Corey Anderson says a recent health scare and wisdom from DC inspired him to sign with Bellator.

Lol Bellator is operating in the black ... nice try though buddy. What’s wrong with you ppl? See someone do what’s best for them and try to spin it negatively. Just be happy for him and move on instead of wishing him or his company fails. Fucking looooooosah!
I didn't wish anything on him or his company.

I just found it startling not long ago when I read that Bellator hasn't reported a profit the whole time they've been in business. Now here they are paying Cory Anderson what would seem to be more than 130k per fight. I thought it was a valid point ya fuckin' bully.

corey anderson stays bitching but im glad it worked out for him.

I dunno, him earning 130k for being such a forgetable fighter seems like a fair deal. I didnt even know he was released. And im sure the UFC wasnt very thrilled to have a guy with a heart problem around. That said UFC fighters should be payed more overall.
Was waiting for the first idiot to jump on the “DURRRR $130k ThAtS a GrEaT DeAl DURRRR” as if taxes fees and expenses don’t exist

I didn't wish anything on him or his company.

I just found it startling not long ago when I read that Bellator hasn't reported a profit the whole time they've been in business. Now here they are paying Cory Anderson what would seem to be more than 130k per fight. I thought it was a valid point ya fuckin' bully.
It’s not a valid point. And Bellator is owned by Viacom/CBS and has tv deals and sponsorships around the world. They are without a doubt making money. They can afford to pay Corey Anderson. Just like the UFC can too. The only difference is that UFC doesn’t care about nor respect their fighters because the company is run by a bunch of Hollywood assholes who don’t know shit about the sport.

It's best for all parties involved. Corey probably realized he was never going to be UFC champion and took the approach that he should make as much money as possible for the sake of his family even if it meant giving up the dream of a UFC title.

Bellator gets a solid enough fighter with a name that some people know and at least has the title of "former top 5 in the UFC".

UFC loses a fighter who wasn't going to win the title but could beat enough of the up and comers so they wouldn't get promoted or move up as quickly either. Plus he wasn't a massive fan favorite or anything.

He's gotta know he's extremely boring and the only fans he has are on his ceiling. Won't miss him.

Fair play to him, better money and more respect. Can only see more midcarders following him out of the ufc.

It’s not a valid point. And Bellator is owned by Viacom/CBS and has tv deals and sponsorships around the world. They are without a doubt making money. They can afford to pay Corey Anderson. Just like the UFC can too. The only difference is that UFC doesn’t care about nor respect their fighters because the company is run by a bunch of Hollywood assholes who don’t know shit about the sport.

Why you gotta be so down on the UFC? Your whole white knight thing for calling me out was about being negative about Bellator & look at you now being the same way toward the UFC. Your pov isn't more valid just because you're "standing up for the little guy."

Just because Viacom is making money doesn't mean Bellator is. It's a fact that Bellator is not. It would be like saying the mammoth Endeavor company's books equate to how rich the UFC is. Endeavor has buisinesses that have nothing to do with the UFC. They do bullriding n shit. Miss Universe... etc... what does that have to do with the UFC? In the same way Viacom has businesses that have nothing to do with Bellator. What if Viacom decides to just cut its losses? It's not an invalid point that they've never posted a profitable year. Viacom could just cut the fat & be dun with it.

Was waiting for the first idiot to jump on the “DURRRR $130k ThAtS a GrEaT DeAl DURRRR” as if taxes fees and expenses don’t exist
Thats not what i said, i said its pretty much what he's worth and valued in balance to what he brings the UFC in profits. I still stand by that UFC fighters should be paid more. But you cant also just be sitting on the sidelines with no personality or not being a "unique" fighter and then expect getting paid the same as well established star fighters.

Why you gotta be so down on the UFC? Your whole white knight thing for calling me out was about being negative about Bellator & look at you now being the same way toward the UFC. Your pov isn't more valid just because you're "standing up for the little guy."

Just because Viacom is making money doesn't mean Bellator is. It's a fact that Bellator is not. It would be like saying the mammoth Endeavor company's books equate to how rich the UFC is. Endeavor has buisinesses that have nothing to do with the UFC. They do bullriding n shit. Miss Universe... etc... what does that have to do with the UFC? In the same way Viacom has businesses that have nothing to do with Bellator. What if Viacom decides to just cut its losses? It's not an invalid point that they've never posted a profitable year. Viacom could just cut the fat & be dun with it.
You don’t know what you’re talking about clearly. So stop talking about it. Pretty simple concept.

Thats not what i said, i said its pretty much what he's worth and valued in balance to what he brings the UFC in profits. I still stand by that UFC fighters should be paid more. But you cant also just be sitting on the sidelines with no personality or not being a "unique" fighter and then expect getting paid the same as well established star fighters.
“Durrrr bE a UnIqUE fIGhTeR wItH PeRsOnAlItY DURR” So I guess being top 5 in your weight class isn’t enough to warrant decent wages for a pro athlete. I’m gonna tell all future fighters this. Don’t work on your wrestling or striking! Start working on that personality! That’s what’s gonna take you far in this sport kid! That’s what the idiots want! Personality! Jab? Forget about it step in the cage and show some personality! Then you’ll get paid!

“Durrrr bE a UnIqUE fIGhTeR wItH PeRsOnAlItY DURR” So I guess being top 5 in your weight class isn’t enough to warrant decent wages for a pro athlete. I’m gonna tell all future fighters this. Don’t work on your wrestling or striking! Start working on that personality! That’s what’s gonna take you far in this sport kid! That’s what the idiots want! Personality! Jab? Forget about it step in the cage and show some personality! Then you’ll get paid!
<YeahOKJen><Neil01>

You don’t know what you’re talking about clearly. So stop talking about it. Pretty simple concept.
How about your arrogant ass start making some sense instead of avoiding the topic. All you've said so far is that Viacom has money & so that secures Bellator from bankruptsy. You need to get off your white knight bullshit crusade & just admit that I had a point.

Probably not. I’ve seen much worse. Plus the guy grew up in the UFC. He’s just now entering his prime. Like why would you give up on him now? Lol it’s like the Sergio Pettis thing. You sign the kid when he’s 19, invest 7 years and then let him go when he’s 26 about to enter his prime over a couple bucks? Stupid. Stop being so fucking cheap man you’re wasting your own time.
Just entering his prime? He just got KTFO dead. Every step up in competition he got smoked, badly. Will people turn into Bellator to watch Corey Anderson? Nope. Was it a smart move by him to go to Bellator and get paid more and fight against bums to save years on his life and spare some brain trauma? 100%. The only thing the UFC could've gained from keeping him is having him as the main character in other fighters KO highlight reels.

Back