFC he would have averaged $33k per fight (15x less). Assuming what Corey said in his tweet is true. That's a HUGE jump, and if Corey had 15 UFC fifghts, he must have been on his second or third contract at least.

Now you are just moving the goal post. You said name a fighter in Bellator that gets payed well that didn't make their name in the UFC, I named 3.
No, I didn't. I'm not the same guy you answered that post to lol. But I did get what he meant. You either didn't get it or did get it but are biased towards Bellator and want to "defend" them.

Chandler and Pitbull were champions with multiple defenses for several years. Corey was never a champ, never even fought for a belt, have several losses in UFC. It's just no the same.

someone should tell corey the reason bellator is paying him so much is because of his ufc career.

Dude, Blachowicz got leg kicked to retirement by Sokoudjou and outwrestled by Manuwa.
Teixeira got submitted by MW ed Herman.
What subpar talents, I tell ya
Had to google this shit to know if it was true because it made no sense. Looks like it was a decision 16 fucking years ago. Uhhm "A" for effort I guess? I do agree that Corey is no subpar talent and that dude is clueless. But trying to shit on Blachovich and Teixieira bringing up ancient fights makes you look like a twat though.

Build your name, then get paid

how much was Hector Lombard, Ben Askren, Joe Soto etc..
early Bellator champs making there?

how much is Michael Chandler making now?

Cool. Now talk about the bellator fighters who get paid 1.5k/1.5k and have to sell tickets.

Show me who's making that money in Bellator without building their name elsewhere first?
Aaron Pico.

Aaron Pico ($40,000 + $40,000 = $80,000) def. Leandro Higo ($14,000)

Rory against Lawler got 59k in the UFC lol

Last edited:
someone should tell corey the reason bellator is paying him so much is because of his ufc career.

Make sure you keep that energy when talking about Chandler's pay my little donkey.

Has Corey released his actual Bellator contract numbers or is he just making an empty statement online? His last earnings in 2018 were $65k to show, $65K to win in the UFC.

Corey is far from a journeyman. He's a Tuf winner and also has wins over the champ and number 1 contender.
Journeyman wasn't maybe the best description. A decent top10 guy but not good enough to be champ. While others improved, he remained one-dimensional and predictable. I hope he does well in Bellator though

Yep, I feel like Bellator will steal all of the talent simply by paying its fighters what they are worth.
I guess they pay barely the same (or even less) to lesser known fighters, but when you've been fighting so long for an organization and they pay you shit...
If bellator paid so great more would choose to fight there. They overpay for some name recognition I assume at times. Not because they are some noble and generous company.

Reactions: lsa
Bellator Money!

LET THAT SALIVATE COREY!

Corey had 15 fights in the UFC. At what point should he be done "working his way up" and start making the big bucks?

If (to make up a number) Corey has made $1m in Bellator, that's $500k a fight, while in UFC he would have averaged $33k per fight (15x less). Assuming what Corey said in his tweet is true. That's a HUGE jump, and if Corey had 15 UFC fifghts, he must have been on his second or third contract at least.
Having "15 fights" doesnt tell the whole story, he won 11 of those and im guessing the 4 he lost where the ones that could had made him relevant, or the 11 he won were not that impressive wins, my point is, just a number of fights its not enough to determine if someone needs to get paid better.

Can't wait for Coker to run another Org into Bankruptcy.

You're telling me Corey made less when he was working his way up and establishing himself? Wow!

So Chandler walked away from that "big Bellator money" for the pennies offered by the UFC? Wait...what's that? He's getting paid really well AND he wants to prove himself against the best fighters in the organization that has the most exposure? Oh. That makes sense!

In almost every case of a UFC fighter going to Bellator, it's because they hit a ceiling and couldn't make it to the top or they are past their prime. Don't @ me Bellator shills, it's the truth, no matter how much you deny it

There's no evidence Corey has hit his ceiling. On the contrary, he's still getting better. He didn't want to deal with Dana anymore and is more than happy in the better organization now.

Oh and people will @ you whenever they feel like it little one.

Back