Corey Bellator vs UFC payment

You're telling me Corey made less when he was working his way up and establishing himself? Wow!

So Chandler walked away from that "big Bellator money" for the pennies offered by the UFC? Wait...what's that? He's getting paid really well AND he wants to prove himself against the best fighters in the organization that has the most exposure? Oh. That makes sense!

In almost every case of a UFC fighter going to Bellator, it's because they hit a ceiling and couldn't make it to the top (Moose, Rory, Bader, Davis, Anderson) or they are past their prime (Machida, Mir, Sonnen and inevitably JDS and Overeem it seems). Don't @ me Bellator shills, it's the truth, no matter how much you deny it.

When a Bellator fighter (Chandler, Brooks, Alvarez, Lombard) goes to the UFC, it's because they reached the top and have nothing left to prove in that organization and want to test themselves against better fighters in the UFC.

Last edited:
That subpar talent is 1-1 with the current UFC LHW champ and ragdolled the #1 contender about to fight for the title lol

He also got knocked out by the likes of Gian Villante, OSP, Manuwa, and was rather uncompetitive with the “UFC Champion” in their rematch... I’m all about competition amongst MMA orgs but don’t give me any of that disingenuous stuff.

I get throwing money at guys like Mousasi to poach talent, but Corey is about as mediocre as it gets lol.

2d7b5f2cf188c1364b36f71f60678d01.gif

I'd like to see more UFC fighters head over to Bellator.

Maybe after losing some big names, U Fight Cheap will start paying their fighters properly.

Id like to see it. But from what we've seen how the UFC manipulates fighters with their contracts, they won't pay more. They'll just make it extremely difficult to leave.

Yep, I feel like Bellator will steal all of the talent simply by paying its fighters what they are worth.
I guess they pay barely the same (or even less) to lesser known fighters, but when you've been fighting so long for an organization and they pay you shit...
Bellator pays a very small % of fighters good. For 95% of fighters, they will make way less in Bellator. Especially the low end guys who make as low as 500 to show in Bellator. People don't like the ufc so they cherry pick examples of the few times Bellator pays better.

Obviously the ufc should pay more. But if you think Bellator is going to pay better because of a few cherry picked examples, you are an idiot

I guess this make me some kind of culprit/hypocrite cause I bitch a lot about how UFC dont pay their fighters. Yet here we have an organization that doest pay its fighters but I cant be bothered watching their events. Shame on me.
They are paying them too much. They should invest that money in marketing like the UFC does so that people like you and other would care to watch his fights. Their ratings in showtime are horrible.

I'm sorry if it's harsh but what they are doing is not profitable at all. Also Corey Anderson is getting paid this because he is a former UFC contender, just like Askren got the big payday with the youtuber because he was in the UFC. How much money are Bellator veterans getting for fights? Nobody even knows who they are.

Bellator’s disclosed revenue split: 40-45%

UFC’s disclosed revenue split: 18%
I don't know what fair is, but the UFC has to have magnitudes more overhead. Weekly events in multiple countries, several times the staff, the performance institute, the Ultimate Fighter, DWCS, fight pass, not to mention a much larger roster. Bellator certainly seems to me to be a larger enterprise than a boxing promotion, which to my knowledge (admittedly limited) does none of those thing, but smaller than UFC.

Allegedly, there are guys on the Bellator prelims making $2k to show and $2k to win.

To compete with the UFC and other promotions for viewers, Bellator needs to have decent main cards at least which might mean overpaying for talent in some cases. Not saying Corey is overpaid, but relative to what the UFC would have given him.

However, this means his average Bellator fight made 30x what his average UFC fight made, which is really hard to believe.
upload_2021-4-21_11-12-1.png

I don't know what fair is, but the UFC has to have magnitudes more overhead. Weekly events in multiple countries, several times the staff, the performance institute, the Ultimate Fighter, DWCS, fight pass, not to mention a much larger roster. Bellator certainly seems to me to be a larger enterprise than a boxing promotion, which to my knowledge (admittedly limited) does none of those thing, but smaller than UFC.
Like imported snow in Dana’s yard?
<mma3>

Its cool he and others got paid in Bellator, but the "super high" ratings he seems to deliver dont match his paycheck...legit wondering how can he allegedly make more in 2 fights (wins) than in 15 fights with 11 wins and 100k in bonuses alone, also 15 fights improves (while still chump change) the Reebok money they get, not buying it, some Bellator payouts have been posted here and they are not that impressive.

Their Goat FW and LW champ made 325k in his last fight.

I’m proud for Corey. Glad he is getting the money he feels he deserves.

That’s said thread starter is presenting a misleading argument.

Certain key fighters get paid more in Bellator. As many pointed out there are guys on the prelims making less than 1k/1k. And athletes with significant fan bases get paid more in the UFC.

Overall the UFC pays dramatically more the Bellator.

Last edited:
Good on Corey.

I like talent across orgs and fighters playing musical chairs.

Show me who's making that money in Bellator without building their name elsewhere first?
Michael Chandler and Pitbull both made like 6 figures per fight in Bellator where they made their names. Alvarez also was payed very well.

This guy is still salty AF from the whole UFC situation and it really shows. Just do your Bellator thing, you were never champ material in UFC anyways, be glad some one is paying you good money and move on.

Bellator pays a very small % of fighters good. For 95% of fighters, they will make way less in Bellator. Especially the low end guys who make as low as 500 to show in Bellator. People don't like the ufc so they cherry pick examples of the few times Bellator pays better.

Obviously the ufc should pay more. But if you think Bellator is going to pay better because of a few cherry picked examples, you are an idiot
Those guys you are talking about are regional fighters that get payed even less when they aren't fighting for Bellator. Bellator pays around 40% of their revenue to their fighters while theUFC pays about 18%.

Good for Corey but its more indictive of smaller leagues being able to over pay for a select few fighters who already have name value from fighting in other organization. Its is also part of the reason Affliction went tits up

I imagine a chunk of the money he's making in Bellator comes from his ability to have sponsors. In the UFC, with 11 fights, he was getting $10k from Reebok...
This. If UFC allowed their fighters to have sponsors it would make a hell of a difference. Dana to greedy to even let them have that though

Back