Corey Anderson's decision to leave the ufc was the best thing he could do

Honestly if the UFC had seen what Anderson was turning into as a fighter they might not have been so keen to let him go.

Maybe Dana was still pissed off at him for derailing Walkers hype train?

Corey passed out and smash his face on the gravel road not long after his loss to Jan

63fd889cf07f4dfeb31ef69b4e0ded4a_md.jpg

TBH the ufc just thought he was damaged goods

Bader is, weirdly, still the HW champ...but he isnt the LHW champ and that happened a while ago.

Anderson claims he is making x times the amount he made in the UFC in just a few Bellator fights, i dont buy that, but good for him if he does.

Enjoy though TS messed up on something, plenty of dickheads in the threads already lol ……Ts point that Anderson is much better off in bellator still stands and it was a smart choice to leave …..Nemkov is a tough matchup imo

Sponsor dollars alone , Corey in a better place . UFC shouldve given him a chance to " un- couch" his game. He, now, certainly capable of winning OR losing to Jan or Jiri.

Been rooting for Anderson for a long time now. I remember people laughing at me for picking him over walker.

Do you realize he has wins over Glover and Jan?
Do you realize many other fighters do too? People act like it's such a big accomplishment to be proud of. Many fighters have wins over corey also.. it's part of the fight game. Only the lucky ones retire undefeated.

Do you realize many other fighters do too? People act like it's such a big accomplishment to be proud of. Many fighters have wins over corey also.. it's part of the fight game. Only the lucky ones retire undefeated.

Not that many have, and it's more about WHO those fighters were.

Glover's only losses in the last 15 years are:
Prime Jon Jones (2014)
Prime Phil Davis (2014)
Prime Rumble (2016)
Near Prime Gustafson (2017)
And Corey Anderson.

Which shows that he has elite skills and doesn't really get respect as a top 5 LHW. Yes, he's been KO'd but like you said, almost no one retires undefeated.

If he wins the Bellator belt which is pretty likely then yes. But we'll see.

In the UFC he was unlucky to get KO'd by Jiri and not win the belt. But I think Corey had more of a history with Jones and Jones might have stayed another fight for him whereas Jan was just another guy.

I honestly think that's the best move most top 10 UFC fighters can make. Especially if you're on a 4-5 win streak and lose before you get a title shot, you'll likely never make it back to another one.

Curtis Blaydes is a prime candidate, he could easily become the Bellator champ.

He looks better than ever. Straight beat Bader's ass last night...

Some claim ali doesn’t look out for fighters interests but seemed to have done well for Corey here. Fighters aren’t supposed to negotiate with other orgs while they are under contract with a different org but seems like ali knew what was available.

Thats basically the argument to shit on him, the UFC loses and that he is not in the UFC anymore, my point is...he is just as good as the best in the UFC's LHW division, with wins over whoever holds the belt after that fight, and i dont even like the guy.

As a prize fighter, this was the best move. Now Corey has the chance to get $1M and the title belt. It would take Corey close to 10 years to make that money in the UFC.

Wasn't he cut?
Probably, but i think as oddly as it sounds, it was sort of mutual because it seems he asked for more money, they declined, then he asked to be released and they granted his wish, "getting cut" sounds like the fighter wants to stay and they still end the contract prematurely.

Its not like they have not cut someone that later becomes a UFC champion...

Probably, but i think as oddly as it sounds, it was sort of mutual because it seems he asked for more money, they declined, then he asked to be released and they granted his wish, "getting cut" sounds like the fighter wants to stay and they still end the contract prematurely.

Its not like they have not cut someone that later becomes a champion...
<mma4>

Back